ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Robert E. Klein with thanks to GotToRollMe!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Black Crowes Release First New Album In Seven Years Return to archive Page: 1 2
22nd January 2008 11:32 AM
Make It Funky Well to all the nay-sayers.. give your heads a good shaking, because quite honestly, if you don't like any Black Crowes music, then, either you're deaf, or you dont like proper music. Period. Full-stop. There isnt any other explanation. It's not about liking different types of music, and they all have their "credibility". Hardly. That'd be like giving credibility to Kraft single cheese slices. And I mean, sure, if you're a kid, they work for you. But if you lambaste a higher quality cheese because its not pallatable to you - its your problem. If you don't the joke, then that's your issue. If you don't like the Black Crowes, then you're totally incoherent, and lack credibility yourself if you knock the Black Crowes music, delivery, ideology and presentation. Keep buyin the Britney Spears stuff people. Way to go.

Cheers
Ian
22nd January 2008 12:43 PM
yellerstang I agree, Ian. This is better than anything the Stones have done in the last 25 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgA2yWLVapA&feature=related
22nd January 2008 01:02 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
yellerstang wrote:
I agree, Ian. This is better than anything the Stones have done in the last 25 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgA2yWLVapA&feature=related

Good stuff!! I could do without the ponytails, but I know those wendy ads are a hit.

This is from the Fillmore show I saw on the HDNet channel. Only clip I could find. I like how the singing brother is more into the music than entertaining the crowd.

22nd January 2008 01:16 PM
Zack
quote:
Make It Funky wrote:
Well to all the nay-sayers.. give your heads a good shaking, because quite honestly, if you don't like any Black Crowes music, then, either you're deaf, or you dont like proper music. Period. Full-stop. There isnt any other explanation. It's not about liking different types of music, and they all have their "credibility". Hardly. That'd be like giving credibility to Kraft single cheese slices. And I mean, sure, if you're a kid, they work for you. But if you lambaste a higher quality cheese because its not pallatable to you - its your problem. If you don't the joke, then that's your issue. If you don't like the Black Crowes, then you're totally incoherent, and lack credibility yourself if you knock the Black Crowes music, delivery, ideology and presentation. Keep buyin the Britney Spears stuff people. Way to go.

Cheers
Ian

Ian, since when do you have a handle? I would have thought it might have been your social security number. And it's a good one too! Now all you need a James Brown avatar! "Whatsever I play, it's got to be funky!"

"Hunk o' cornbread! Candied yams! Turnips!"
22nd January 2008 02:46 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Zack wrote:

Ian, since when do you have a handle? I would have thought it might have been your social security number. And it's a good one too! Now all you need a James Brown avatar! "Whatsever I play, it's got to be funky!"

"Hunk o' cornbread! Candied yams! Turnips!"

Hog mog? Black eyed peas?
23rd January 2008 04:16 PM
Make It Funky I had a previous handle, but forgot it, cos I was travelling the world (chasing the Rollign Stones, and got off the net, and delved into the real world of rocknroll).

Anyways.. I love the Rolling Stones will all my might. I get a hard-on for them - but really, the Black Crowes play better Stones songs, than the Stones do.

I think the Kings of Leon are hot on the trails of the Black Crowes.. I'd enjoy a double-bill. Another tour of "brotherly love" part deux. Maybe throw the Everly Brothers on (like how Arlo Guthrie joins the Further Festivals...) you gotta keep it real man. They gotta keep it real. (Teh Stones arent real anymore. They are figments of their imagination). Fuck. I play Honky Tonk Women better than Keith Richards. But I love Keith immensely.

Hail to the Crowes.

Cheers world!
Ian

PS: IM not Saint Sway in disguise as Ian the Honky Tonk Man. Im my own man. Peace.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)