ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

NYC January 2006
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aussie shows looking shaky Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 16th, 2006 05:28 PM
Daethgod man ive still got hop e...
but i heard an interview on 3AW this morning, someone from the VRC from Flemington was being asked about the Stones playing there and all he could say was it was a 'rumour' and that nothing concrete has been finalised.

if the show was a go you'd think they'd know something by now ...

as Lleyton will yell his week at teh Oz open .." C'Mon !!"

January 16th, 2006 06:17 PM
Daethgod Tokyo Shows now listed on rs.com

January 16th, 2006 07:04 PM
rough-justice People have tried to tell you, that they are NOT touring OZ
January 16th, 2006 07:42 PM
Daethgod i still got hope baby !

January 16th, 2006 08:22 PM
exile I heard Definitely a Sydney show at Aussie stadium.
Melbourne show holding up announcement as difficulty finding venue.
January 17th, 2006 05:36 AM
RSRTG I'm with you D/GOD.......I still have hope and will wait .........and continue to wait. My tip is (and dont ask me why)is that we'll see them here in Oz.
If any of you negative vibe merchants are with holding factual evidence that they arent touring here, then now is the time to cum clean and tell us your sources.
If they go to N.Z. they will cum here, if they dont cum here, then I got to spend some $$$$$ and see them elsewhere.
For the love of god, please announce yay or nay soon coz it's taking it's toll on my health!
January 17th, 2006 05:40 AM
corgi37 Oz tour not viable if they cant hit Melbourne. And why is Brissie left out? They are supposed to have a 2 week window here. They'll be lucky to sell out 1 stadium show in each city, so they wont be doing 2. I think some other factors come into play here.

1. Any venue played will be 2nd rate. A factor likely to touch their egos.

2. U2, AFL memberships & Commonwealth Games sucking all the money up.

3. Probably asking too much money, and Dainty is gonna take a loss just to bring them out.

4. No guarantees people will flock to some out of the way, semi run down joint, in the open (middle aged people getting wet in 2006? No way!). Probably a huge factor. Its why suburban footy died out. People too sophisticated to stand in the outer in the open weather, when they could be in comfort under a roof.
January 17th, 2006 05:59 AM
RSRTG What you say makes sense corgi......but dont give up hope.
January 17th, 2006 06:40 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
rough-justice wrote:
People have tried to tell you, that they are NOT touring OZ

...FLEMINGTON?????????

Now that's HORSE SHIT!
January 17th, 2006 06:42 PM
gypsymofo60 Stones in Australia

2003....UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Do I detect a subtle message in the encrytion?
January 17th, 2006 06:49 PM
Daethgod Flemington tipped in the paper again today

but it looks like they get the juice from the web

i tried calling Dainty aggain yesterday but got the usual 'no comment' crap

wouldnt even 'humour' me when i asked ' is there a chance ..etc'

wish they would just indicate whether it looks good, bad whatever
just say sumthin !

January 17th, 2006 06:58 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
rough-justice wrote:
People have tried to tell you, that they are NOT touring OZ

........HEY rough'ead. Am I wasting my internet breath or what?

Bleet bleet bleet..............Skilled, Flemington, what next?

Altamont part two at Calder Racecourse.
The Stones finish off showing The Gunners how to trully spook 200,000 starving, thirsty,"Where's the fucking bog man? fans.

Wait! NEWSFLASH!
They're doin' a U2/Beatles thingyyy on top of The Rialto. SEE YA THERE>
January 17th, 2006 07:02 PM
Daethgod heres todays paper

Rolling Stones want day at the races
Nui Te Koha
18jan06

THE Rolling Stones could stage the first rock concert at Flemington racetrack.

Promoter Paul Dainty has asked Flemington officials if the rock legends can play to a crowd of 30,000 in April.

A Victoria Racing Club spokesman confirmed talks were being held with Dainty and the Stones.

"We would be guided by them as to what they require," he said.

"Whether or not the Stones opt for Flemington depends on whether we can fulfill what those requirements are."

On their last visit in 2003, the Stones played at Rod Laver Arena but their 1973 tour included shows at Randwick, Kooyong and the WACA.

Stones fan James Young was excited by the choice.

"Racing is the sport of kings and the Rolling Stones are the kings of rock'n'roll, making Flemington a natural choice of venue for these thoroughbred stayers," Mr Young said.

"Flemington racecourse makes sense to me. Jagger loves wearing bright silks, Charlie's an incredible stayer, Ronnie's finally on the straight and Keith's no stranger to a drug test."

While representatives for the VRC and Dainty said venue and dates were in discussion, a Stones tour is not yet confirmed.

But the Stones' authoritative European fansite, iorr.org, yesterday listed Flemington as the rumoured venue for an April show.

That information is said to be confirmed by Stones insiders.

The fansite suggests the Stones will visit Wellington, NZ, on April 8, before stops in Auckland, Sydney and Melbourne.

The tour's Pacific Rim leg opens in Tokyo on March 22.

Flemington's grandstand capacity is 24,000 people.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,17856611%255E2902,00.html
January 17th, 2006 07:27 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
heres todays paper

Rolling Stones want day at the races
Nui Te Koha
18jan06

THE Rolling Stones could stage the first rock concert at Flemington racetrack.

Promoter Paul Dainty has asked Flemington officials if the rock legends can play to a crowd of 30,000 in April.

A Victoria Racing Club spokesman confirmed talks were being held with Dainty and the Stones.

"We would be guided by them as to what they require," he said.

"Whether or not the Stones opt for Flemington depends on whether we can fulfill what those requirements are."

On their last visit in 2003, the Stones played at Rod Laver Arena but their 1973 tour included shows at Randwick, Kooyong and the WACA.

Stones fan James Young was excited by the choice.

"Racing is the sport of kings and the Rolling Stones are the kings of rock'n'roll, making Flemington a natural choice of venue for these thoroughbred stayers," Mr Young said.

"Flemington racecourse makes sense to me. Jagger loves wearing bright silks, Charlie's an incredible stayer, Ronnie's finally on the straight and Keith's no stranger to a drug test."

While representatives for the VRC and Dainty said venue and dates were in discussion, a Stones tour is not yet confirmed.

But the Stones' authoritative European fansite, iorr.org, yesterday listed Flemington as the rumoured venue for an April show.

That information is said to be confirmed by Stones insiders.

The fansite suggests the Stones will visit Wellington, NZ, on April 8, before stops in Auckland, Sydney and Melbourne.

The tour's Pacific Rim leg opens in Tokyo on March 22.

Flemington's grandstand capacity is 24,000 people.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,17856611%255E2902,00.html

..Nui Te Koha doesn't know his arse from his elbow and The Herald Sun is a parochial gossipminded rag for the retarded.
January 17th, 2006 09:16 PM
corgi37 At least the Flemington people have acknowledged they are talking to Dainty's people. They said a couple of days ago that no one has spoken anything to them. I think it will happen. It's the 1 venue with the facilities like bars and toilets.

The Sun is for disgruntled shop keepers and self funded retirees. But, Nui is pretty tight with the Stones. They go back to his rather over-the-top rantings during VL. I mean, it was a great show, but he went on so much, it was like he was on their pay-roll. If you look at the 95 press conference, Ronnie in particular, acknowledges Nui in the crowd.

Yep, i am actually fairly confident.

But, one thing puzzles me. Collingwood have updated their training ground, which is in el-primo real estate. Lots of public transport. You'd think Eddie McGuire would have offered their facilities to stage the show. Good publicity for him. Might be able to get Jagger to wear a Collingwood jumper!
January 17th, 2006 09:36 PM
gypsymofo60 I don't know why Jagger has never worn an English football shirt. He's worn American football shirts, Italian National shirt and so on. Then he did say in early interviews he hated football. Maybe you could talk him into one of those godawfull Aussie day/nighters and get him to wear a big 3 on his head too. After all he loves cricket.

At Flemington they could rock the stables with Wild Horses.
"This ones for Phar-Lap".
January 18th, 2006 12:52 AM
Daethgod Mick will love the fillies in the mounting yard

January 18th, 2006 02:21 AM
StickyFishFingers "Oz tour not viable if they cant hit Melbourne. And why is Brissie left out? They are supposed to have a 2 week window here. They'll be lucky to sell out 1 stadium show in each city, so they wont be doing 2. I think some other factors come into play here."

Hey Corgi i was thinking this morning about this same issue and i guess they just won't have enough time to include Brissie. Based on the confirmed & rumoured dates on iorr.org, the Stones have a 2 to 3 day break on average between most gigs, so based on this the Stones last NZ gig would have to be around the 10th or 11th of April, which means the Sydney gig would be probably on the 13th or - most likely I reckon the 15th because the 14th is Good Friday & as you know - hardly anything is open on that day, so it's doubtful they'd be allowed to play on Good Friday. If the gig is on the 15th at Aussie Stadium, the Melbourne gig would have to be around about the 17th or 18th,(i'm tipping the 18th) & then they leave for the Honolulu gig on the 22nd. Hence no time for a Brissie gig.

January 18th, 2006 03:09 AM
exile They sold 2 stadium shows here in sydney in '95. i know because I was at both of them.

voodoo lounge tour
January 18th, 2006 03:20 AM
rough-justice
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:

At Flemington they could rock the stables with Wild Horses.
"This ones for Phar-Lap".

Ha Ha Mofo u aint lost that humour ol buddy!
January 18th, 2006 03:52 AM
stonedinaustralia rough justice

you're not the long time gone Woody Woodpecker are you???

if so - welcome back!!
January 18th, 2006 04:09 AM
rough-justice I am a woody! (second bannana)
I like to keep the band happy.

How r u Mr S.Australia!!
January 18th, 2006 04:11 AM
stonedinaustralia i'm cool man

nice to see you back
January 18th, 2006 06:20 PM
Daethgod todays local rag

Skilled Stones hopes roll on

Thursday, January 19
PETER BEGG

GEELONG'S bid for a Rolling Stones concert is still alive, despite tour promoters holding discussions with Flemington race course officials.

Geelong Mayor Peter McMullin said yesterday the city's bid for a concert at Skilled Stadium was still an option.

In fact, Cr McMullin said Skilled Stadium had advantages over Flemington, which was more one-dimensional compared with the amphitheatre effect at the football ground.

``They are both of similar size and you could probably get more into Skilled Stadium,'' Cr McMullin said.

``It's really up to the promoters where they ultimately choose, but we're certainly well in there with a chance.

``We're certainly in there and we're pursuing it actively.''

Cr McMullin said he personally held discussions with the Dainty Corporation.

He said the Victoria Racing Club was in talks at the same stage.

The mayor said he had personally seen the Rolling Stones perform at the MCG, and he recommended them to anyone.

The MCG and Telstra Dome are unavailable during April because of football commitments, prompting the City of Greater Geelong to make a bid.

Skilled Stadium could be available on April 22 or 29, when the Cats play away games. The Geelong Falcons are scheduled to play at Skilled on April 29, but that could be changed.

At one stage it was felt the band's Bigger Bang tour would skip Victoria because no suitable venue was available.

http://www.geelonginfo.com.au/readarticle.asp?articleid=18474
January 18th, 2006 06:58 PM
gypsymofo60 Only a small proportion of hard core fans would make the long and arduous journey down to Geelong. I am not trying to be a smartarse here, but Geelong's just a bigger, more populated version of Frankston. RoughJusty will bear me out on this. The Stones would not lower themselves to play what basically amounts to a regional gig at the arse end of the world.

It makes no sense at all.
It would be like them playing Epsom Downs or The Falkland Islands.
January 18th, 2006 07:37 PM
Daethgod "Only a small proportion of hard core fans would make the long and arduous journey down to Geelong."

what the ?

dude its like 50 mins from the City
Avalon airport is 15 mins from the venue ..

January 18th, 2006 07:48 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
"Only a small proportion of hard core fans would make the long and arduous journey down to Geelong."

what the ?

dude its like 50 mins from the City
Avalon airport is 15 mins from the venue ..

It's not about demographics. It's about the band's standing. Jagger wouldn't look at anything outside of Melbourne. He understands Victorian demographics.
He is not some cocked up, numbnuts mumbling in the back of a limo,"SOOOOOOOO where's this Gaolong place man?"
SKILLED, I wouldn't buy a fucking pie in the place.
January 18th, 2006 07:52 PM
Daethgod the Pies are great, just as long as its a 4n Twenty

Skilled is a great stadium, esp when the Cats are getting a flogging

January 18th, 2006 07:57 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
the Pies are great, just as long as its a 4n Twenty

Skilled is a great stadium, esp when the Cats are getting a flogging

I thought you'd be a cats fan?
January 18th, 2006 09:42 PM
corgi37 Well, its getting to the point where i dont give a shit anymore. We've been hanging on since August. Why wasnt all this shit arranged months ago?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)