ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

International Ampitheatre, Chicago - June 20, 1972 1st Show
Unknown author with special thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I just LOVE this country!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 20th, 2005 01:59 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I mean c'mon he's playing to a group of pre-teens attending the event with their parents to see the headliner-Hillary Duff for god's sake!<

What the hell are pre-teens doing at an inagural event? Besides getting indoctrinated into the cause...The Bush Youth. And, of course, I'm sure that was the very first time anyone in that hall had ever heard anyone say "fuckin'"....including the little no-pubes.

Besides, having to open for a talentless piece of jailbait like Hillary Duff would be enough to make ANYONE drop an F bomb or ten. Just when you think you made it big....

And I'm not really kidding when I say that "fuck" is a part of everyday dialogue in Pennsylvania. Do you know how many times I hear stuff at work like "I think my husband is having a fuckin heart attack!", or Help, my fuckin house is fuckin on fire!". Not really appropriate times to be dropping f-bombs, but it gets done none the less.

I mean, that Scallions guy is a fuckwit, but I still think it's funny.
January 20th, 2005 02:00 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Joey has access to a smelly ass...and takes pride in it...................................................

jb thank you for your support of George W. Bush
over the last several years. He couldn't have achieved this second term without you and your unwavering support.

It is official and I wanted to give you my thanks
for your continued efforts against terrorism and those
that want to take away our way off life, our Stones bootleg collections, and our outstanding legal system which allows us to redistribute wealth/assets based on court rulings

Our work is done
January 20th, 2005 02:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
telecaster wrote:

jb thank you for your support of George W. Bush
over the last several years. He couldn't have achieved this second term without you and your unwavering support.

It is official and I wanted to give you my thanks
for your continued efforts against terrorism and those
that want to take away our way off life, our Stones bootleg collections, and our outstanding legal system which allows us to redistribute wealth/assets based on court rulings

Our work is done

Excellent Post!
January 20th, 2005 02:02 PM
jb Tele...spend a lovely weekend at the Mandarin Oriental and I shall take you to a heat game and dinner.
January 20th, 2005 02:08 PM
voodoopug you need to fly to Chicago
January 20th, 2005 02:28 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
What the hell are pre-teens doing at an inagural event? Besides getting indoctrinated into the cause...The Bush Youth. And, of course, I'm sure that was the very first time anyone in that hall had ever heard anyone say "fuckin'"....including the little no-pubes.

How many "f-bombs" were dropped at Clinton's inaugural celebrations ?

I don't recall hearing of any.

This whole things overblown and retarted, not even worth discussing, some clown said "fuck" in front of the Bush twins, whose father, a fan himself, aquired tickets for them to attend a Rolling Stones concert a few years back, so uptight and backwards they be, plz

Ohh yeah! F-bomb the twins! Whoo hooo!! Power to the people! Down with the man! Down with the man!

and "Bush youth" ?

You mean youth who grow up supported by loving parents, who teach them the value of hard work, earn confidence in themselves not mention pride, and end up being succeful in life ?

Ha!

Lord forbid, how horrible, such wasted youth....

[Edited by Bloozehound]
January 20th, 2005 02:29 PM
jb Amen Bloozehound______________________________---------___________________________________>
January 20th, 2005 02:48 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>I mean c'mon he's playing to a group of pre-teens attending the event with their parents to see the headliner-Hillary Duff for god's sake!<

Well I guess that's one way to look at it SS. I personaly took great pride in showing my "little no-pupes" the sights of Wasington DC a few months ago. I had very real sense of pride when my kids read aloud the Gettysburg Address engraved on the Lincoln Memorial. They themselves felt a certain amount of civic pride in standing on the very spot where Martin Luther King delivered his "I Have A Dream" speech. It was good to see from my own kids and really made me proud to be an American and a parent. I guess that just doesn't make sense to some people these days. Kids go to inaugeral events(and have done so for years) to see the process of democracy in action and to learn what America and the presidency is all about.

The fact that some feel that saying "fuck" is just as natural as saying hello is a bit weird to me as a parent. I sure as hell don't say it around my kids. As a forty something year old it does not offend my ears in the least,but as a parent I will strongly shout down anyone who insist on screaming it in front of my kids just to look cool. If I choose to take my kids to a family friendly event like a Hillary Duff concert I should not be expected to put up with that crap anymore than I should accept a hardcore lesbian analingus scene to break out in the middle of Bambi!

Are people overreacting to it? Hell yes,but the guy is a tool that has absolutly no class if he can not determine the time and place for saying it in the first place. How many "fucks" did Mick shout at the SARS show?

I guess conservatives are just too damned judgmental. Liberals have no problem screaming FUCK for all to hear and get offended when idiot parents like me dare challenge them on it! Guess what? I take my kids to church too! I'm crazy like that I tells ya!

Riffhard
January 20th, 2005 02:52 PM
jb My kids also enjoyed Washington as we got about 8 fake NBA Jerseys from street peddlers for 15 dollars a piece!!!
January 20th, 2005 02:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
My kids also enjoyed Washington as we got about 8 fake NBA Jerseys from street peddlers for 15 dollars a piece!!!

what a bargain, do they come in xxl?
January 20th, 2005 03:00 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

what a bargain, do they come in xxl?

yes.xxxl
January 20th, 2005 03:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
yes.xxxl

as an olive branch if you may...i would like you to pick me up one. In exchange, i could attempt to arrange a sit down between you and your detractors.
January 20th, 2005 03:08 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

as an olive branch if you may...i would like you to pick me up one. In exchange, i could attempt to arrange a sit down between you and your detractors.

Next time in Washington I'll pick you up a Alonzo Spellman Jersey!!! Maybe even a Jeff George!!!
January 20th, 2005 03:10 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Next time in Washington I'll pick you up a Alonzo Spellman Jersey!!! Maybe even a Jeff George!!!

i make a peace offering to you and you threaten me with this?
January 20th, 2005 03:14 PM
jb What happened to Chris Zorich?
January 20th, 2005 03:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
What happened to Chris Zorich?

he is studying holistic healing with Ricky WIlliams
January 20th, 2005 04:46 PM
glencar Did Hilly get in trouble for getting caught in an audio feed saying something like, "Dammit! We just screwed all these people!" It was in re to some ticketed people getting closed out of some event or another.
January 20th, 2005 04:48 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Did Hilly get in trouble for getting caught in an audio feed saying something like, "Dammit! We just screwed all these people!" It was in re to some ticketed people getting closed out of some event or another.

January 20th, 2005 06:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot Riffy...

There's a big difference between taking your kids to see the sights in DC, and taking them to a huge corporate sponsored political party rahrah fest. I think every kid should see the monuments, the Capitol, The White House, The Treasury, the Archives...all of it. I also think they need to see the historic sights in Philly. I mean, I get chills every time I lay eyes on the Liberty Bell. But I don't see a need for little kids to be subjected to political propaganda in the guise of a fucking pop concert. And I'd feel the same way if the other fucknut had won.

I say "fuck" around my kid all the time. He knows he's not allowed to say it yet. You know, do as I say, not as I do. It's just a word...and I think it's hilarious that people are getting their panties in a fuckin twist about it.

January 20th, 2005 06:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I say "fuck" around my kid all the time. He knows he's not allowed to say it yet. You know, do as I say, not as I do. It's just a word...and I think it's hilarious that people are getting their panties in a fuckin twist about it.

It's not that fuck is a bad word, it's that fuck represents the the unknown....freedom. So it scares people. Humans normally don't like to be free or responsible.
January 20th, 2005 07:42 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

It's not that fuck is a bad word, it's that fuck represents the the unknown....freedom. So it scares people. Humans normally don't like to be free or responsible.

***********************BLANK STARE**************************

Riffhard
January 20th, 2005 07:49 PM
corgi37 I fucking love to say fuck. It's my fave word. Along with "Stiffie". I swear so much more since i met my skank of a wife, because believe me, she swears like a "East River Trucker" (@When the whip comes down).

I love saying "Wanna fuck?", and she says "Fuck off". I mean, thats repartee, that is.

I dont swear in front of my mummy, because she's my mummy. Unless i get really angry about something. I swear in front of my step kids (12 this Sunday), but you better believe they cant swear to me. They say bloody and bugger and even bastard, which i pull them up on, but i dont really care. I'm just trying to impress people with my parenting skills. My step son calls his sister a fat moll all the time. I say "Cut that fucking shit out, fucker!", then try to hide my smile because i think its pretty fucking funny to see a kid call his sister a fat moll. THen she retaliates by saying "bed wetting bastard!", which really cracks me up and i have to leave the fucking room.

Of course, i simply have to watch my language around my babies. My daughter said fuck not long ago, but only once and not since. I freaked when she did. I mean, my mummy would fucking kill me if she her her grand daughter say that. I mean, her 2 1/2 year old grand daughter.

So i watch my fucking "P's & Q's" around the babies. Unless they make me sad by pouring milk over the t.v., or mashing banana into our Persian rug, or the remotes are placed in the corn flakes bowl, and stirred around with the milk. Then it freak out. I dont mind the crayon, pen, pencil, texta and paint on the walls, as we are going to get the lounge painted after the babies fucking grow up.

As i work for the pigs, every 2nd word at work is fuck. Sometimes, every word is fuck! Like "Fucking fuck"!

P.S.
Trust me on this. Coppers hate you. Hell, they hate me. They only like those in the Brotherhood. Everyone else is a "shithead". My advice? Teach you kids to hate cops. Have them say "Hey, there goes a fucking pig".

They'll go far with that!
January 20th, 2005 08:03 PM
Riffhard
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I fucking love to say fuck. It's my fave word. Along with "Stiffie". I swear so much more since i met my skank of a wife, because believe me, she swears like a "East River Trucker" (@When the whip comes down).

I love saying "Wanna fuck?", and she says "Fuck off". I mean, thats repartee, that is.

I dont swear in front of my mummy, because she's my mummy. Unless i get really angry about something. I swear in front of my step kids (12 this Sunday), but you better believe they cant swear to me. They say bloody and bugger and even bastard, which i pull them up on, but i dont really care. I'm just trying to impress people with my parenting skills. My step son calls his sister a fat moll all the time. I say "Cut that fucking shit out, fucker!", then try to hide my smile because i think its pretty fucking funny to see a kid call his sister a fat moll. THen she retaliates by saying "bed wetting bastard!", which really cracks me up and i have to leave the fucking room.

Of course, i simply have to watch my language around my babies. My daughter said fuck not long ago, but only once and not since. I freaked when she did. I mean, my mummy would fucking kill me if she her her grand daughter say that. I mean, her 2 1/2 year old grand daughter.

So i watch my fucking "P's & Q's" around the babies. Unless they make me sad by pouring milk over the t.v., or mashing banana into our Persian rug, or the remotes are placed in the corn flakes bowl, and stirred around with the milk. Then it freak out. I dont mind the crayon, pen, pencil, texta and paint on the walls, as we are going to get the lounge painted after the babies fucking grow up.

As i work for the pigs, every 2nd word at work is fuck. Sometimes, every word is fuck! Like "Fucking fuck"!

P.S.
Trust me on this. Coppers hate you. Hell, they hate me. They only like those in the Brotherhood. Everyone else is a "shithead". My advice? Teach you kids to hate cops. Have them say "Hey, there goes a fucking pig".

They'll go far with that!

Now that,my friends,is some brilliant fucking posting right there! Holy shit that's funny corgi!

" I love saying "Wanna fuck?", and she says "Fuck off". I mean, thats repartee, that is."

I love that bit! Great stuff!

Tonight I hoist many pints of Guinness in your fucking honor corgi! Cheers mate!

Riffhard
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood