ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today: Last day of Aceves' exhibition and RO Party on the air!!
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: this list is a joke & an insult Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 12th, 2005 06:20 PM
rogerriffin well, of the 100 frontman that includes in the list, BON SCOTT is the best of all...
January 12th, 2005 07:47 PM
rolling who If not for Mick Jagger, there'd be no Steven Tyler, no Axl Rose, no Chris Robinson, no Michael Hutchence. Hell, you can even argue that the Jagger/Richards model serves as the blueprint for all rock 'n roll -- you know, the outrageous, flamboyant, pain-in-the-ass singer and the cool, dark-haired, detached, cigarette-smokin' guitar player. I mean, isn't this the basis of everyone from Aerosmith, Guns 'n Roses and Black Crowes to even U2, Led Zeppelin, REM, Van Halen, etc., etc?

That said, I've always thought Daltrey's stage presence (twirling the mic like a lariat) was cooler than Mick's strutting and, let's face it, poor dance moves.
January 12th, 2005 07:50 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

75 Thor

Who the fuck is Thor!?!

January 12th, 2005 09:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Look I know I've posted this before but I always thought Tina Turner was a great "front man" for the Ike & Tina Review...maybe the greatest if you measure it by the moves. In those days she had the moves.
January 12th, 2005 10:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Grace Slick should be there too. And Peter Wolf.
January 12th, 2005 10:59 PM
Bloozehound that's great, but how do they stack up against the mighty Thor ?
January 12th, 2005 11:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
that's great, but how do they stack up against the mighty Thor ?

Who's Thor? I suppose they'd stack up pretty good. Ultimately it all boils down to the television....the ultimate masterpiece of the collective human genius.
January 12th, 2005 11:21 PM
glencar Jagger had bad dance moves? Are there some secret videos? He's always been one of the best at stage dancing.
January 13th, 2005 12:18 AM
sammy davis jr. I'm sure Mick is losing alot of sleep over this....
January 13th, 2005 12:24 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Jagger had bad dance moves? Are there some secret videos? He's always been one of the best at stage dancing.

Hell no. Mick's got the moves.
January 13th, 2005 12:26 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Peter Wolf had the moves too. I don't understand why these guys and gals aren't at the top of the list.
January 13th, 2005 12:34 AM
sirmoonie If there was anyone who typified "Its the singer, not the song" it was Thor. May he rest in peace.
January 13th, 2005 12:47 AM
corgi37 God damn it. Who is Thor?
January 13th, 2005 09:26 AM
J.J.Flash Bon Scott was a great guy..... one of my biggest heroes....... but I wouldn't put him as the TOP......

Now people, Paul Rodgers is the real twat....
January 13th, 2005 09:35 AM
Monkeytonkman just to let you all know that classic rock Magazine is just about the best music magazine around.

I have bought it religiously every month since it was first published (about five years ago) and read every issue from cover to cover, certainly better than Rolling Stones Mag, Metal edge, Q, Mojo etc, etc, etc,

Now, my favourite band happen to be the Stones and I myself was shitting blood when I first read the list, but just remember it's an opinion, and like arseholes - everyone has one and they're full of shit.

It hasn't stopped me reading the mag and still view it as the best music mag around, better than any other mag I have ever read. so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

January 13th, 2005 09:37 AM
Monkeytonkman JJ flash.

how can you call paul rogers a twat?

He fuckin' rules, one of the best singers in the Business EVER. gonna get my ticket to see him in Paris with Roger Taylor & Brian May this March
January 13th, 2005 10:08 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Monkeytonkman wrote:
JJ flash.

how can you call paul rogers a twat?

He fuckin' rules, one of the best singers in the Business EVER. gonna get my ticket to see him in Paris with Roger Taylor & Brian May this March

Just teasing dude.....I don't hate P.Rogers, really. In fact a great singer, but IMO, not a great front-man, on the other hand. The same goes with my hero Bon Scott..... of course I tend to agree that Bon wasn't any Frank Sinatra when it comes to vocal skills..... but he fuckin' rocks, I take the risk to stand that Bon Scott was one of the greatest entertainers of the history of Rock'n'Roll.

As for Paul, you've got to believe me...... I even have got the latest Bad Co.'s live CD.
January 13th, 2005 10:14 AM
J.J.Flash 21 Rob Halford
20 Ronnie James Dio

Now, these were/still are two of the best.
January 13th, 2005 07:12 PM
stonedinaustralia again the question - who the fuck is Thor?
January 13th, 2005 07:24 PM
Dan
quote:
64 Robin Zander

He isn't a frontman, he is the singer. In between the songs, Rick Nielsen does all the talking as well as all the stage moves, gimmicks etc

quote:

33 Mike Patton

This is way, WAY too low. Not only is he the greatest singer who ever lived, he is a pretty good frontman. Other than the ominous omission of Mick, the top ten or twenty is pretty decent.
January 13th, 2005 07:30 PM
stonedinaustralia corgi i found this

http://ca.prweb.com/releases/2004/6/prweb132386.htm

he's a "rock warrior",apparently
January 13th, 2005 08:37 PM
David This is a travesty, and a sham, and a mockery. It's a travishamockery!!!
January 14th, 2005 04:21 AM
Monkeytonkman J.J. Flash,

gotta tell you man, you sound like you rock like a motherf*cker!

fair play dude. Keep on rockin

January 14th, 2005 03:51 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Monkeytonkman wrote:
J.J. Flash,

gotta tell you man, you sound like you rock like a motherf*cker!

fair play dude. Keep on rockin

Monkeytonkman

You are much loved by the J.J.Flash

Gotta go now......

Friday huh!
January 15th, 2005 05:46 AM
JumpinJackFlash
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
God damn it. Who is Thor?

LOL, Thor, you haven't heard the song "You got to keep the dogs away, you got to keep the dogs at bay". He was kind of like Danzig in a way, Big muscular man singing rock tunes about the gods. LOL,this reminded me of that corny video they had for that song.
January 15th, 2005 02:57 PM
JumpinJackFlash http://www.thorcentral.com

LOL, Check out the discography, man, got a kick out of this.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood