ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

NYC January 2006
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aussie shows looking shaky Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 18th, 2006 09:47 PM
Daethgod yer get moving
frigging promoters, dont give a toss about the real fans...
just chase the 'Farnsie canvas pant wearing freshly-pressed-shirt-as-Im-off-to-a-concert' crowd with the $$

btw im a Pie man

06 is our year ... i hope

January 18th, 2006 09:50 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
yer get moving
frigging promoters, dont give a toss about the real fans...
just chase the 'Farnsie canvas pant wearing freshly-pressed-shirt-as-Im-off-to-a-concert' crowd with the $$

btw im a Pie man

06 is our year ... i hope

....If any of the real time promoters had been given a sniff you'd now be holding your tix for March/April.
January 19th, 2006 01:37 AM
StickyFishFingers So what's the bet, the Stones will end up saying stuff Melbourne it's too hard, we'll just do 2 gigs in Sydney. Shame on the Aussie promoters for not getting off their arses and getting this all sorted sooner.

I'm tired of checking out the iorr.org tour dates, rocks off messages, official site etc & seeing nothing confirmed. Totally friggin' jaded. If we don't hear something positive soon I'm gonna lose the plot & I'm gonna start being a Johnny Farnham fan instead. fuck, fuck, fuck.......it's that serious.
January 19th, 2006 03:42 AM
Daethgod im hearing ya sticky
gotta get back to my life, this waitingf bullshit is taking too much of my time
January 19th, 2006 04:15 AM
RSRTG I would like to get back to my life as well...but hang on....THE STONES ARE MY LIFE.....this is just cwazy and insane the amount of torture I'm putting myself through....its got to stop.....they got to announce something very soon......and I'm beginning to sound like a stuck record....
think i'm goin mad.
January 19th, 2006 06:34 AM
corgi37 I mean, here i am, so eager to part with the best part of $1,000 - and no cunt will take it!

I was starting to lose interest. Starting to think "Oh, fuck 'em, i'll wait for the vid/dvd - like i did until 95.

Then i saw the set list for todays show!! Now i am simply going to kill myself if they dont come.

Nah, scratch that. I'll kill some one else.
January 19th, 2006 05:25 PM
exile waiting....waiting....waiting
January 19th, 2006 06:26 PM
RSRTG and waiting and waiting and waiting etc
January 19th, 2006 06:34 PM
stonedinaustralia exile, RSTG, Daeth - you must admit the whole thing looks extremely unlikely

i certainly don't expect them here

check StckyfishFingers analysis on page one of this thread re dates etc.

there is simply not enough time - further if they were coming in April certain things would be in place by now

I expect Dainty would be the only promoter they would deal with and there's nothing coming from them

if i'm proved to be wrong well so be it but i say you should give it up

if you really want to see them perhaps it's not too late to get in on the new zealand show
January 19th, 2006 07:10 PM
Daethgod i still reckon they will come
Japan just announced, i hear tix go on sale Jan 21, so gotta be soon...

[Edited by Daethgod]
January 19th, 2006 07:14 PM
Daethgod saw this post at rs.com

January 19, 2006

IT used to be about the sex, drugs and rock 'n roll, but even the Rolling Stones are getting soft in their old age.

Stones' frontman Mick Jagger now passes his time -- before and after gigs -- watching cricket on a specially tuned satellite TV, jogging on a temporary track and playing a quiet round of snooker with his fellow Stones.

While the other Stones insist on flowers with weeping eucalyptus in their dressing rooms, Jagger has told promoters to keep his digs flower-free.

The Stones' tour habits were revealed yesterday in a run sheet given to tour promoters ahead of their performance at the 2006 US NFL Superbowl.

The Stones will shake Australia with their Bigger Bang two-show tour in April, the first of which may be at Melbourne's Flemington Racecourse.

January 19th, 2006 07:39 PM
Daethgod could Aussie land get an arena show after all ?

saw this at shidoobee :

"OK, now here's an interesting rumor... A Honolulu radio station announced this afternoon that the Stones are planning a concert in Honolulu on April 22... The interesting part is that the DJ said that a reliable source in the Rolling Stones organization indicated that they are looking at an arena show and that there was a possibility of more than one show (Stadium + arena? More than one arena show? I dunno, he didn't say)... He also said that an additional Maui show is not likely...

The old HIC is now the Blaisdell Arena... If they did play an arena show in Hawaii, the Blaisdell would be the most likely venue (and they did play there when it was the HIC)... And hey, it's the Stones - they'll do whatever the hell they want...

Anyway, it's all still a rumor - so YMMV..."

January 20th, 2006 06:42 AM
Daethgod heard a whisper the Stones peeps may be looking at Calder

Calder history here :
http://www.motorsport.com.au/history.htm

and info here :
http://www.austadiums.com/news/news.php?id=205

"With a renegotiated public liability insurance policy, a new operating permit, an increased curfew time from 10.00pm to 11.00pm, the right to stage concerts and planned infrastructure upgrading, we are poised to re-establish Calder Park Raceway as an entertainment powerhouse, with a wide variety of events planned for 2006 and beyond."

"Calder Park has also been approached by leading entertainment promoters to stage major local and international music artists, which will re-establish Calder Park as one of Melbourne's premier outdoor venues, as the facility was regarded when it hosted international super-groups Fleetwood Mac, Santana and Guns ‘n Roses to crowds in excess of 70,000 people."

January 20th, 2006 07:26 AM
RSRTG I'm a superstitious freak.....didnt want to mention it but now I am going to.....something unusual happened to my mobilefone over the xmas break.
I received a text message from someone called 'april' and the message was 'april'........stuff knows who it was from???????......all I've had on my mind is a stones gig somewhere in oz since the ABB TOUR was announced last year.
I have faith that I will see them on my own turf this year.....couldnt give a flying fuk which state they perform in.
So I have taken on board the message was a divine intervention from my lucky angels (no i aint on drugs or a hippy)that I'll see the band whose music changed my life and if it all happens, I hope to meet some of you fellow aussie cats in the process.
I will travel O.S. only if I have to but I'm positive I will see the stones here in Oz.
Keep the faith, as ronnie sings about on track 8 of 'only for beginners'...Looks like we're all goin through a bad patch.............us stones fans are ALL BEAUTIFUL......wish I lived in the USA SO I COULD GO TO UNTOLD AMOUNTS OF STONES SHOWS, U CATS ARE VERY VERY VERY LUCKY.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)