ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

The Bluesbreakers live on stage 1968
Happy 57th birthday Mick Taylor!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Led Zeppelin; cool or not? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 11th, 2006 09:47 PM
jb The Who are the 2nd greatest band of all time........LZ and U2 are not even close....
[Edited by jb]
January 11th, 2006 09:49 PM
Nellcote JB=improper use of the word IS
Please edit to "The Who are"
Thank you for your time in this sensitive matter
January 11th, 2006 09:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
The Who is the 2nd greatest band of all time........LZ and U2 are not even close....

It is truly a shame that not all here are as wise as us to see this.
January 11th, 2006 09:54 PM
Scottfree
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

simple fact is, u2 are as good as the Stones, and their singers are equally as egomanic as eachother, just in different ways.

Why are you here?
January 11th, 2006 09:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

Why are you here?

many hope to turn Rocks Off into a home for U2/Macca/Led Zep fans! I shall never stop the fight.....U2 makes me sick....my friend SS...says it just right!
January 11th, 2006 09:59 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Egbert wrote:

Didn't Willie Dixon sue 'em for ripping off his stuff without crediting him?

deservedly so...Zep ended up payin'

of course the Glimmer Twins record is not spotless in this regard

OK now

Cazart!!
January 11th, 2006 10:01 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
1st Stones show=07/19/72
$6.50 1st row balcony, Bahston Gahden
My 1st concert ever.
My allegiance to the cause was sealed on that date.

we in RI apologize for the late start you had that night!!

January 11th, 2006 10:06 PM
jb
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

Why are you here?

Great question...it happens on all theother boards..Stones baords turneds into camps for the enemy...Like I alwasy said, if you live and die for them, like most of us here, it's O.K. to criticise...but I won't stand for that shit from people who come here with little or no loyalty to the greatest band in history.....even at age 60 plus!!! They are fucking amazing!!!
January 11th, 2006 10:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Great question...it happens on all theother boards..Stones baords turneds into camps for the enemy...Like I alwasy said, if you live and die for them, like most of us here, it's O.K. to criticise...but I won't stand for that shit from people who come here with little or no loyalty to the greatest band in history.....even at age 60 plus!!! They are fucking amazing!!!

We won gross sales this year...if prices are increased for Fall as we have called for....we can win again!!!!
January 11th, 2006 10:13 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We won gross sales this year...if prices are increased for Fall as we have called for....we can win again!!!!

Do you still have diarhea? Sorry your ill.
January 11th, 2006 10:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Do you still have diarhea? Sorry your ill.

i forced myself to take a shower and try to move around a bit, but i still feel like grim death and that includes certain digestion issues!
January 11th, 2006 10:15 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i forced myself to take a shower and try to move around a bit, but i still feel like grim death and that includes certain digestion issues!

No work again tommorrow..............?
January 11th, 2006 10:16 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

You're on a roll baby! like tuna!
January 11th, 2006 10:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot I probably would like Led Zep if they had a different frontman. Plant's voice is like fingernails screeching across a chalkboard to me.

Jimmy Page is ok. I never thought he was anything superspecial, but he's adequate. JP Jones was pretty solid, and Bonham hit 'em pretty hard. But that rythmn section was not nearly as versatile as Wyman/Watts.

I liken Zep to Kiss. They are great when you are in 6th grade. But once you discover girls...you graduate to the Stones.

>Didn't Willie Dixon sue 'em for ripping off his stuff without crediting him?<

>>deservedly so...Zep ended up payin'<<

Yeah, but who did Willie Dixon rip off in the first place?!? That sumbitch stole more songs than Chicago has pizza joints!

[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
January 11th, 2006 10:21 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:

You're on a roll baby! like tuna!

What really is going to happen in New York? Come to Arkansas ..it will be a blast!!!
January 11th, 2006 10:28 PM
glencar Joshy, I will look into it. I've got lots to do this week though so it'll have to wait until after MSG weekend. It would be my last American show.
January 11th, 2006 10:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

What really is going to happen in New York? Come to Arkansas ..it will be a blast!!!

Perhaps I can do little rock as well....let me look into it
January 11th, 2006 10:57 PM
egon zeppelin sucks
the stones don't suck
i can't sleep
January 11th, 2006 11:01 PM
glencar I had that last week, egon. It's tough.
January 11th, 2006 11:02 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Perhaps I can do little rock as well....let me look into it

If you do it, I will. And let's get Joey too!
January 12th, 2006 06:10 AM
corgi37 LZ are as cool as my balls after a hot summers day in leather shorts, sitting near an oven, with a toaster on, and the kettle boiling, all located in a sauna whilst spot welding.

Though i do like some songs. Well, many of their songs.

Its the fucking flares i hate.
January 12th, 2006 06:31 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
LZ are as cool as my balls after a hot summers day in leather shorts, sitting near an oven, with a toaster on, and the kettle boiling, all located in a sauna whilst spot welding.

lol corgi

quality work
January 12th, 2006 07:32 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, I will look into it. I've got lots to do this week though so it'll have to wait until after MSG weekend. It would be my last American show.

why? are you emigrating to France????
January 12th, 2006 10:55 AM
Avalon Led Zeppelin is cool.Still love them.Great music its one of my fav. bands!!!
January 12th, 2006 10:59 AM
jb Many new posterw who seem to prefer other bands to Stones....please remeber this is #1 Stones baord for people who lik wthe Stones(warts and all) #1..............
January 12th, 2006 11:09 AM
Avalon uuh duh i know
i am a diehard stonesfan for 15 years!!!!!
But this was a Led Zep topic.And they your my opinion about it so i gave it!!
and BTW i am not a new member

[Edited by Avalon]
January 12th, 2006 11:12 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

why? are you emigrating to France????

LOL Not in this lifetime! I think I'm pictured in their post offices with reward money below it. No, I'm guessing this is the last tour.
January 12th, 2006 11:13 AM
FPM C10 I concur with my friend SS on this point - I might even own a Led Zep record if they had some other singer. The rest of the band were good, sometimes nearly great, often adventurous (see Zep III) and inventive (Physical Graffiti). But that singer was a joke. Now that he's too fat to go around with his shirt unbuttoned he's somewhat less ridiculous - SS and I saw him open for the Who in '02 and he was okay.

I liked "Unledded" with the hurdy gurdy player and the Egyptian orchestra. That was sort of cool.

But in a straight up or down vote, Zep is NOT cool in my book.
January 12th, 2006 11:13 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
you fanatacists are like Stalin and Zinoviev and Bukharin arguing fine points of doctrine...like all doctrinaires you come off looking silly

Like I said once before, anyone who posts something like this should take a visit to other fan boards and try praising the Stone there. See how much support they get from fans of other bands, as opposed to how many Stones fans waste their time praising other bands while TRASHING the Stones. Pathetic.
January 12th, 2006 11:14 AM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

But in a straight up or down vote, Zep is NOT cool in my book.

I would like to caress your kneecaps .

For My Baby :

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)