ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

The Bluesbreakers live on stage 1968
Happy 57th birthday Mick Taylor!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MONTREAL TONIGHT.....THE BOYS ARE BACK Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 10th, 2006 10:13 AM
taz22 Good day fellow Rocks Off poster.....

Well....I am sure you can guess that I am excited about the concert tonight....my wife and I leave in the next couple of hours to make the short trek to Montreal.

We are proud shidoobee members ( but equally proud of being rocks off members ) so make sure you monitor the shidoobee board tonight for the set list. Ron In Halifax will be texting Billinct......and if that doesn't work.....I have my cell phone and made arrangements with another shidoobee member to assist as back up.

THE STONES ARE BACK>>>>>LET"S ROCK!!!
January 10th, 2006 10:17 AM
Nellcote On With The Show~Good Health To You!
January 10th, 2006 10:21 AM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
On With The Show~Good Health To You!

Hello Nellcote
( Rocks Off Member )

|
|
|
V

January 10th, 2006 10:30 AM
jb Shame on Montreal..06 opener and wide open...Never again should they play Canada other than Ottawa and Montcon(?)
January 10th, 2006 10:30 AM
Nellcote G'day Mate!
Still seats for Bahston this weekend,
will you be available for greeting
in the City of Champions?
Sully's Bar, across from the Gahden
January 10th, 2006 10:36 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
G'day Mate!
Still seats for Bahston this weekend,
will you be available for greeting
in the City of Champions?
Sully's Bar, across from the Gahden

I will remain at Hotel my friend until driven around 7 to Fleet Center or whatever the hell the name of the place is now.....How many seats are left? Will it sell out or has Boston renounced their loyalty to the Stones?
January 10th, 2006 10:36 AM
glencar Montreal's wide open? Geez, that doesn't sound right...
January 10th, 2006 10:41 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Montreal's wide open? Geez, that doesn't sound right...

They have not sold out....tickets still avaialble for an opener!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unheard of in the past....this is shameful..and a slap in the Stones face...Why they chose to rehearse in Toronto amazes me....my guess is the lack of hand guns and violence compared to US..they feel safer their...but they certainly did not show any loyalkty to the band oother than Montcon and Ottawa....Montreal not sold out, Rogers(11k empties).................wow!!!
January 10th, 2006 10:41 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

They have not sold out....tickets still avaialble for an opener!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unheard of in the past....this is shameful..and a slap in the Stones face...Why they chose to rehearse in Toronto amazes me....my guess is the lack of hand guns and violence compared to US..they feel safer their...but they certainly did not show any loyalkty to the band oother than Montcon and Ottawa....Montreal not sold out, Rogers(11k empties).................wow!!!

January 10th, 2006 10:42 AM
glencar Is Canada in a recession? I can't believe their lack of support. Or is it your figures I should doubt?
January 10th, 2006 10:42 AM
Nellcote JB, the streets are wild with activity.
Between the buzz of the Pats,
Manny staying in town,
Mitt posturing for Pres,
Jay Severin back on the radio,
Charles Laquidara returning to radio,
and two Stones shows this week sandwiched between the Pats,
top this off with your impending arrival in town, how can it get much better?
January 10th, 2006 10:43 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Beautiful -and for the Cohls'(brilliant Candasian jes) a little token of our appreciation for how they still, with smoke and mirrors, filled up most venue and won the US Gross...
[Edited by jb]
January 10th, 2006 10:46 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Beautiful -and for the Cohls'(brilliant Candasian jes) a little token of our appreciation for how they still, with smoke and mirrors, filled up most venue and won the US Gross...
[Edited by jb]

" Paper the House Ronnie ! "

January 10th, 2006 10:49 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB, the streets are wild with activity.
Between the buzz of the Pats,
Manny staying in town,
Mitt posturing for Pres,
Jay Severin back on the radio,
Charles Laquidara returning to radio,
and two Stones shows this week sandwiched between the Pats,
top this off with your impending arrival in town, how can it get much better?

So Sun day will be full or close thereto?
January 10th, 2006 10:50 AM
Madafaka Finally, tonight is THE night!
January 10th, 2006 10:51 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

So Sun day will be full or close thereto?

|
|
|
V
January 10th, 2006 10:51 AM
taz22 Canada is actually doing very well financially......I think holding on to the available tickets for too long of a period turned many people off.....they sucked a number of them into buying 'limited view seats' and now you can get $160.00 tickets for $130.00.....clearly the ticket strategy in Montreal did not work.....

On another note.....having the concert in Ottawa might have had an affect on Montreal ( as Ottawa only 1 hour away ) and if people have monitored the set lists as of late figured why pay another crap load of money to see the same show.

I'm not bitchin' just stating facts that other than the hardcore stones fans ( myself included ) the soft support of others might have been affected by what I have listed above.
January 10th, 2006 10:59 AM
glencar Taz, I'm sure your set list will have at least 2 songs different tonight from the Ottawa show...
January 10th, 2006 11:57 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Taz, I'm sure your set list will have at least 2 songs different tonight from the Ottawa show...

a whole 2 different songs!!! Wow that'll be crazy!!!

and some people claim that the Stones are just mailing it in....

pffftt!
January 10th, 2006 11:59 AM
jb
quote:
taz22 wrote:
Canada is actually doing very well financially......I think holding on to the available tickets for too long of a period turned many people off.....they sucked a number of them into buying 'limited view seats' and now you can get $160.00 tickets for $130.00.....clearly the ticket strategy in Montreal did not work.....

On another note.....having the concert in Ottawa might have had an affect on Montreal ( as Ottawa only 1 hour away ) and if people have monitored the set lists as of late figured why pay another crap load of money to see the same show.

I'm not bitchin' just stating facts that other than the hardcore stones fans ( myself included ) the soft support of others might have been affected by what I have listed above.

I believe it holds 20k...........I suspect substantially less if the $130's are not moving..........sad day for the Stones and Montreal,...first tour opener not sold out,,,,,,,,humiliating.
January 10th, 2006 12:09 PM
erikjjf
quote:
jb wrote:
I believe it holds 20k...........

It held 16k in 1998, when they had the 360 degree seating.
So with the end-stage setup, it should hold around 14k.
January 10th, 2006 12:14 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

It held 16k in 1998, when they had the 360 degree seating.
So with the end-stage setup, it should hold around 14k.

And still wide fucking open Swedish Erik...thanks for the humiliating update!!!
January 10th, 2006 12:16 PM
taz22 20,000 is for hockey......capacity is 17,800 for the concert set up
January 10th, 2006 12:39 PM
jb
quote:
taz22 wrote:
20,000 is for hockey......capacity is 17,800 for the concert set up

So, 15, 123?
January 10th, 2006 12:42 PM
mickmask Hey!
Look on the bright side!
At least INXS is sold out!! (Covers head and runs...)

mm.
January 10th, 2006 12:45 PM
Jumping Jack Nice tongue Joeykin. Think I will borrow it for a while! Thanks.
January 10th, 2006 12:50 PM
jb
quote:
mickmask wrote:
Hey!
Look on the bright side!
At least INXS is sold out!! (Covers head and runs...)

mm.

That is truly embarassing..how much are the tickets?
January 10th, 2006 01:03 PM
mickmask Why?...Wanna go?

MM.
January 10th, 2006 01:25 PM
Gimme Shelter It will be a sell out before showtime.
January 10th, 2006 01:36 PM
Joey " Nice tongue Joeykin. Think I will borrow it for a while! Thanks."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by ss ]
[Edited by Joey]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)