ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Robert E. Klein with thanks to GotToRollMe!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Black Crowes Release First New Album In Seven Years Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th January 2008 12:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The Black Crowes Release First New Album In Seven Years
Jazz News
January 7, 2008

For the first time in their 18-year career, The Black Crowes will perform an album of theirs in its entirety. On a special run of "One Night Only" shows beginning March 2 and wrapping March 20, fans will experience Warpaint-the group's first album of all new studio material in seven years, due out March 4 - in its entirety onstage, after which the band will perform songs from their catalog and selected surprises.

A listing of these seven one-time-only tour dates is below, with the on-sale info. In the midst of this trek, the band will headline Stubbs March 15 at SXSW in Austin.

THE BLACK CROWES launch their overseas tour March 24 when they headline the East Coast Blues & Roots Festival in Australia. They'll continue their Down Under trek-their first since 1991-through April 5, and conclude with exclusive performances in London, UK at Brixton Academy April 9 and The Amsterdam Music Hall April 11. A major market multiple night U.S. tour will begin in May, with cities and venues to be announced in the near future.

WARPAINT marks the recording debut of two new band members-second guitarist Luther Dickerson, formerly of North Mississippi Allstars, and keyboardist Adam MacDougall-who join CHRIS and RICH and drummer Steve Gorman and bassist Sven Pipien. The album-which is being independently released on the band's own newly-formed Silver Arrow Records, distributed through Megaforce/Sony Red BMG-builds compellingly on the band's trademark adventurous brew of rock, blues, country, soul and gospel.

Produced and mixed by Paul Stacey at Allaire Studios, Woodstock, NY, the album features 11 songs, all of which were written by CHRIS and RICH ROBINSON, except "God's Got It" by the Reverend Charlie Jackson. "Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution" is set as the album's first single and video; the song will arrive at radio on Monday, January 7.

THE BLACK CROWES have sold over 20 million albums and are known as one of rock's best live acts. They have been called "The Most Rock n' Roll Rock 'n' Roll Band In the World" and a "thoroughbred American rock 'n' freakin' roll band"; their panoramic live shows feature alternating set lists and signature incendiary musical explorations.

9th January 2008 12:37 PM
Some Guy the new tune-

www.blackcrowes.com
9th January 2008 01:03 PM
glencar Straight to the cut-out bin!
9th January 2008 01:03 PM
steel driving hammer Living a life of constant change, every day means the turn of a page...

Yesterdays Papers are such bad news, Same thing applies to me and you...

Glad you like the Crowes though!
9th January 2008 02:34 PM
Stonesian Fox Whoooooptie Doooo
9th January 2008 03:16 PM
Throwaway check out the vid featuring GDOTR on www.blackcrowes.com, pretty cool
9th January 2008 03:44 PM
steel driving hammer Thanks that was not too bad!

The White Stripes are good but this is a 1000 times better.
9th January 2008 05:10 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
the new tune-

www.blackcrowes.com

Sounds decent enough, but not exactly earth shattering. Good to hear the old Crowes vibe is intact, though. It will probably work better in the context of the album but as a single it seems to lack a hook. Whatever. I'm sure they're not out for world domination anyways.

The album's complete track listing is:

01. Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution
02. Walk Believer Walk
03. O, Josephine
04. Evergreen
05. We Who See The Deep
06. Locust Street
07. Movin' On Down The Line
08. Wounded Bird
09. God's Got It
10. There's Gold In Them Hills
11. Whoa Mule

9th January 2008 05:23 PM
Some Guy Yeah, I've had a few listens and it is weak.
9th January 2008 05:48 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
polytoxic wrote:

Sounds decent enough, but not exactly earth shattering.

The earth hasn't been shattered since 1972. Ever since it's been a question of making something interesting out of the pieces...
9th January 2008 06:18 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle The "One Night Only" dates were omitted from TTM's post.

For those interested, they are:
3/2 - Sayreville NJ - Starland Ballroom
3/4 - New York NY - The Fillmore @ Irving Plaza
3/5 - Boston MA - Somerville Theatre
3/7 - Chicago IL - Park West
3/9 - Atlanta GA - The Tabernacle
3/15 - Austin TX - Stubb's BBQ (SXSW performance)
3/19 - San Francisco CA - The Fillmore
3/20 - Los Angeles CA - Avalon
9th January 2008 06:18 PM
robpop I hope it sells well for them. Maybe they could buy some food then.
9th January 2008 07:29 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Stonesian Fox wrote:
Whoooooptie Doooo

Greatest 1st post ever!
9th January 2008 08:31 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
The "One Night Only" dates were omitted from TTM's post.

FESTIVAL CROWDS,INDEED!
THINK THE BITCH LEAD SINGER'S GETTIN PALIMONY FROM KATE HUDSON?

THE BLACK CROWES
SPONSORED BY CHRIS ROBINSON'S DIVORCE SETTLEMENT
9th January 2008 09:34 PM
gotdablouse Same old, same old, when was the last time these guys came up with a memorable tune ? Remedy in 1992 ?
9th January 2008 10:24 PM
fireontheplatter not bad not bad not bad

love the crows
9th January 2008 10:40 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
The "One Night Only" dates were omitted from TTM's post.

Thanks a lot for the information. Think I'll pick up a ticket when they come thu Atlanta (their home away from home). Any word about on sale dates??? May even give the new album a shot when it gets released.
10th January 2008 06:59 AM
padre Not bad at all! Nice slide.
10th January 2008 10:42 PM
sweetcharmedlife The Crowes suck ass. I mean I like them. But live they suck ass. I have seen them 3 times live. They have sucked twice,once they were ok. I saw them a couple of months ago in Oakland. They were awful. THey did nothing recognizable. They played a little over an hour. Never once acknowleding the audience or eveen looking at each other in the band. It was like 5 or 6 individuals on satge intead of a band.
10th January 2008 11:32 PM
time is on my side
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
The Crowes suck ass.

Thanks for the update. I've seen some really great Crowes shows over the years (then again I've also seen a few average to below average ones too). I'll take a chance and still go. From your description, it could be the Crowes are slipping and may be preoccupied with other personal issues. Sounds like they just showed up and didn't put much of an effort into the shows you attended. Sorry to hear about this. I know you must have been disappointed.

Hoping for better in the War Paint tour.

Peace to all mankind
11th January 2008 05:12 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

The earth hasn't been shattered since 1972. Ever since it's been a question of making something interesting out of the pieces...

I see your point. It's really all academic after Exile.
12th January 2008 11:24 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
I see your point. It's really all academic after Exile.

Even more, but was Exile academic, or genius?

Simple chords...

Thats the genius of it.
12th January 2008 11:19 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

Thanks for the update. I've seen some really great Crowes shows over the years (then again I've also seen a few average to below average ones too). I'll take a chance and still go. From your description, it could be the Crowes are slipping and may be preoccupied with other personal issues. Sounds like they just showed up and didn't put much of an effort into the shows you attended. Sorry to hear about this. I know you must have been disappointed.

Hoping for better in the War Paint tour.

Peace to all mankind

Fair enough.

13th January 2008 08:23 AM
Izzyboy
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Same old, same old, when was the last time these guys came up with a memorable tune ? Remedy in 1992 ?

That's what I've been asking about the Stones, only for 30 years.......
18th January 2008 05:43 AM
wisertime Amsterdam and London on sale today. I have my tickets for Amsterdam.
19th January 2008 10:48 AM
crb69 I also agree that the song lacks a hook...The last 2 times I saw them I left early...they did too many covers...lately their setlists lack the covers...IMO they just aren't the same without Marc Ford...Marc was to them waht Taylor was to the Stones...I wish them luck with the new CD though...last time they played Sayerville the place was too crowded...no aisles open at all...not my idea of fun to say the least...I will personally wait to hear some audience recordings before I pay to see them again along with the new disc. I just hope Luther Dickenson is a better lead player that Paul Stacey....although Rich is much better now!
19th January 2008 11:08 AM
TampabayStone I've seen them twice 10 plus years ago. I was not impressed, but I did not have great sound either time. Last night I watched some Filmore show (with Marc Ford) from the HD Channel. I really dug it! I had it DVR'd since August. Glad I did not delete it.. Never kept anything that long.
19th January 2008 12:23 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
crb69 wrote:
I also agree that the song lacks a hook...The last 2 times I saw them I left early...they did too many covers...lately their setlists lack the covers...IMO they just aren't the same without Marc Ford...Marc was to them waht Taylor was to the Stones...I wish them luck with the new CD though...last time they played Sayerville the place was too crowded...no aisles open at all...not my idea of fun to say the least...I will personally wait to hear some audience recordings before I pay to see them again along with the new disc. I just hope Luther Dickenson is a better lead player that Paul Stacey....although Rich is much better now!

Stacey is a fine lead player -- way more technically proficient than Ford, if not quite as passionate. I thought they sounded great with Stacey in the lineup. It was Eddie I missed.
19th January 2008 08:19 PM
crb69 The last time I heard them play (I couldn't see the band because it was too crowded @ Starland - I was in the next room)they had Paul Stacey with them...he wasn't bad but I prefer Marc's lead playing...When I caught the band in NYC back in 2005 Rich & Marc were so focused I couldn't tell who was playing the leads at first....I was just on itunes and will go back to order the North Mississippi Allstars 2007 Bonnaroo set...the samples sound great along with the reviews...sounds like the Robinson brothers picked a good lead player!
[Edited by crb69]
20th January 2008 12:53 AM
Throwaway All good points. I mean Stacey isnt like Jeff Cease; he adds a nice element, just listen to 11/03/07's "Mean Town Blues." Thing is, with a big name guitarist like LD joining, there is an exciting buzz even Ford-ites can get into. IMO the lineup shouldn't matter as much as the quality of the tunes on the new album. I'd rather hear a great album with Stacey than TBC's version of "Dirty Work" with Ford on tour with them (unless its Ford + Harwsch..).
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)