ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Robert E. Klein with thanks to GotToRollMe!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Greatest Rock n Roll song ever? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
21st January 2008 01:43 PM
TomL Around and Around.
21st January 2008 07:37 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Love Eddie Cochran...he was taken FAR too early.

Don't know if "Louie Louie" is the greatest rock and roll song ever, but it has an entire book devoted to it. Lots of great covers of that raw energy song.

On behalf of the city of Portland, Oregon, I'd like to thank all those who nominated the Kingsmen's version of "Louie Louie" for this high honor. Some aficianados, however, prefer the earlier version by another local group who were definitely not one-hit wonders: Paul Revere & the Raiders (originally from Idaho--hey, COTM!--I'm told, but long a Portland fixture in the early Sixties).
21st January 2008 07:41 PM
Sioux Well, hey, Portland guy.... I love PR&R's version, starting with Madman Marcus' wailin' sax.... I've known Mark for 20 years. He's a great guy! I guess you know all about his Rock & Roll Cafe and radio show on KHITS 106.7, eh? Thanks for the plug for the Raiders too!
22nd January 2008 10:37 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
On behalf of the city of Portland, Oregon, I'd like to thank all those who nominated the Kingsmen's version of "Louie Louie" for this high honor.

22nd January 2008 11:04 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Yes.
Louie Louie and I Fought the Law.

I think I withdraw their nominations. I want to get to the bottom of it.

Bobby Fuller's version of I Fought The Law is more often than not my favourite record of all time.
22nd January 2008 11:20 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Bobby Fuller's version of I Fought The Law is more often than not my favourite record of all time.

It's a contender no doubt.
He sure had good taste in Go Go Dancers. I'm glad my Grandfather never saw this clip in those days. He'd have banned Bobby Fuller from the house.

22nd January 2008 11:30 AM
TampabayStone
quote:

It's a contender no doubt.
He sure had good taste in Go Go Dancers. I'm glad my Grandfather never saw this clip in those days. He'd have banned Bobby Fuller from the house.

You know what? I so a very quick boob shot in the original King Kong, word. I am just good at that type of stuff.
22nd January 2008 12:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
22nd January 2008 01:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Any song that's ballsy enough to knock Honky Tonk Women off the top of the charts is at least worthy of an honorable mention.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
22nd January 2008 01:09 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Any song that's ballsy enough to knock Honky Tonk Women off the top of the charts is at least worthy of an honorable mention.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

Photobucket
22nd January 2008 01:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels wrong one.

22nd January 2008 02:47 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
wrong one.

Even gheyer than the 1st one! But, not this ghey.

Photobucket
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)