ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

The Bluesbreakers live on stage 1968
Happy 57th birthday Mick Taylor!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Led Zeppelin; cool or not? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 12th, 2006 11:15 AM
glencar Despicable as ever, Joey.
January 12th, 2006 11:21 AM
jb
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

Like I said once before, anyone who posts something like this should take a visit to other fan boards and try praising the Stone there. See how much support they get from fans of other bands, as opposed to how many Stones fans waste their time praising other bands while TRASHING the Stones. Pathetic.

Great post!!!!!!
January 12th, 2006 11:23 AM
glencar The Stones take a beating on the politics board I go to. They hate Sweet NC.
January 12th, 2006 11:48 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Stones take a beating on the politics board I go to. They hate Sweet NC.

They don't even play it..but it was a stupid idea for Mick to even promote a crap song like that...atleast "Highwire" rocked.
January 12th, 2006 11:52 AM
glencar Dangerous Beauty was actually more specific & an actual good song.
January 12th, 2006 11:54 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Dangerous Beauty was actually more specific & an actual good song.

nEVER HEARD IT AS i HAVE NOT LISTENED TO ABB in it's entirety...
January 12th, 2006 11:58 AM
glencar Please do so, post-haste!
January 12th, 2006 12:01 PM
FPM C10 A far better song in every way...only problem being that Lynddie England (spelled wrong, probably, but who cares), far from being a beauty, looks like a pug - and I apologize to all pug owners on the board for this characterization...

...I shudder to think what kind of sick websites would have sprung up to worship her if she HAD been beautiful.
January 12th, 2006 12:03 PM
jb
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
A far better song in every way...only problem being that Lynddie England (spelled wrong, probably, but who cares), far from being a beauty, looks like a pug - and I apologize to all pug owners on the board for this characterization...

...I shudder to think what kind of sick websites would have sprung up to worship her if she HAD been beautiful.

You, SS and Fiji shall be greeted................the question is where and howe?
January 12th, 2006 12:08 PM
Joey " .only problem being that Lynddie England (spelled wrong, probably, but who cares), far from being a beauty, looks like a pug - and I apologize to all pug owners on the board for this characterization..."

January 12th, 2006 12:15 PM
glencar DU.com probably has many threads dedicated to the dangerous beauty.
January 12th, 2006 02:04 PM
Egbert
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

Like I said once before, anyone who posts something like this should take a visit to other fan boards and try praising the Stone there. See how much support they get from fans of other bands, as opposed to how many Stones fans waste their time praising other bands while TRASHING the Stones. Pathetic.

Ihavelotsajam vs. lotsajizz: should this be a "sticky"?
January 12th, 2006 06:04 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
I say no, apart from the 1973 MSG performance- captured on DVD.Nice clothes. A lot of it is fantasy bollocks lyrics for me, Page is better than Plant for me; the riffs really make it, whereas with the Stones its always pretty much equally about Mick as Keith, which makes for overall better music. I know they're very different styles, but I can never understand how they beat the Stones in various "best bands ever" lists.

I stand by my original statement.
January 13th, 2006 08:45 AM
gimmekeef Bands that quit or die always seem to be remembered more fondly after they are gone...In 20-30 years when the true Rock era is looked back on...there will be no doubt that The Stones will be seen by every measurement as the Greatest of all Time!!!!
January 13th, 2006 08:57 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Bands that quit or die always seem to be remembered more fondly after they are gone...In 20-30 years when the true Rock era is looked back on...there will be no doubt that The Stones will be seen by every measurement as the Greatest of all Time!!!!

I think they already are.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)