ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1975 Lynn Goldsmith
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who's Been Sleeping Here? Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st January 2007 10:43 AM
Fiji Joe Fantastic song...Underrated IMO...Has this one ever been played live?
21st January 2007 12:17 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Has this one ever been played live?

No
21st January 2007 12:30 PM
Soldatti Great lyrics here, very "Dylan".
21st January 2007 05:23 PM
Brian Jones Girl Alot of Stones songs from the Brian Jones era are underrated/forgotten.
21st January 2007 05:25 PM
Brian Jones Girl WHO'S BEEN SLEEPING HERE
(Jagger/Richards)

What you say girl, you see what is wrong
You, must be joking, you was led alone
But the butler the baker, the laughing cavalier
Will tell me now, who's been sleeping here

I want to know

Tell me baby, who's been sleeping here

What you say girl, who'd you see that night
I was doing, doing something right
Oh the soldier, the sailor then there's the three muskateers
They'll now tell me now, who's been sleeping here

Did I ever tell you I want to know
Hey baby, who's been sleeping here

Don't you look like, like a goldilocks
There must be somewhere, somewhere you can stop
Yes there's the noseless old newsboy the old british brigadier
But you'll tell me now, who's been sleeping here

Who's been eating, eating off my plate
Who will tell me, who'll investigate
There's the seargeants the soldiers the cruel old grenadiers
But they'll tell me, now, who's been sleeping here

Cause I want to know who's been sleeping right here
Was it your mummy, your daddy, who's been sleeping here
Was it your auntie, your uncle, who's been sleeping here
Was it your boyfriend, your girlfriend, who's been sleeping here?
21st January 2007 06:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
Brian Jones Girl wrote:
Alot of Stones songs from the Brian Jones era are underrated/forgotten.

...especially by their lead singer
21st January 2007 07:38 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves great tune!
21st January 2007 07:55 PM
Honky Tonk Man It's a very good song and one of many extreemly underapreciated Stones tunes. Jagger hates Between The Buttons for some bizzare reason.
21st January 2007 09:25 PM
Zambero This is the most Dylanesque Stones song ever, and not half bad either. But think about it -- it took the efforts of 3 Stones to ape 1 Dylan: Mick singing, Keith on acoustic, and Brian on harmonica. The Bob could do it all on his own.
21st January 2007 10:17 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Zambero wrote:
This is the most Dylanesque Stones song ever, and not half bad either. But think about it -- it took the efforts of 3 Stones to ape 1 Dylan: Mick singing, Keith on acoustic, and Brian on harmonica. The Bob could do it all on his own.

Fair enough...but Dylan couldn't "ape" Brown Sugar if his life depended on it

And one would have to be a damn fool to pay to see Dylan prance around in football pants

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
21st January 2007 10:32 PM
Zack Must be the only rock song ever to interpolate Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
21st January 2007 11:12 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Fair enough...but Dylan couldn't "ape" Brown Sugar if his life depended on it

And one would have to be a damn fool to pay to see Dylan prance around in football pants

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

True, Mick has a lock on the football pants. Can't imagine anyone gettin' away with that quite like he did.
22nd January 2007 02:24 AM
Brainbell Jangler One of my favorite tunes on perhaps the most underrated Stones album. Except for politics, Fiji, I think we agree on many things.
22nd January 2007 04:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

True, Mick has a lock on the football pants. Can't imagine anyone gettin' away with that quite like he did.

Whether he 'got away' with it and whether anyone actually specifically 'paid' to see him 'prance around' in them is a matter of conjecture.
[Edited by Gazza]
22nd January 2007 06:42 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Whether he 'got away' with it and whether anyone actually specifically 'paid' to see him 'prance around' in them is a matter of conjecture.
[Edited by Gazza]

i have just found out that most of the 81-82 shows were day gigs - thats the way they should do it this summer, all day events for everyone to mark the end of their live career. I'm sure Hampton was an indoor night gig though, so Jagger himself needs to get his facts right in 'According To The Rolling Stones'
22nd January 2007 06:49 AM
Gazza Hampton was indoors however. I'd imagine most of those indoor shows were in the evening.

Dont really see the point in making thousands of people take a day off work for an already expensive show which could just as easily take place in the evening. There's nothing to be gained in staging it during the day for anyone concerned - plus a rock concert LOOKS better at night anyway.

[Edited by Gazza]
22nd January 2007 10:10 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
One of my favorite tunes on perhaps the most underrated Stones album. Except for politics, Fiji, I think we agree on many things.

I'm not sure our politics are that different...most people want the same things...they just disagree with the methods of accomplishing those things
22nd January 2007 11:03 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Hampton was indoors however. I'd imagine most of those indoor shows were in the evening.

Dont really see the point in making thousands of people take a day off work for an already expensive show which could just as easily take place in the evening. There's nothing to be gained in staging it during the day for anyone concerned - plus a rock concert LOOKS better at night anyway.

[Edited by Gazza]

I dunno, look at the stage for the 81-82 Tour, great concept and colours
22nd January 2007 11:11 AM
Gazza It was, although I specifically meant the lighting. I cant see the logic in having that show in daylight, myself.

Its an amazing barometer of their drawing power back then that they could stage shows in the afternoon on weekdays in the autumn or winter in stadiums that held up to 90,000 people, and in an era where the video screens werent widely used - and STILL sell them out instantly.

[Edited by Gazza]
22nd January 2007 01:12 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
It's a very good song and one of many extreemly underapreciated Stones tunes. Jagger hates Between The Buttons for some bizzare reason.

Does he "hate" it - or was he just disappointed with how the end product sounded? (Overdubbed to death, was his verdict, if I recall the '95 Rolling Stone interview correctly.)
22nd January 2007 01:28 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It was, although I specifically meant the lighting. I cant see the logic in having that show in daylight, myself.

Its an amazing barometer of their drawing power back then that they could stage shows in the afternoon on weekdays in the autumn or winter in stadiums that held up to 90,000 people, and in an era where the video screens werent widely used - and STILL sell them out instantly.

[Edited by Gazza]

indeed!

but then again, at that time they had been relatively consistent - bar ER and Black&Blue maybe and had just released a belter of an album
22nd January 2007 02:12 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It was, although I specifically meant the lighting. I cant see the logic in having that show in daylight, myself.

I thought it was great...very festive...but you're right, it would be hard to do today...especially given the ticket prices...but I would love to spend a spring day soaking up the suds and the stones...regardless of the day of the week
22nd January 2007 02:17 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

[Edited by Gazza]

I'd pay to see him prance around in football pants any day of the week...but that's just me...ya know...conjecturing.
22nd January 2007 02:25 PM
Starbuck between the buttons....i just don't love it...don't hate it, but they have done better. i'd take TSMR over it anyday of the week.
22nd January 2007 02:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I'd pay to see him prance around in football pants any day of the week...but that's just me...ya know...conjecturing.

I'm with you, GTRM!! He can wear anything he wants. I'd pay to see him strut his stuff day or night!!
22nd January 2007 08:15 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I'm not sure our politics are that different...most people want the same things...they just disagree with the methods of accomplishing those things

Correct, but I think politics is more about means than ends.
22nd January 2007 08:16 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
between the buttons....i just don't love it...don't hate it, but they have done better. i'd take TSMR over it anyday of the week.

Like I said: Underrated.
22nd January 2007 09:05 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Does he "hate" it - or was he just disappointed with how the end product sounded? (Overdubbed to death, was his verdict, if I recall the '95 Rolling Stone interview correctly.)

He may have hated the end result,but my bet is that the album is avoided for two more reasons. Firstly because the songs on it are largely unknown by today's audience. With the exception of LSTNT and RT there's no other recognizable tune. They did play Connection a couple of times on this last tour though.

Another reason that I think BTB gets short changed is because the tunes are really dated. While we may love to hear songs like Miss Amanda Jones,Cool,Calm,Collected,and She Smiled Sweetly they are certainly a product of thier time. Those songs sound much more dated then the average warhorse song. Gimme Shelter,JJF,HTW will always sound relativly fresh. Where as most of the songs on BTB harken directly back to the era in which they were released. I mean could imagine Yesterday's Papers in a stadium enviroment in the year 2007?! Or Complicated even?

Riffy
23rd January 2007 05:53 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Poor man wanna be rich
Rich wanna be king
And a king ain't satisfied
Till he rules everything
23rd January 2007 05:55 AM
Ronnie Richards Between the Buttons = What the Beatles would have sounded like if Jagger was their lead singer..
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)