ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Sweet Virginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: WOOD LOSING BATTLE AGAINST BOTTLE (Contactmusic) Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 14th, 2006 08:25 PM
Gazza LOL...well the point I was making was that back in the '30's Lord Rothermere, the Daily Mail's owner, was quite an enthusiastic supporter of the British Union of Fascists and met Hitler on occasions

some more info here :
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/BUrothermere.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mail

Whilst obviously its a bit unfair from a literal standpoint to stereotype it that way these days, it's critics are quick to remind the Mail of their less than glorious past...

If you want to buy any UK newspaper that would have the most sneeringly contemptuous attitude to rock n roll and popular culture in general, then the Mail is the paper for you
[Edited by Gazza]
January 14th, 2006 08:39 PM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]Gazza wrote:
LOL...well the point I was making was that....

Shut up with that Beavis. He was making a point..

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
January 14th, 2006 09:19 PM
Gazza LOL..hey that guy is my hero and role model
January 14th, 2006 10:04 PM
Flairville I read an article last week in the Daily Star, yes it's like a comic but the article was handed to me. It said that last week Woody and Jimmy White went on a bender and drank 90 pints of Guinness, between then over 3 days. I didn't post it here 'cos I hate posting bad news.There was a picture of the pair of them and Woody looked rough. Giving up drink is hard at the best of times let alone when you've lived the life Ron has.
January 14th, 2006 10:36 PM
Gazza I dont believe that story for a second

90 pints of guinness between 2 people in 3 days is considerable enough, but I seriously would doubt
a) Woody would be dumb enough to do it
b) his body would be strong enough to tolerate it
c) his wife would have let him off the leash for long enough to try it
d) the band would tolerate it (he was on the eve of a tour remember)
e) Jimmy White, who is a close friend who obviously knows about Woody's condition and cares about him, would be irresponsible enough to indulge him like that and
f) any journalist would have been close enough to such a prolonged bender to be in a position to come anywhere near guessing the quantity of booze consumed

Knowing the Daily Star's penchant for exaggeration, someone probably told them that Woody probably had a glass of red wine with his dinner and they duly turned it into a 3 day bender
January 15th, 2006 12:57 AM
Dan
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

the glorification of alcohol by many on this board only betrays their ignorance as to what Woodie is going through

And if he posted here while drunk he would gain new appreciation among many on this board.
January 15th, 2006 02:01 AM
Scottfree
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I dont believe that story for a second

90 pints of guinness between 2 people in 3 days is considerable enough, but I seriously would doubt
a) Woody would be dumb enough to do it
b) his body would be strong enough to tolerate it
c) his wife would have let him off the leash for long enough to try it
d) the band would tolerate it (he was on the eve of a tour remember)
e) Jimmy White, who is a close friend who obviously knows about Woody's condition and cares about him, would be irresponsible enough to indulge him like that and
f) any journalist would have been close enough to such a prolonged bender to be in a position to come anywhere near guessing the quantity of booze consumed

Knowing the Daily Star's penchant for exaggeration, someone probably told them that Woody probably had a glass of red wine with his dinner and they duly turned it into a 3 day bender

90 pints divisable by 2 for 3 days, is only 15 pints per person per day, I would say that is casual drinking....
January 15th, 2006 02:18 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

90 pints divisable by 2 for 3 days, is only 15 pints per person per day, I would say that is casual drinking....

BEEN THERE-DONE THAT
January 15th, 2006 02:51 PM
IzzyStradlin
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

the glorification of alcohol by many on this board only betrays their ignorance as to what Woodie is going through

Get over yourself you idiot.
January 15th, 2006 10:17 PM
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck
quote:
Gazza wrote:
His son and manager JAMIE says, "It's very hard, it's a constant battle every day

His son and MANAGER?? Jamie!
Ronnie has his own manager??!
I wonder if Mick and Keith know about this!
January 16th, 2006 04:08 AM
Jumacfly poor Ronnie....What a drag it is getting old
I was just watching the Faces finale yesterday.
This band could have ruled the world. Ronnie on fire!
hang on mate!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)