ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1998 RocknRose
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Open minded and tolerant Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10th January 2007 04:06 PM
glencar There's probably a future John Fucking Kerry in that "Baker's Dozen" of 16 "homo" acapella singers.
10th January 2007 04:13 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
There's probably a future John Fucking Kerry in that "Baker's Dozen" of 16 "homo" acapella singers.

LOL! Just think what they would have done with a future George Fucking Bush if it was a group of Yale cheerleaders!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
[Edited by monkey_man]
10th January 2007 04:16 PM
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Damn, I was just begining to think that maybe you are the Rainman of postin'. I can't understand a thing, but I must admit it's highly entertaining. Good bye #1.

Good bye, but you don't worry, I'll be back in a minute, then someone has gotten to take care about you poor fuckin stinks

BTW, are you sure youre really up to serve this black pearl?

10th January 2007 04:18 PM
glencar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

LOL! Just think what they would have done with a future George Fucking Bush if it was a group of Yale cheerleaders!

Bush is definitely a street fighting man!
10th January 2007 04:20 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
Bush is definitely a street fighting man!

I think you mean Mother's Little Helper. . .
10th January 2007 04:23 PM
glencar You are en fuego today!
10th January 2007 04:24 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
1 wrote:

Good bye, but you don't worry, I'll be back in a minute, then someone has gotten to take care about you poor fuckin stinks

BTW, are you sure youre really up to serve this black pearl?

Oh sure and she seems to like my stench.
10th January 2007 04:26 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
You are en fuego today!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
10th January 2007 04:27 PM
glencar Is that the lead singer from Modest Mouse? I read that he can do that!
10th January 2007 04:29 PM
monkey_man Yo No Se!
10th January 2007 04:43 PM
pdog
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
In Pelosi country you are expected to burn the flag not sing about it!
[Edited by Jumping Jack]

i have a flag in my house, live in SF, love my country... You do not have a copyright on allegiance to the flag, even though Prez Fuckstick will lead you to believe you do.
the tool of tyranny is to divide fellow countrymen, by making them intolerant to those who share different views. That my friend is a million times more unAmerican than burning a flag! Don't think I'm pointing to the right with that accusation, it's on both sides and it's sad, b/c our country was founded on many ideals, one of which is to give voice to a minority or dissenting opinion.
10th January 2007 04:46 PM
glencar Yes but Pelosi's love for America comes with provisos about diversity & a whole buncha other crap. We right minded fellers love this country no matter what. Even though last year's election went against us, we didn't disparage the voters, the system or even the winners. For the past six yeras, your side(not you) got increasingly nasty as it lost each election. 2008 will be interesting. I'm not fond of Mormons but I think Mitt Romney is the best hope for the GOP at this point.
10th January 2007 04:48 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes but Pelosi's love for America comes with provisos about diversity & a whole buncha other crap. We right minded fellers love this country no matter what. Even though last year's election went against us, we didn't disparage the voters, the system or even the winners. For the past six yeras, your side(not you) got increasingly nasty as it lost each election. 2008 will be interesting. I'm not fond of Mormons but I think Mitt Romney is the best hope for the GOP at this point.

The nastiness goes both ways, there were a bunch of sore winners. the real shitty part is that as a country our elections were close, and politicians seem to forget they represent the people who voted aganst them too!
10th January 2007 04:52 PM
glencar I'm not sure they were sore winners at all. Pelosi made a smart decision to maintain cohesiveness. The GOP couldn't hold & the corruption of several members was what broke their majority. But I find that the Dems are STILL nastier even in victory. Look at that asshole Senator from VA. He couldn't maintain civility when meeting the POTUS for the first time. There are other examples but I'm about to pass out from nervous tension. The POTUS is pre=empting Mick's show tonight!
10th January 2007 04:55 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
The POTUS is pre=empting Mick's show tonight!

Yet another reason to hate him blindly!! LOL
10th January 2007 04:55 PM
glencar He's just getting back at Mick for that hotel room fiasco last year!
10th January 2007 06:25 PM
Jaxx
quote:
mojoman wrote:
wasnt marx german?

a german, born in prussia, migrated to france. comes from a long line of rabbis, on both sides of his family, but his father agreed to be baptised as a protestant so as not to loose his respectable lawyers job in the town of trier.
10th January 2007 06:57 PM
sirmoonie Hopefully we will see a rash of copycat crimes from this. Like maybe some forward thinking types get all hacked and liquored up, then beat the living piss out of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
11th January 2007 04:56 AM
corgi37 Here in Australia if you sing the national dirge, er, anthem, we but bees in your ass via plastic tubes.

I think those acapella guys got off pretty lightly.

But what do you expect from a nation that calls a sport "football", hardly actually kicks it, and has more padding than Rosie O'Donnell & more protection than Jesse Jackson.
11th January 2007 09:24 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Jaxx wrote:

a german, born in prussia, migrated to france. comes from a long line of rabbis, on both sides of his family, but his father agreed to be baptised as a protestant so as not to loose his respectable lawyers job in the town of trier.

Trier Germany? I've been there several times. Very close to Luxembourg. It's the oldest city in Germany; very cool. Does not make me a Marxist though!!
11th January 2007 09:46 AM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm not fond of Mormons but I think Mitt Romney is the best hope for the GOP at this point.

Which Mitt are you hoping for? The pro-abortion, pro-gays Mitt or the anti-abortion gay basher? There is no more empty-suited candidate for either party (so far) that will say or do anything to get elected than Mitt Romney. Please reconsider.
11th January 2007 11:21 AM
Maxlugar Joey?

11th January 2007 11:27 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

You are on fire

That's right .

Just keep reading ...... that is all I ask in life !

Please ... Maxy ..... just keep reading and I will CONTINUE to post all of that Gold that you have grown so accustomed to these past thirty - four years .

By the way ........

Ahem , ........ AHEM !!!!!

Er , ...................... material ?!

11th January 2007 12:50 PM
glencar
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Which Mitt are you hoping for? The pro-abortion, pro-gays Mitt or the anti-abortion gay basher? There is no more empty-suited candidate for either party (so far) that will say or do anything to get elected than Mitt Romney. Please reconsider.

I've changed my own opinions about matters over the years. I don't expect any candidates to maintain ideological purity. Now I know you'll kill yer keyboard typing, "What about Kerry last time?!?!?!?!?" but his pandering was legendary & even his own campaign knew he was flawed. His "I voted for the *&*&* before I voted against it" is a classic political faux pas.
11th January 2007 02:04 PM
monkey_man The PoPo protect their own!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/01/11/MNG66NGR4P1.DTL

Fong defends handling of Yale singers' beating case

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Police Chief Heather Fong defended on Wednesday the San Francisco police officers who broke up a street beating of members of a Yale singing group on New Year's Eve, saying they made no arrests because they were unable to find anyone who could substantiate any charges.

Accusations of delay and inaction by police have dogged the incident in the Richmond District that left one member of a renowned Yale University singing group, the Baker's Dozen, with a broken jaw and another with a concussion.

Relatives of some of the victims complained that police moved slowly to investigate the case, which began when uninvited party guests heckled the all-male a cappella singing group and reportedly hurled homophobic slurs at the home of a San Francisco police sergeant and her husband, a retired member of the department. The hecklers mocked the singers as they sang the "Star-Spangled Banner," witnesses reported.

After neighbors broke up the party, at least one of the hecklers allegedly summoned a vanload of friends, who set upon the group and beat them as they were walking back to the home where they were staying.

Chief speaks out

In discussing the case for the first time, Fong said officers who went to the scene detained four individuals and tried to talk to others. But, Fong said, witnesses could not tie the four individuals to the beating, and officers released them.

A dispatch log of the incident, which summarized communications by Richmond station police officers who responded to the scene on 15th Avenue near Lake Street, suggests that at least some of the officers present dismissed the incident as minor.

"All parties want no PD (Police Department) action ... No injuries,'' it says, according to sources familiar with the log.

Fong said she was not familiar with the log entry. She added, however, that officers responded to various locations where witnesses or potential witnesses were being interviewed.

She said it is possible that the "no PD action" was logged by an officer who had interviewed people who were not hurt and that the injured parties were elsewhere.

Fong said police have 50 to 60 more interviews to conduct and still have to review video and photos from the scene.

"When the facts are there and we have individuals providing information specifically saying this person did this, then we ... act. But those individuals weren't there for the officers to interview," Fong said.

Some of the victims have insisted, however, that they pointed out who was responsible and then were told they could leave. "The singers who pointed out the suspects were told, we got it, you can go,'' said a source familiar with the investigation.

The log of the police communications was made as two seriously injured victims -- Sharyar Aziz Jr., who suffered a broken jaw, and an unidentified man -- were on their way to San Francisco General Hospital. Police who interviewed them there said neither man could identify the attackers, police reports show.

Newsom 'deeply concerned'

Mayor Gavin Newsom has spoken with Fong about the incident and "is deeply concerned for what happened to the students from Yale," said his spokesman, Peter Ragone.

"He is confident that the Police Department will engage in a thorough, swift and fair investigation and take the appropriate action. If any laws were broken, that should be dealt with appropriately. If any conduct was unacceptable, that will be dealt with appropriately as well."

Ragone said Newsom was waiting to learn more about the police response before drawing any conclusions. "What often happens in these circumstances is that there's more than one side to every story."

The follow-up investigation into the incident got off to a slow start.

It was not until Jan. 5 that police investigators began to conduct interviews in the case, authorities say. In that time, members of the singing group had left the city.

Reno Rapagnani, a retired SFPD officer whose daughter hosted the party, said he understood that the department's officers might have been overwhelmed on New Year's Eve.

"I'm trying to assist the department,'' he said. "I think any cop or any citizen would do the same thing. I hope.''

Delay in interviews?

But, he said, there continue to be delays in police interviewing the singers.

"It just seems to be taking a lot of time. They assigned inspectors, and they were off for two days. They (the singers) were still in San Francisco for a couple of days. What does that look like? Maybe I'm missing something.''

He said that he pushed the department to investigate and that his wife, a police sergeant who is on disability, took photos of the injuries to the singers.

He gave the photos to police, but on Wednesday he said the police were not satisfied with just obtaining the digital photos. He said the investigators instructed his lawyer to give them the camera.

"He wanted to know what they wanted the camera for,'' Rapagnani said. "There was no answer -- they said something like, we can't give our secrets.''

Rapagnani said he had asked the department's special investigations unit to be brought in but was told that the case did not warrant it.

Whitney Leigh, an attorney representing Aziz Jr. and another singer injured in the incident, Evan Gogel, said the attack was brazen and left four or more singers injured.

"This was an unprovoked, premeditated ambush that was shocking in its senselessness and violence,'' he said.

Leigh said that regardless of the early handling of the case, he believes police now are taking the matter seriously.

"It's important that the victims be given the chance to identify their assailants ... at the earliest opportunity.''

Tina D'Elia of Community United Against Violence, a San Francisco organization that monitors anti-gay hate crimes, reacted immediately to the events, calling the attacks tragic and horrifying.

"This is really serious on a very public level," she said, adding that she has contacted the police department's hate crimes unit about the incident. She said she has left messages at Sacred Heart Cathedral school -- which some of the alleged attackers attend -- offering to send anti-hate violence speakers to talk to students there.

The incident, she said, shows "a level of targeted rage and hatred that is really scary and to me just screams that it is a problem that's not going away. ... If that's not addressed, then what do we have? We have dead bodies."
11th January 2007 02:07 PM
glencar Somebody should get suspended...

<<
The log of the police communications was made as two seriously injured victims -- Sharyar Aziz Jr., who suffered a broken jaw, and an unidentified man -- were on their way to San Francisco General Hospital. Police who interviewed them there said neither man could identify the attackers, police reports show. >>>
11th January 2007 02:25 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:

The Joey is an OUTSTANDING writer

That's right .

Just keep reading .......................

Ho Chi Joe !
11th January 2007 02:27 PM
glencar I hate Joey with every fiber of my being. He's a choir member in waiting. Probably eats crackers.
11th January 2007 02:31 PM
Joey " I hate Joey with every fiber of my being. He's a choir member in waiting. Probably eats crackers."

I just do not understand .

So much hatred ..... when all young Lil' Joey does ......... is Love !

The Joey ( .... he only Loves )

Kins !
11th January 2007 02:37 PM
glencar You are a mere monkey in a jungle of orangutans. It's true!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)