ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1975 Lynn Goldsmith
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who's Been Sleeping Here? Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd January 2007 07:20 AM
Zack
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:
Between the Buttons = What the Beatles would have sounded like if Jagger was their lead singer..

Sounds more like the Kinks
23rd January 2007 07:50 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Zack wrote:

Sounds more like the Kinks

I agree with you there. The Kinks were always a very English band in terms of their sound and actual song themes and they were especially around the 66-67 period. Between The Buttons was the Stones stab at it. They succeded, but as Riffhard pointed out, as a result of it, its dated quite a bit.
23rd January 2007 11:01 AM
glencar Still lotsa fun.
23rd January 2007 12:33 PM
Fiji Joe Reading a review, I saw the following about Between the buttons:

Tracks recorded at the Aug RCA sessions but never released were:
.....Panama Powder Room
.....Godzi
.....Get Yourself Together
.....Something BB
.....Trouble In Mind
.....English Summer

I've heard none of these except Get Yourelf Together..anyone know where I can get these?...or were they included on boots under different names?
23rd January 2007 12:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Reading a review, I saw the following about Between the buttons:

.....Panama Powder Room
.....Godzi
.....Get Yourself Together
.....Something BB
.....Trouble In Mind
.....English Summer

I've heard none of these except Get Yourelf Together..anyone know where I can get these?...or were they included on boots under different names?

I'd need to check but a couple of them (English Summer I think was one) popped up on the 8-Cd 'Satanic Sessions' boxed set a few years ago.

Get Yourself Together (aka 'Cant believe') has been on numerous boots and is one of their better unreleased songs

'Something BB' is actually known as 'Something Brigitte Bardot'

'Panama Powder room' was AFAIK shortlisted for the 10-song compilation of outtakes called "The Black Box" that Wyman assembled in 1974 but which was ditched in favour of 'Metamorphosis'. A good friend of mine, who occasionally posts here and who has one of the greatest Stones colelctions in the universe, bought the 'Black Box' acetate when it came up at Sothebys several years ago but understandably it has never circulated. And before anyone asks, no - I've never heard it!

'Trouble in mind' is the famous blues cover. They cut a loose instrumental version of it with Brian playing what sounds like a paper & comb (although I've seen it listed as 'kazoo'). It got into circulation when Chris Jagger appeared as a guest on a radio show on Radio London in 1985 playing some of his fave blues songs and brought along the acetate of it which his big brother had lent to him.
[Edited by Gazza]
23rd January 2007 12:43 PM
glencar Get Yourself Together = I Can See It?
23rd January 2007 12:45 PM
Fiji Joe Interesting stuff...nice to know that there is some studio stuff I have not heard...it gives me hope
23rd January 2007 12:46 PM
Joey " ...it gives me hope "

23rd January 2007 12:50 PM
Fiji Joe Joey?

23rd January 2007 12:52 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Joey?

Yes ! : Joey !
24th January 2007 10:37 AM
Fiji Joe Has this Something BB ended up on any boots?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)