ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Sweet Virginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: WOOD LOSING BATTLE AGAINST BOTTLE (Contactmusic) Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 14th, 2006 02:35 PM
Gazza WOOD LOSING BATTLE AGAINST BOTTLE

ROLLING STONES star RONNIE WOOD could slip back into alcoholism despite hopes his recent stint in rehab had stamped out his addiction.

The TUMBLING DICE rocker shocked fans at a Las Vegas show two months ago (NOV05) when he collapsed on stage, and is finding sobriety a "constant battle".

His son and manager JAMIE says, "It's very hard, it's a constant battle every day.

"You have to remember that in America my dad can't go outside because of the fans, so what do you do stuck in a room all day?

"The demons are still there. He still needs therapy and he might be prone to slip, that's what alcoholics do.

"If I said he'll never drink again, I'd probably be lying."

14/01/2006 14:37

www.contactmusic.com

(This story is a heavily edited version of a story which appeared in today's Daily Mail in the UK)
January 14th, 2006 02:37 PM
speedfreakjive Sad to hear this. I hadn't heard about him collapsing though.
January 14th, 2006 02:41 PM
Moonisup
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Sad to hear this. I hadn't heard about him collapsing though.

yeah, never heard that story, maybe backstage or something
January 14th, 2006 02:56 PM
glencar It says he shocked fans by collapsing but maybe it was just a few. I wish he could kick the habit...
January 14th, 2006 03:03 PM
chevysales addiction is a live long battle whether booze or drugs (heroin/opiates).
January 14th, 2006 03:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Sad to hear this. I hadn't heard about him collapsing though.

see the first review on IORR here : http://www.iorr.org/tour05/lv1.htm

I presume Bjornulf wrote that, although he insists he wasnt drunk (how he can tell is another story)

Interesting though that it wasnt really mentioned anywhere else in any reviews I've read

Smells like typical Daily Mail bullshit if you ask me

The header in the Daily Mail piece effectively suggests that Mick was/is on the verge of kicking him out of the band, but when you actually read the article it actually says that it was never a serious option
[Edited by Gazza]
January 14th, 2006 03:15 PM
Moonisup ronnie out of the band isn't an option, same as bjornulf with some critism on the stones
January 14th, 2006 03:25 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

see the first review on IORR here : http://www.iorr.org/tour05/lv1.htm

I presume Bjornulf wrote that, although he insists he wasnt drunk (how he can tell is another story)

Interesting though that it wasnt really mentioned anywhere else in any reviews I've read

Smells like typical Daily Mail bullshit if you ask me

The header in the Daily Mail piece effectively suggests that Mick was/is on the verge of kicking him out of the band, but when you actually read the article it actually says that it was never a serious option
[Edited by Gazza]

Sounds like it wasn't alcohol related to me; old men will fall down sometimes.......
January 14th, 2006 03:38 PM
Joey
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

old men will fall down sometimes.......

Young Joey too ..........................

January 14th, 2006 04:27 PM
Stray Cat UK Sounds like typical Daily Mail sensational bullshit....Tory rag !
January 14th, 2006 04:45 PM
MrPleasant BOTTLE WINNING BATTLE OVER WOOD.
January 14th, 2006 04:53 PM
T&A the part that must be the toughest for the Woodman is teaming up with Mr. Alcohol himself, KR, on these tours. That's gotta be brutal for someone trying stay clean...
January 14th, 2006 04:54 PM
MrPleasant http://www2.netdoctor.co.uk/sex_relationships/facts/sexalcohol.htm

http://www.channel4.com/news/content/news-storypage.jsp?id=1323333
January 14th, 2006 05:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
T&A wrote:
the part that must be the toughest for the Woodman is teaming up with Mr. Alcohol himself, KR, on these tours. That's gotta be brutal for someone trying stay clean...

I kind of feel bad for Woody, on the one hand, on the other hand I don't. I've been "battling the bottle" for as long as he has. For what its worth, I like alcohol. I've just learned to control it...somewhat.
January 14th, 2006 05:31 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
T&A wrote:
the part that must be the toughest for the Woodman is teaming up with Mr. Alcohol himself, KR, on these tours. That's gotta be brutal for someone trying stay clean...

the glorification of alcohol by many on this board only betrays their ignorance as to what Woodie is going through

January 14th, 2006 05:41 PM
MrPleasant I like your signature.
January 14th, 2006 05:56 PM
lotsajizz not original (what is?) lifted from the prologue to 'Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas'

January 14th, 2006 06:00 PM
MrPleasant Precisely. Now, "get in"...

January 14th, 2006 06:10 PM
rogerriffin Really Sad Sad Sad to read this yellow news, Go Ronnie you can!!!
January 14th, 2006 06:11 PM
MrPleasant ¡Roger, falta poco!
January 14th, 2006 06:14 PM
lotsajizz god-damn, I never rode in a convertable before!!

January 14th, 2006 06:24 PM
James Burton Don't ever believe any of the bile that the daily Mail has to offer in the way of 'News'. Unfortunately, my Stepmother reads this publication every day, as do I, just to see how a journal on fascism and bull shit actually gets away with it!
Fuck the Daily Mail, it's truly horrible and laughable at the same time!
January 14th, 2006 06:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
James Burton wrote:
Don't ever believe any of the bile that the daily Mail has to offer in the way of 'News'. Unfortunately, my Stepmother reads this publication every day, as do I, just to see how a journal on fascism and bull shit actually gets away with it!
Fuck the Daily Mail, it's truly horrible and laughable at the same time!

Actually the same techniques are used by mainstream news organizations. Who owns the Daily Mail? I'd bet its owned by some media conglomerate. It's bread and circuses type stuff.
January 14th, 2006 07:01 PM
kath one would think we would have heard this story before if it were true.

we don't actually know what's really going on, though.
January 14th, 2006 07:20 PM
christijanus Contact music, where this news was taken off, has no longer the article on their site
January 14th, 2006 07:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
kath wrote:
one would think we would have heard this story before if it were true.

L'Wren Scott reportedly causing problems within the Rolling Stones

Mick Jagger's lover L'Wren Scott has reportedly caused a rift within the Rolling Stones.

The brunette stylist is said to be causing tension between Jagger and his bandmates because she is desperate to give the legendary group a makeover.

The 38-year-old former model, who has been romancing Jagger for four year, has joined the band on their Bigger Bang world tour - and has even said to be trying to get lifelong smokers Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood to quit. They are allegedly calling her the 'new Yoko Ono' after John Lennon's wife, who was accused of splitting up the Beatles after allegedly trying to take control of band decisions.

A source is quoted in Britain's Daily Mail newspaper as saying: "L'Wren has started throwing her weight around pretty quickly. She has made it clear she hates the fact that both Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood are chain smokers and has done her best to try and stop them smoking in front of her.

"L'Wren also feels the band should smarten up their appearance but sadly that is falling on deaf ears. Ronnie still wears his ugg boots everywhere, and as for Keith, well Keith of the bandana and the bare chest is not changing his style for anyone."
January 14th, 2006 07:42 PM
kath taking non-sequitor lessons from jb, ttm??

that pesky l'wren..alway stirring up mischief....
January 14th, 2006 07:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Actually the same techniques are used by mainstream news organizations. Who owns the Daily Mail? I'd bet its owned by some media conglomerate. It's bread and circuses type stuff.

James Burton's remark about fascism and the Daily Mail are quite historically accurate actually.
January 14th, 2006 08:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
James Burton's remark about fascism and the Daily Mail are quite historically accurate actually.

No doubt. Big Brother is a Brit.
January 14th, 2006 08:23 PM
James Burton
Remember, the Daily Mail championed this dick:

This is the image: http://extremecatholic.blogspot.com/images/oswald-mosley.jpg

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)