ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1965, 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Post-1972 Fleetwood Mac Sucks" Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 18th, 2005 04:14 PM
Joey
quote:
Barney Fife wrote:
The most valuable member of the band, Peter Green, left. I don't know how any serious music listener could like post-1972 Fleetwood Mac - what a lame band! "This song's about a worthless Welsh witch named Stevie Nix." "Riaaaaaannnnnnon!" Gag me with a dildo! What a grating voice - yeeckkk! Drop kick your Fleetwood Mac records into a street far away from where you live!

The 2003 / 2004 Fleetwood Mac Tour was phenomenal !

BEST FLEETWOOD MAC Yet !

http://www.fleetwoodmac.com/news/index.php?mode=section&sec_id=3

" Stevie Nicks likes Puss Puss Ronnie ! "

J. Fly !
January 18th, 2005 05:00 PM
Nasty Habits Man, I really like that Jeremy Spencer and the Children record. Mucho loco.

I have to join the saywha? sayers on this thread -- I think that up until Mirage there was a reason they sold all the goddamn records they sold. Just becase Don't Stop became terminally infected with images of Hillary Clinton clapping on the almost off beat and shaking those grotesque hips does not mean that that's the Mac's fault. One of the more suprising and slash or explosive live performances I've heard from the mid 70s is the Fleetwood Mac in a recording studio playing live for radio broadcast. The band sounds genuinely hungry and unsure of themselves (Buckingham and Nicks had something to prove back then) and the whole thing is surprisingly lively.
January 18th, 2005 05:03 PM
Joey " ...........became terminally infected with images of Hillary Clinton clapping on the almost off beat and shaking those grotesque hips does not mean that that's the Mac's fault. "

You make Joey smile .
January 18th, 2005 09:58 PM
Lazy Bones To be quite honest, with only a small handful of Fleetwood Mac albums, I was never aware of the earlier albums or even the vast line-ups, for that matter. Rumours, Behind The Mask and The Dance were the only Mac albums I ever owned - until now.

This past weekend (thanks, solely, to this thread) I bought Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac (1968). I must say, it's a great blues album and a complete surprise. I had no idea.

In fact, I like it so much, I plan on getting another Peter Green 'era' album - Then Play On - in the very near future. Unless, anyone can make alternate recommendations...

January 18th, 2005 10:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Those are some gems Lazybones, get also:

• "Fleetwood Mac in Chicago", for some great blues sessions at Chess Studios with Otis Spann, Willie Dixon, Shakey Horton, J.T. Brown, Guitar Buddy, Honeyboy Edwards and S. P. Leary
  • "Mr. Wonderful" for another shot of raw British blues
  • "The Boston Box" for a very good live sample of the original FM sound
January 18th, 2005 10:21 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Those are some gems Lazybones, get also:

• "Fleetwood Mac in Chicago", for some great blues sessions at Chess Studios with Otis Spann, Willie Dixon, Shakey Horton, J.T. Brown, Guitar Buddy, Honeyboy Edwards and S. P. Leary
  • "Mr. Wonderful" for another shot of raw British blues
  • "The Boston Box" for a very good live sample of the original FM sound

Thanks, Voodoo! "FM in Chicago" looks good...
January 18th, 2005 10:28 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Go ahead, if you don't like it I will pay it as I only have "FM In Chicago" in vinyl

Get "Then Play On" too but later, as is a special transition to something more elaborated but still has some crude blues. "Oh Well" was an anthem for FM fans and great live, the studio version is a classic
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood