ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today: Last day of Aceves' exhibition and RO Party on the air!!
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: this list is a joke & an insult Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 11th, 2005 01:41 PM
Saint Sway "Classic Rock" Magazine put out a list of the 100 best frontmen in rock.

and it is EASILY the WORST list ever compiled.

Not only is Mick not #1 - but he isnt even ON THE LIST! WTF??? How is that even possible??!?

IMO, there is no better frontman than Jagger. Not now. Not ever. No one even close. If he was listed at #2 I would be pissed. But not to even crack the top 100 is a joke. And sealing the deal to make this the worlds worst list ever compiled is that they listed Bon Jovi as the #12 best frontman. What a joke.

heres the laughable and disgraceful list....

CLASSIC ROCK MAGAZINES 100 BEST FRONTMEN
100 Neal Morse
99 Niagara
98 Barry Hay
97 Bob Catley
96 Pat Benatar
95 Bret Michaels
94 John Kay
93 Glenn Danzig
92 Blackie Lawless
91 Danny Bowes
90 Suzi Quatro
89 Glenn Hughes
88 Brad Delp
87 Klaus Meine
86 Elkie Brooks
85 Robert Palmer
84 Tom Araya
83 Angry Anderson
82 Joe Lynn Turner
81 Maggie Bell
80 Biff Byford
79 Ian Hunter
78 Courtney Love
77 Steve Marriott
76 John Waite
75 Thor
74 Roger Chapman
73 Eddie Vedder
72 Vince Neil
71 Phil Lewis
70 Dan McCafferty
69 Ian Astbury
68 Ricky Medlocke
67 Ginger
66 Chris Cornell
65 Paul Di'Anno
64 Robin Zander
63 Ann Wilson
62 Layne Staley
61 Brian Connolly
60 Dan Reed
59 Cronos
58 Anthony Kiedis
57 Bono
56 Lou Gramm
55 Chris Robinson
54 Ian Anderson
53 Geddy Lee
52 Rob Zombie
51 Geoff Tate
50 Stevie Nicks
49 Fish
48 Phil Anselmo
47 Noddy Holder
46 David Byron
45 Joey Tempest
44 Fee Waybill
43 Wendy O'Williams
42 Gary Holton
41 Kurt Cobain
40 Rod Stewart
39 Sebastian Bach
38 Kate Bush
37 Francis Rossi
36 Jim Dandy
35 Joe Elliot
34 Roger Waters
33 Mike Patton
32 Brian Johnson
31 James Hetfield
30 Ian Gillan
29 Scott Weiland
28 Sammy Hagar
27 Ted Nugent
26 David Coverdale
25 Janis Joplin
24 Steve Perry
23 Paul Stanley
22 Phil Mogg
21 Rob Halford
20 Ronnie James Dio
19 Dee Snider
18 Peter Gabriel
17 Ronnie VanZant
16 Alex Harvey
15 Alice Cooper
14 Lemmy
13 Paul Rodgers
12 Jon Bon Jovi
11 Jim Morrisson
10 Phil Lynott
9 Roger Daltrey
8 Bruce Dickinson
7 Axl Rose
6 Ozzy
5 Steven Tyler
4 David Lee Roth
3 Robert Plant
2 Freddie Mercury
1 Bon Scott
January 11th, 2005 01:46 PM
sirmoonie LOL! Some interesting names from the past on there.

Yeah, its always been a toss up between Mick and Glen Danzig.
January 11th, 2005 01:53 PM
parmeda Saint...you have an assignment.

*Find the name, phone number & e-mail address of the editor of "Classic Rock" magazine.
*Post the info here.
*Sit back and enjoy the show.

January 11th, 2005 01:57 PM
Jaxx before i read through your whole post i skimmed the list, and checked it twice. where's mick? what's their criteria? how could mick slip through anybody's criteria on what makes a great frontman? imo, mick is the quintessential front man. so many have imitated his stage presence. his most obvious knock off, steven tyler, is also absent. isn't he? also MIA is david byrne of the talking heads. his quirkiness was entertaining to watch live.
January 11th, 2005 01:57 PM
Sir Stonesalot What the fuck do you people expect from these stupid lists? Especially one from a hack job rag like "Classic Rock Magazine".

Sheesh.
January 11th, 2005 01:58 PM
nankerphelge Seriously!

What an idiot!

My bet is the guy has been to 3 concerts his entire life -- all Barry Manilow.
January 11th, 2005 02:12 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
What the fuck do you people expect from these stupid lists? Especially one from a hack job rag like "Classic Rock Magazine".

Sheesh.

January 11th, 2005 02:14 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Saint...you have an assignment.

*Find the name, phone number & e-mail address of the editor of "Classic Rock" magazine.
*Post the info here.

did a quick search, I think this is it...

www.classicrockmagazine.com
Editor In Chief: Scott Rowley

http://www.thefuturenetwork.plc.uk/pressrelease.asp?news_id=3959

this might be their office....

London Office
Future Publishing Ltd.
99 Baker Street
London
W1U 6FP
Tel: 020 7317 2600
Fax: 020 7486 5678
January 11th, 2005 02:15 PM
Gazza Is this the same list that was published several months ago?

If so, they explained the reason for Mick's absence as something along the lines of him being a double act with Keith and them being so dominant they 'transcend' their band - or some shit like that (in short, they consider him more important than just a 'frontman' in a band)

They didnt overlook him, apparently - they just didnt consider he met their criteria.

Same applied to some other singers, such as Springsteen, Prince, Elvis etc - great performers but not deemed by them as lead singers in a band, as such

Its an awful magazine, anyway. have they ever done anything on the Stones at all? If they have, I've never seen it
January 11th, 2005 02:16 PM
jb I sthis a British publication?
January 11th, 2005 02:21 PM
Fiji Joe Speaking of Barry Manilow...Why is he not on the list?...rubbish
January 11th, 2005 03:44 PM
Riffhard
quote:
jb wrote:
Is this a British publication?

How did I know that was coming?! LOL!

Riffhard
January 11th, 2005 03:50 PM
glencar Lists suck & all but this one is a travesty. What's classic about many of those names?
January 11th, 2005 04:22 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Lists suck & all but this one is a travesty. What's classic about many of those names?

Two Words ! :

Roger Daltrey
January 11th, 2005 04:58 PM
gypsy
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Saint...you have an assignment.

*Post the info here.

Yes, parmy! They are going to get an earful from the ladies of the ROCC!
January 11th, 2005 05:32 PM
Gazza read my post. They didnt omit Mick because they considered him 'more than a front man' - in a twisted way, its a sort of tribute...

I've never heard of half of these people, but as its a heavy rock magazine, thats hardly surprising
January 11th, 2005 05:54 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:
read my post. They didnt omit Mick because they considered him 'more than a front man' - in a twisted way, its a sort of tribute...

I've never heard of half of these people, but as its a heavy rock magazine, thats hardly surprising

Yes Gazza,but as you well know,once these slots set their mind to act on something there is no talking them out of it. I mean,hell,that is one of the main agendas of the ROCC. Bitching!

Go ladies! Let the bastards have it! A real double barrel assault!! Bring us back the head of this Scott Rowley fucker on a platter! Take no prisoners and hold no quarter!

Please report back after you have ripped them new assholes!

TIA

Riffhard
[Edited by Riffhard]
January 11th, 2005 06:37 PM
iluvmickjagger07 that magazine must have some sort of hatred toward mick. the first person you think of when someone says frontman is mick jagger. how can they possibly miss him.
January 11th, 2005 07:08 PM
KeithRichardsgrl
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
that magazine must have some sort of hatred toward mick. the first person you think of when someone says frontman is mick jagger. how can they possibly miss him.

I know rite!
January 11th, 2005 07:48 PM
stonedinaustralia who the fuck are Fish and Thor??

January 11th, 2005 08:19 PM
parmeda
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Yes Gazza,but as you well know,once these slots set their mind to act on something there is no talking them out of it. I mean,hell,that is one of the main agendas of the ROCC. Bitching!

Go ladies! Let the bastards have it! A real double barrel assault!! Bring us back the head of this Scott Rowley fucker on a platter! Take no prisoners and hold no quarter!

Please report back after you have ripped them new assholes!

TIA

Riffhard

Riffy, darling...what ever makes you think that my/our sole purpose in life is about bitching? I will have you know, that in my prime state, I can tell someone to fuck off, bite me & suck my ass through a paper straw, with the hugest smile on my face...it is hours later that the poor soul realizes they have had their asshole ripped so harshly, their assigned proctologist will question their own fate on why they have gone into that particular practice...

Riff...I'M KIDDING!

...sorta.

Anyway, I'll write to this Scott Rowley. I'll piss & moan about Mick and hope it twirls a hair up his ass. What do I have to lose?

btw, Saint...thanks for the info!
January 11th, 2005 10:42 PM
corgi37 Dee Snyder??? Dee Snyder!!!

Yeah, and who is Fish?
January 12th, 2005 12:41 AM
glencar Dee Snyder is reduced to doing voiceovers for MSNBS, the 3rd rated US cable news channel. He had a radio show in Connecticut but it totally sucked.
January 12th, 2005 09:14 AM
Joey " .......... but it totally sucked. "

<---------- see : www.MaxLugar.com
January 12th, 2005 09:27 AM
Zeeta Fish is the pleb from Marillion.

Don't worry about this guys, Classic Rock magazine is odious. I read a "list" in the magazine on my luch break (it was in the staff area!) and the readers voted for the best band ever and sixth was THE FUCKIN EAGLES!

Its like reading a magazine like "Classic Shit" and finding our boys in their - it is irrelevant man!
January 12th, 2005 09:48 AM
Joey
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

best band ever and sixth was THE FUCKIN EAGLES!

W- W- W- W- W- What ?!?!

January 12th, 2005 10:01 AM
glencar It sounds more like "Classic Schlock" than Classic Rock!
January 12th, 2005 10:50 AM
Zeeta No Joey I detest Eagles like a water poo!

the CLASSIC ROCK fans voted for the "best band ever" and they voted the tur-dgles in at 6th!

Piss poor!
January 12th, 2005 11:46 AM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Yes Gazza,but as you well know,once these slots set their mind to act on something there is no talking them out of it.

That sounds like fun. Roll on Rocks Off-fest '05!
January 12th, 2005 12:03 PM
Joey
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
No Joey I detest Eagles like a water poo!

the CLASSIC ROCK fans voted for the "best band ever" and they voted the tur-dgles in at 6th!

Piss poor!

Zeeta ................................

I really , REALLY Dig your Moonie Avatar !
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood