ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

International Ampitheatre, Chicago - June 20, 1972 1st Show
Unknown author with special thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I just LOVE this country!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 19th, 2005 03:28 PM
parmeda FUEL'S F-BOMB FIASCO
Wed Jan 19,10:35 AM ET Entertainment - E! Online

By Charlie Amter

Who needs Kid Rock when you've got Brett Scallions fueling an F-bomb controversy at an inaugural event hosted by first twins Jenna and Barbara Bush?

Scallions, lead singer and guitarist for rock band Fuel, stuck his foot squarely in his mouth Tuesday at the America's Future Rocks Today show, part of the week's ongoing inauguration festivities.

"Welcome to the greatest f---ing country in the world!" the Something Like Human singer shouted during the hard-rocking Pennsylvania alt-rock quartet's set.

While his heart may have been in the right place, his brain definitely wasn't. But quickly realizing his folly in front of the conservative crowd, he apologized for his Vince Neil-like outburst, saying, "Excuse my language."

Luckily for Scallions, President Bush (news - web sites) had not yet arrived at the youth concert, although thousands of prepubescent girls, their moms and church groups were there to see such acts as Hilary Duff, JoJo and American Idol champ Ruben Studdard sing and extol the virtues of volunteer work.

The event, already mired in controversy after Kid Rock was 86'd from the bill, otherwise went off without a hitch.

Ironically, the raunchy rapper-rocker was initially supposed to be part of the festivities, but then the Campaign for Children of Families and the American Family Association launched an email campaign urging Republican faithful to protest Rock's inclusion due to his R-rated content and expletive-happy lyrics. When the final lineup was announced last week, the Kid was MIA, but Fuel managed to get by the culture czars.

Officials estimate that around 10,000 fans attended the gig, which also featured the likes of crowd favorite Ryan Cabrera and 3 Doors Down.

But it was Duff that got President Bush's vote for best GOP-friendly artist.

"How about Hilary Duff; wasn't she fantastic?" the President asked the crowd at the half-empty D.C Armory early Wednesday before heading out to other inaugural events.

No word on how the commander in chief felt about Scallions' unfettered zeal for his country.

The concert was not televised, which means Scallions' F-bomb won't be under scrutiny from the FCC.

The new year is already turning into a banner one for the best known four-letter curse word.

Mtley Cre singer Vince Neil was unable to curb his famously foul mouth on New Year's Eve, when he told bandmate Tommy Lee, "Happy f---ing New Year" live on NBC.

That incident is still under investigation by the FCC.
January 19th, 2005 03:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:
FUEL'S F-BOMB FIASCO
Wed Jan 19,10:35 AM ET Entertainment - E! Online

By Charlie Amter

Who needs Kid Rock when you've got Brett Scallions fueling an F-bomb controversy at an inaugural event hosted by first twins Jenna and Barbara Bush?

Scallions, lead singer and guitarist for rock band Fuel, stuck his foot squarely in his mouth Tuesday at the America's Future Rocks Today show, part of the week's ongoing inauguration festivities.

"Welcome to the greatest f---ing country in the world!" the Something Like Human singer shouted during the hard-rocking Pennsylvania alt-rock quartet's set.

While his heart may have been in the right place, his brain definitely wasn't. But quickly realizing his folly in front of the conservative crowd, he apologized for his Vince Neil-like outburst, saying, "Excuse my language."

Luckily for Scallions, President Bush (news - web sites) had not yet arrived at the youth concert, although thousands of prepubescent girls, their moms and church groups were there to see such acts as Hilary Duff, JoJo and American Idol champ Ruben Studdard sing and extol the virtues of volunteer work.

The event, already mired in controversy after Kid Rock was 86'd from the bill, otherwise went off without a hitch.

Ironically, the raunchy rapper-rocker was initially supposed to be part of the festivities, but then the Campaign for Children of Families and the American Family Association launched an email campaign urging Republican faithful to protest Rock's inclusion due to his R-rated content and expletive-happy lyrics. When the final lineup was announced last week, the Kid was MIA, but Fuel managed to get by the culture czars.

Officials estimate that around 10,000 fans attended the gig, which also featured the likes of crowd favorite Ryan Cabrera and 3 Doors Down.

But it was Duff that got President Bush's vote for best GOP-friendly artist.

"How about Hilary Duff; wasn't she fantastic?" the President asked the crowd at the half-empty D.C Armory early Wednesday before heading out to other inaugural events.

No word on how the commander in chief felt about Scallions' unfettered zeal for his country.

The concert was not televised, which means Scallions' F-bomb won't be under scrutiny from the FCC.

The new year is already turning into a banner one for the best known four-letter curse word.

Mtley Cre singer Vince Neil was unable to curb his famously foul mouth on New Year's Eve, when he told bandmate Tommy Lee, "Happy f---ing New Year" live on NBC.

That incident is still under investigation by the FCC.

what in the world could they be investigating....did he say it or not and is there a fine to be levied or not....good to see our money being put to good use!
January 19th, 2005 04:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ha ha!

Fuel is from Harrisburg. I can't stand them, but I'm really glad he said it. It's sooooooo FUCKIN' funny!

Besides in PA, "fuck" is part of our everyday language. Even the Amish say it.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
January 19th, 2005 04:33 PM
telecaster
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Ha ha!

Fuel is from Harrisburg. I can't stand them, but I'm really glad he said it. Can you just imagine the FCC fining a Bush Twins Inagural party! It's sooooooo FUCKIN' funny!

Besides in PA, "fuck" is part of our everyday language. Even the Amish say it.

Fornication Under Consent of the King

That is where is came from folks
January 19th, 2005 04:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
telecaster wrote:

we were completely lied to by our Van Halen album titles then!
January 19th, 2005 04:55 PM
Riffhard While I am by no means offened by the word FUCK I can certainly understand why this stunt by that idiot Brett Scallions would raise eyebrows. I mean c'mon he's playing to a group of pre-teens attending the event with their parents to see the headliner-Hillary Duff for god's sake! I mean what kind of an idiot would not see the F bomb in this enviroment to be totally out of place. The guy is a pompass ass. Some think that people over react to this kind of crap,but if I'm attending this event with my 7 and 8 year old daughters I would have wanted to strangle the bastard. Reminds me of the old adage,"There's a time and place....this event was niether the time nor the place. It dosen't strike me as cool just to say Fuck for the fuck of it. I guess Brett feels that it gives him street cred? Yeah,whatever dumbass!

Riffhard
January 19th, 2005 04:59 PM
voodoopug just like in "Old School" all he had to do was say "earmuffs"
January 19th, 2005 05:44 PM
BILL PERKS ALL REPUBLICANS ARE FUCKING WANKERS..CEPT JENNA BUSH.SHE'S DELICIOUS
January 19th, 2005 09:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels This is fucking funny.

http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/history.htm

(the thing seems to be loaded before it says it is, so don't lose patience)
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
January 19th, 2005 09:31 PM
corgi37 I hate conservatives, of any nation. Yours, theirs, ours. I fucking hate them all. Always worried about other people's lives. Always intruding. Always making rules.

And always the 1st to break them.

Ollie North
Rush Limbaugh
Jim Bakker
Richard Nixon
That FBI guy - Hoover? Fuck, i have a blank on his name! The one who took it all the way. You know. Him. That guy.

And Old Georgie boy himself. The booze and cocaine fiend. The guy who missed Nam, went into the Texan air rangers commie killers squad(or whatever) but never actually managed to turn up! And, all the records are "missing". But, then again, in the official Bush library, and other Government records offices, alot of the Bush family documents are missing. Hmmmmmm.

And conservatives are always concerned with sex, drugs and rock and roll.

Still!

We got the Australian Family Association here. Run by some Canadian imported geek. You know the type. Glasses, beard, bad suit. Against absolutely everything, except 1960's Disney shows.

A supporter of them, and also extreme anti abortion crusader, runs the Endeavour Foundation. They have links to the U.S. anti abortion crowd. This chick, rich as all shit, living in THE BEST suburb here, and married to a Barrister (or he may even be a Queens COunsel now) simply writes to the papers every frigging day whining about everything. Underwear ads are too risque, why do they have to show underwear? Bikinis are too small, what ever happened to beach inspectors?

That sort of thing. They want us all to go "Back to the Future" of the 50's. And, they are winning too! Our Prime Minister got re-elected on the back of massive support from the new upsurgance of what we call the Evangalical Right. Some of these "congregations" have church services for 10,000 people! They all banded together, put forward candidates for the Family First party, and now the blinds are going to be drawn once again.

Mind you, we Aussies pretty much ignore all these wankers. I just read how a tough new smoking ban was introduced in Italy. No smoking virtually anywhere. The Government announced really tough fines and punishments.

The public, and the bar/restaurant owners basically said "Fuck you, Jack" (or maybe, Fuck you Mario) and ignored the bans. Fine us they said. Fine the thousands of us. The ban has now been "temporarily" suspended.

What the hell am i talking about?
January 19th, 2005 10:15 PM
parmeda SS...in your honor, I am pulling out the Atomic F-Bombs you sent me. They shall be played loudly in my car on the way to work tomorrow. The windows shall be in a downward position (briefly...it's colder than fucking hell here!).

Rally the troops...I may need bond money
[Edited by parmeda]
January 19th, 2005 10:28 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
parmeda wrote:

yawn
January 20th, 2005 05:29 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Tele......

I once heard that.....but still can't believe.
January 20th, 2005 09:43 AM
Madafaka
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Tele......
I once heard that.....but still can't believe.

Yeah, I've heard that too.
January 20th, 2005 09:45 AM
jb Amen Corgi------------------------------------->
January 20th, 2005 10:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
telecaster wrote:

first i've heard of it, I have to admit.

I always understood it was "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" as a sort of legal/police acronym for a sex crime
January 20th, 2005 10:53 AM
jb Yet in Spain. thousands of Jews killed for no reason!!!
January 20th, 2005 11:06 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

first i've heard of it, I have to admit.

I always understood it was "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" as a sort of legal/police acronym for a sex crime

Or simply a good old saxon/germanic term meaning to copulate, according to dictionnaries.

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=fuck&x=0&y=0
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fuck
January 20th, 2005 11:15 AM
jb see chick-fil-a post
January 20th, 2005 11:30 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
see chick-fil-a post

Thanks jb!
January 20th, 2005 11:32 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Thanks jb!

I enjoy the wedge fries and processed chicken sandwich very much....I also enjoy those cinamon pretzels they sell in the mall.....very good, but sticks to the fingers...I am looking for a 4-5 kt ring for the wife...shall go to jewelry exchange this wekend and cut a deal..they want 60, I'll offer 30k cash!!!!!!!!!!!
January 20th, 2005 01:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I enjoy the wedge fries and processed chicken sandwich very much....I also enjoy those cinamon pretzels they sell in the mall.....very good, but sticks to the fingers...I am looking for a 4-5 kt ring for the wife...shall go to jewelry exchange this wekend and cut a deal..they want 60, I'll offer 30k cash!!!!!!!!!!!

I just upgraded my wife's ring there as well, fair prices, good quality, and if you are good, you can really squeeze them down in price.

The wedge fries are not good, I am surprised to say that you have made an incorrect observation, they are of poor quality....although the humid air of Boca may have inhibited your taste buds, so i will give you a pass.
January 20th, 2005 01:28 PM
jb You are correct, they are never very hot.....but the kids like them, although the best fries are from the Potato Sack........the jewish hot dog still tops them all....
January 20th, 2005 01:31 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
You are correct, they are never very hot.....but the kids like them, although the best fries are from the Potato Sack........the jewish hot dog still tops them all....

The Jewish weiner is surely a treat! For future reference, please add White Castle to your list of chicago quality foods, along with brick oven pizza (I recommend Aurellios) and Chicago Hot Dogs (not Portillos though, it is overrated, try a small place such as Mickeys where customers return based on food quality not crappy marketing schemes)
January 20th, 2005 01:33 PM
jb Sadly, nitrites in hot dogs and other meat products have been linked with stomach cancer
January 20th, 2005 01:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Sadly, nitrites in hot dogs and other meat products have been linked with stomach cancer

Sad indeed, i recommend switching to White Castles which has been linked to explosive diarrhea when combined with a full night of Old Style.
January 20th, 2005 01:39 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sad indeed, i recommend switching to White Castles which has been linked to explosive diarrhea when combined with a full night of Old Style.

See Joey-------------------------------->developing!
January 20th, 2005 01:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
See Joey-------------------------------->developing!

Does he have access to White Castles? and not the crappy frozen kind
January 20th, 2005 01:46 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Does he have access to White Castles? and not the crappy frozen kind

Joey has access to a smelly ass...and takes pride in it...................................................
January 20th, 2005 01:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Joey has access to a smelly ass...and takes pride in it...................................................

One should be proud of all their accomplishments, big and small, yet still strive for improvement
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood