ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1965, 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bad movies I've seen (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 18th, 2005 05:54 PM
Some Guy I stated earlier that Dodgeball was the worst movie I have seen in a while, absolute garbage. Wait a minute, I watched Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Now thats bad film at its worst. I never go to the movies, I buy a lot of dvds and rentals. That last movie sucked out loud! skip it!
January 18th, 2005 06:03 PM
Joey

" Sideways " & " Finding Neverland " are both Outstanding Flicks !

...please see both and Thank THE JOEY later

Word !

The Joey ! ™
January 18th, 2005 06:08 PM
Some Guy Thanks Joey.
January 18th, 2005 08:23 PM
corgi37 I hate going to the flicks. Too many people, exhorbitant prices, and you have to wear pants.

It's dvd for me. Crank up the surround, and destroy the walls!

Pearl Harbour is about the worst flick i've seen in the past few years. House of the dead is shit too.

Get Shaun of the dead! It's brilliant.

The trouble for me, is i hate actors. I fucking hate them. They are now the power elite. Julia Roberts buying property off Rumsfeld (mainly so no-one can live next door to her), Gibson turning all weird on us (his dad is an out and out fruitcake!) and Jim Carrey actually being allowed to make movies at all. And Adam Sandler! Who the fuck goes to see his movies??? Who ALLOWS him to make movies? Tim Allen! OMG - the cruelty.

Whatever happened to real actors like Chevy Chase, Corey's Feldman/Haim, Pia Zadora and Bo Derek?

Now, THEY were actors.
January 18th, 2005 08:25 PM
time is on my side I thought the topic was bad movies you've seen but, if want to list good movies, I would recommend these: AVIATOR, SIDEWAYS (my chice for best movie of the year), RAY, FLYING DAGGERS (saw that one over the weekend), and A VERY LONG ENGAGEMENT.

Now, if you want me to list a really bad movie that I saw (one that should have been good but was really, really bad), there can be only one choice: ALEXANDER
January 18th, 2005 08:34 PM
corgi37 Alexander could very well be the end of Oliver Stone's career. No great loss if you ask me.
January 18th, 2005 08:46 PM
time is on my side I was a fan of his earlier movies (PLATOON & BORN on the 4th of JULY) but his career has been spiralling downwards for some time (may have started with JFK- a well done movie filled with mass amounts of paranoia and historical, distorted facts). This movie, ALEXANDER, is the bottom of the pit from which, as you said, there may be no return.
January 18th, 2005 08:51 PM
Soldatti Bad movies?
Freejack
January 18th, 2005 09:05 PM
BILL PERKS I SAW GARDEN STATE THE OTHER DAY AND I THOUGHT IT SUCKED.SEE CAPTURING THE FRIEDMANS -A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT A JEWISH FAMILY ON TRIAL FOR CHILD MOLESTATION.FASCINATING.
January 18th, 2005 09:16 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Bad movies?
Freejack

Damn! You beat me to it!
January 18th, 2005 09:49 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I SAW GARDEN STATE THE OTHER DAY AND I THOUGHT IT SUCKED.SEE CAPTURING THE FRIEDMANS -A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT A JEWISH FAMILY ON TRIAL FOR CHILD MOLESTATION.FASCINATING.

word, perks. I hated me some Garden State. All them early 30s actors standing around acting mid 20s and FIGURING OUT LIFE! Pee-uke. Give me a clown filled with anger because his dad and brother were arrested for mass sexual molestation over a 20 somethings comes to grips drama with bad music any day.
January 18th, 2005 10:39 PM
corgi37 Reality Bites!! Similar thing. Glum pricks wandering around like zombies. And, i gotta share something with you all. I fucking hate Ethan Hawke. I mean, really hate him. Stalking-then-king-hitting-him hating him.

Its got nothing to do with Uma.

I just fucking hate him. And that wispy little goatee bullshit thing he had. Argh! Winona Ryder i hate too.

Sorry, i aint seen Garden State (probably never will, truth be told) but i was reminded of Reality Bites.

Oh, and Janeane Garofolo! God, i hate her too. Hate-so-much-i-could-axe-her hate her.
January 18th, 2005 10:42 PM
Nasty Habits Be on the lookout for Peter Sarsgaard, corgi37. His "I am going to sit in the corner and act like I know tons which is why I must sit here in the corner and run my hands through my hair" schtick will make you shoot piss and fire from out your eyes.
January 19th, 2005 12:06 AM
Bloozehound There ya go!

Ethan Hawke

What a dicksucker!

That dude made the worst fuckin films of ALL time.

I'd love to catch him with his acoustic playing "sensitive-emotionally tortured-gotee'd-artist" one night(cuz ya know he does it) and take it from him and bash it across his gotee'd face ala Bluto Blutarsky of Animal House fame, while taunting him with "Your ass is like Leaves of Grass and I'm the lawnmower, Whitman!"
January 19th, 2005 03:05 AM
FotiniD I just watched "10.5" yesterday night and since it's so fresh in my memory, it runs in the top-10 of worst films of all time imo Most of those end-of-the-world themed films are full of stupid special effects and no story at all, but this was just outrageous. And you can predict what's going to happen in every scene!! (You know, troubled dad/kid relationship that works out in the end, love affair in the midst of all mayhem, a good president that supports people... predictable!)

Also, those really heavy films that only their director knows what they're talking about... I like movies with a real story and real art involved, but sometimes it just gets way out there... One that springs to mind is that "Songs from the 7th floor" where all you could see was a guy walking around hospitals, then going to an empty field where someone was gathering wooden crosses, then throwing a kid off a cliff... I mean, what on earth is going on ?! Where did I lose it?

January 19th, 2005 06:08 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
[...]
Now, if you want me to list a really bad movie that I saw (one that should have been good but was really, really bad), there can be only one choice: ALEXANDER

It can't be possible.... it can't be right.....I mean.... no no.....I can't believe......I still haven't gone to see this one....heck....I'm waiting this for so long.....an EPIC....an EPIC can't be BAD.....not at all......

Must check with my own eyes quickly......

January 19th, 2005 07:17 AM
Factory Girl I just saw Misfits (again), and it is a Fantastic movie!!

Clark Gable, Marilyn Monroe, Eli Wallach, Montgomery Clift-a great cast, and a great movie!!
January 19th, 2005 07:45 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Bad movies?
Freejack

Soldie.....are you crazy irmão?!? I really dig Freejack...
January 19th, 2005 09:20 AM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Alexander could very well be the end of Oliver Stone's career. No great loss if you ask me.

Yes , I agree --- Oliver Stone hasn't had a hit movie in over twelve years .

I do believe though his mid to late 1980's trilogy of " Platoon " , " Wall Street " , and " Born on the Fourth of July " rank amongst the greatest movies EVER ! .. WORD !

" Damn Shame about the Vietnam Ronnie ! "

Jacky ! ™
January 19th, 2005 09:45 AM
BILL PERKS OLIVER STONE HAS MADE SEVERAL GREAT MOVIES
PLATOON
4TH OF JULY
JFK
WALL ST
SALVADOR
NIXON
NATURAL BORN KILLERS

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY SUCKED
I HAVENT SEEN THE DOORS OR ALEXANDER
January 19th, 2005 09:58 AM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
OLIVER STONE HAS MADE SEVERAL GREAT MOVIES
PLATOON
4TH OF JULY
JFK
WALL ST
SALVADOR
NIXON
NATURAL BORN KILLERS

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY SUCKED
I HAVENT SEEN THE DOORS OR ALEXANDER

JFK , THE DOORS , NATURAL BORN KILLERS and NIXON were all excellent !!!!!

Anthony Hopkins gave a compelling performance as Richard Nixon , but nobody saw the movie .

January 19th, 2005 10:10 AM
Starbuck That's funny, I read in last week's issue of "teen beat" that George Lucas is remaking the original star wars trillogy. you'll be surprised who he cast as the main characters:

joey skywalker
best line: '...but I was going into Toshi station to pick up the lastest issue of "Fat Chicks on All Fours".......

Darth Perks
best line: 'YOU ARE PART OF THE REBEL ALLIANCE AND ARE ON MY @#@KING HATE LIST. TAKE HER AWAY!"

Josh Solo
joey skywalker: 'so. you got your reward and you're leaving then?"
joshie solo: 'yeah, that's right. i got some debts i gotta pay off. like the mortage to my 600K estate and the spinners on my new BMW. why don't you come with us? you'd be good in some tense litigation. we could use you."

Princess gypsy:
"joey is my %$#!ing brother!!?! you have GOT to be kidding!"

January 19th, 2005 10:22 AM
Joey
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
That's funny, I read in last week's issue of "teen beat" that George Lucas is remaking the original star wars trillogy. you'll be surprised who he cast as the main characters:

joey skywalker
best line: '...but I was going into Toshi station to pick up the lastest issue of "Fat Chicks on All Fours".......

Darth Perks
best line: 'YOU ARE PART OF THE REBEL ALLIANCE AND ARE ON MY @#@KING HATE LIST. TAKE HER AWAY!"

Josh Solo
joey skywalker: 'so. you got your reward and you're leaving then?"
joshie solo: 'yeah, that's right. i got some debts i gotta pay off. like the mortage to my 600K estate and the spinners on my new BMW. why don't you come with us? you'd be good in some tense litigation. we could use you."

Princess gypsy:
"joey is my %$#!ing brother!!?! you have GOT to be kidding!"

Excellent Post Starbuck !!!!

...please feel free to take the rest of the day off

Jacky ! ™
January 19th, 2005 10:22 AM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:

JFK , THE DOORS , NATURAL BORN KILLERS and NIXON were all excellent !!!!!

Anthony Hopkins gave a compelling performance as Richard Nixon , but nobody saw the movie .

I can't wait till Oliver Stones does "LBJ"

The most dishonest filmaker in history covering the most dishonest President in history

YES! Oh my, the possibilities

Lets all hope Stone nevers does a movie on The Stones

Shiver
January 19th, 2005 10:26 AM
Nasty Habits You know what movie SUCKED?

The Village.

January 19th, 2005 10:28 AM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

The most dishonest filmaker in history covering the most dishonest President in history

Shiver

Tele ..........................

ALL of Oliver Stone's movies have something to do with LBJ --- THINK ABOUT IT !!!!!!

I'm Serious ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LBJOEY ! ™
January 19th, 2005 10:42 AM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:

Tele ..........................

ALL of Oliver Stone's movies have something to do with LBJ --- THINK ABOUT IT !!!!!!

I'm Serious !

LBJOEY ! ™

Thinking.......

Thinking.......

Sounds good, what about "Alexander-The Gay Blade"
January 19th, 2005 10:48 AM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Sounds good, what about "Alexander-The Gay Blade"

********** BLANK STARE ****************
January 19th, 2005 10:51 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
You know what movie SUCKED?

The Village.

You beat me to the punch Nasty. The Village was pure shite. M. Night Shalyman is begining to believe his own hype unfortunatly. The Sixth Sense was great. Signs was good. Unbreakable was passable,and The Village marks the end of the slide for this guy. He is at the bottom with this load of shit.

The fucked up thing is that this rubbish actully got mixed reviews! Who in their right mind could find anything remotely good about this movie?! Shalyman likes to always throw in an unexpected plot twist in his films. It worked like a charm in The Sixth Sense,but in The Village you can spot this not-so-big revelation less than half way through the flick. Not only is the big secret not so big or secret,but it's just such a letdown for fans of the mindfuck plot twist. It just doesn't deliver on any level. As far as I'm concerned The Village was the waste of a good film trailer. Lord knows the trailer made it look good.

Riffhard
January 19th, 2005 10:52 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Shiver

HE COULD CHANGE HISTORY AND MAKE A MOVIE ON THE STONES WHERE THEY ACTUALLY MAKE A RECORD IN UNDER 8 YEARS
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood