ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pepsi Center, Denver, CO - February 1, 2002
Steven R. Nickerson - Rocky Mountain News
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Finding a ticket for Denver's a bitch! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
01-23-03 02:08 PM
nankerphelge What are they passing out 20s there or something?

TM has zip!
eBay has zip!
those internet "brokers" like hack-off-a-limb-for-a-shit-seat.com are looking for big dollars!

What's a nanky to do???

01-23-03 02:21 PM
jb pAY!!!!
01-23-03 02:24 PM
nankerphelge Wouldn't bother me if they had decent seats available for those prices -- but they don't!

And I don't much feel like gambling on picking one up before the show.

Fuckin' pissing me off!

01-23-03 02:30 PM
jb You face the same problem I did for MSG 1..I had to pay a broker for not 1, but 2 great seats..cost me over 3500....I lucked out with a great single for the HBO show...I will say that the prices went about 25% down a day before the show....Check Razorgator.com, Exclusivetickets.com....
01-23-03 02:46 PM
Joey " What's a Nanky to do??? "

Do like Joey and wait until " Day of " to find a ticket .

There are a lot of people flying into Denver ticketless ..........................but all shall be " Sated "

" So it shall be written , so it shall be done Ronnie "

{{{{{{{{ J . JACKY JUMONDO }}}}}}}}}}}}

01-23-03 02:49 PM
nankerphelge Really?
Ok!
See ya there..
01-23-03 02:55 PM
gypsy I wish I could get to see the Stones in Denver...and meet you guys of course.
I'm seeing them on Tuesday in OKC. Yay!
01-23-03 03:21 PM
Joey " Really?
Ok!
See ya there "

You make Joey all giddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pre - Party is looking like it will be at the " Hard Rock Cafe " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Developing...................................

But not shiver , the weather has been great so far in Denver ........................

{{{{{{{{ JUMBO JACK A JACKY MUNDO }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
01-23-03 03:41 PM
Maxlugar You need to have a "friend" in Denver to get in.

The Red Lion is filling up fast and I'm not sure you'll be able to "belly up" to the bar at the 15th St Tavern by the time you get there.

But I'll be there!

The big question is do any of you hot skanks want to make some "no strings attached" woopy woop with me in my Swank Cuddle Cabin of a room at the Red Lion?

I'm ready.

Are any of you skanks?

Maxy!

[Edited by Maxlugar]
01-23-03 03:41 PM
Dan Dont worry about Denver. MCNicohols 99 was also sold out. I had a ticket ($90) but decided I wanted a better one. I set a top price of $40 since I figured thats all I would be able to unload my ticket for. Found one fairly easily, then tried to sell my own for $40. Couldnt do it, top offer was $20, so I ended up trading it to a, um, local "businessman" hawking some wares in the parking lot.
My guess is either parking lot or box office day of show. I am also anxious about going to Phoenix without a ticket but not really all that worried.
01-23-03 03:45 PM
Maxlugar Dan,

Did you go to the 15th St. Tavern for a pre-show "nip"?

By "nip" I mean a drink and not a Japanese fighter pilot.

That would be CRAZY!

Maxy!
01-23-03 03:47 PM
Joey " My guess is either parking lot or box office day of show. I am also anxious about going to Phoenix without a ticket but not really all that worried. "

<---- Thanks Dan . You have really eased my mind .

Mine too little pal .

Maxy , I hear Tina Jordan is coming to Denver for the show .

I hear things .......................|
|
|
V

www.TinaJordan.com

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Tasty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{ JUMBO JACKY JACK JACK A MAMBO MUMBO }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Skittles
01-23-03 04:18 PM
marko nanky go to IORR.org,buy&sell&trade section,and ask for it.
i think iorr has also ticket trade community!
01-23-03 04:28 PM
Martha
Nanks,

Keep checking with TM...tickets are certain to fall back into the system. And..my friend came all the way from Arcata, CA with no ticket drove from Ohio to the Pittsburgh show (got there around 6ish or a bit later)and bought a $300 (face value)at the box office on the floor inches away from the B stage and Charlie. He also ran into two women at the show from NY who knew where the Stones were staying and went to that hotel afterwards and met the back-up band in a lounge/bar. TM did not have any tickets until a week or so before the show...KEEP TRYING!
01-23-03 04:39 PM
nankerphelge Holy shit Martha!!

Just checked TM and got myself a ticket to Denver!

Fuck work -- I'm getting a mile high!!!!
01-23-03 05:12 PM
Joey " Fuck work -- I'm getting a mile high!!!! "

Welcome to the Party Nank !!!!!!

I will E - Mail you and please tell Keno you are coming to Denver .

Voodoo ??????????? Are you still going to the Denver Stones Gig ???????????????????? Keno says Jaxx is in !!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{ J }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
01-23-03 05:17 PM
nankerphelge Voodoo has got to go!
Got to!
And bring some of that chiba you were hawkin'!!

Don't know what you called it, but translated it was big-ass seedless mungabuds!!
01-23-03 05:26 PM
Jaxx [quote]Joey wrote:
"Keno says Jaxx is in !!!!!!

/quote]

yeah, i'm there baby. party info to follow soon...too many watering holes, so little time.....
01-23-03 05:29 PM
nankerphelge Hey Jaxxy, remember me??!!
I was at the YOTI and Giant's stadium?!
01-23-03 05:33 PM
Jaxx um, is that a trick question? maybe you don't know that you quite unforgettable.... .

fyim me keno and ladybear are working on the rocksoff in gasland summit. rumour has it y'all want to party on the 16th street mall. i think a friday night party is in order as well as a preshow summit. what do y'all think?
01-23-03 05:55 PM
Joey " fyim me keno and ladybear are working on the rocksoff in gasland summit. rumour has it y'all want to party on the 16th street mall. i think a friday night party is in order as well as a preshow summit. what do y'all think? "

How about a " Pre - Show " and a " Post Show " Summit at the " Hard Rock Cafe " ?????????????????????????

Right There on the 16th Street Mall .

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Developing ....................

{{{{{{{{{{ JACKY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
01-23-03 06:12 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Joey wrote:
"
How about a " Pre - Show " and a " Post Show " Summit at the " Hard Rock Cafe " ?????????????????????????

Right There on the 16th Street Mall .

yes that place is under consideration as well as the paramount cafe, duffy's irish pub and a microbrew pub called rock bottom brewery...all of which are located on the 16th street mall. shit, we could pub crawl it if we want. let me know!

the 16th street mall might be too far from the pepsi center for a preshow summit, but it is worth considering if this is what the majority rules. there is a bar in the pepsi center parking lot called brooklyns, however, pre anything at the pepsi center, that place is a zoo.
01-23-03 08:03 PM
scope Damn, I never should have started reading this thread. Now I know how everyone else felt when we were planning the YOTI parties.
Excuse me while I check the calendar and airline schedules
01-23-03 08:06 PM
nankerphelge ....MUST GO TO DENVER....
01-23-03 09:35 PM
Joey " Damn, I never should have started reading this thread. Now I know how everyone else felt when we were planning the YOTI parties.
Excuse me while I check the calendar and airline schedules "

Scopey ????????????? Are you really serious ???????????????????????? Man , that would be so cool .....................I would gladly buy you a drink ( Guinness ) at Duffy's ......or at the Rock Bottom ( That place is huge ) or at Breckenridge ( Sic ) ...wait , no , that place is too far from the Pepsi Center .

Developing .......................

And now , in honor of his Minty Freshness's decision to " Come to Denver " ......................THIS :

{{{{{{{{{{{{ J , JACKY , JACK FLY , JACKIMBO , MAMBO , JACKY LOVES MAMBO , DADDY LOVES BIMBOS , MOMMY SAYS ' OH NO ' , I's GOTTA GO ---- Late to the Bar }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

01-24-03 12:22 AM
Dan Kinda bummed I cant do Denver this time so I am consoling myself with Phoenix, San Jose, LA and Vegas.
01-24-03 07:48 AM
Maxlugar Scope will be with me and Nanky at the 15th St. Tavern!

Lay off Joey!
01-24-03 10:55 AM
sirmoonie Nanky, are you really going?

Scopey too?

Hmmmmm...........
01-24-03 11:22 AM
nankerphelge I am really going -- I gots my ticket and my flight squared!

MUST GO TO DENVER moonie!!
01-24-03 11:32 AM
Martha
Oh Yay! I KNEW tickets would appear at Txbastard! Seen that happen a lot the past year. I'm SO happy for you Nanky!!!!!

Wish I could be out there with everyone....I will be...in spirit.
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST