ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

The Bluesbreakers live on stage 1968
Happy 57th birthday Mick Taylor!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MONTREAL TONIGHT.....THE BOYS ARE BACK Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 10th, 2006 10:18 PM
sbarctogevi Hey, numbnuts, you have serious issues bashing this band that we all truly love.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/entertainment/5730063/detail.html

They set the record for the largest grossing tour in history last year. Drink a beer, listen to Let it Bleed and chill out rather than trying to beat up on our heroes.

Also this stuff about enemy lists and greeting or not greeting is a load of crap. It is so transparent. Spread the love and not the hate.
January 10th, 2006 11:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
sbarctogevi wrote:
Hey, numbnuts, you have serious issues bashing this band that we all truly love.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/entertainment/5730063/detail.html

They set the record for the largest grossing tour in history last year. Drink a beer, listen to Let it Bleed and chill out rather than trying to beat up on our heroes.

Also this stuff about enemy lists and greeting or not greeting is a load of crap. It is so transparent. Spread the love and not the hate.

we have won for now, U2 is a distant second...i suggest we raise prices for a fall leg of the tour and crush our own record.

I shall greet only a select, prescreened few in Chicago at Billy Goat Tavern on Jan 23
January 11th, 2006 06:52 AM
corgi37 Here's a good idea. Why dont they charge the expected 1.5mill people in Rio, say, $5.00 a pop. Call it a "beach music tax". That will add to the coffers, and further boost this tour to a almost unassailable #1 spot for the future.
January 11th, 2006 07:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Here's a good idea. Why dont they charge the expected 1.5mill people in Rio, say, $5.00 a pop. Call it a "beach music tax". That will add to the coffers, and further boost this tour to a almost unassailable #1 spot for the future.

You have a lot of Young Jake in you...this is why you are the king!!!!!!
January 12th, 2006 10:40 AM
M.O.W.A.T. Concerning the attendance figures: Who gives a shit. Really, unless you were there (and I was), what makes you think it was a bust? From where I was sitting, the place was packed.
January 12th, 2006 10:41 AM
glencar That's all I need to hear!
January 12th, 2006 12:25 PM
taz22 Well said MOWAT!!!
January 12th, 2006 12:49 PM
jb
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
Concerning the attendance figures: Who gives a shit. Really, unless you were there (and I was), what makes you think it was a bust? From where I was sitting, the place was packed.

I care..want to know if it sold out or not..it may not matter to you, but I am into the #'s...just like others are into the song selections, torrents, guitar chords, etc...Bottom line, not 100% sold out..................................Montreal, imo, did not come through.
January 12th, 2006 12:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I care..want to know if it sold out or not..it may not matter to you, but I am into the #'s...just like others are into the song selections, torrents, guitar chords, etc...Bottom line, not 100% sold out..................................Montreal, imo, did not come through.

Sadly, add another to the list of "non stones towns" And what really irritates me is that the band seemed to take a few more risks on the setlist that some previous shows
January 12th, 2006 01:19 PM
raincoming OK guys let's breath through the nose.
I was at the Montreal show and it was COMPLETELY packed. They lit up the audience a lot and one could see it was full.
It was technically sold out for ages. I bought a ticket from a scalper for $525 and the guy next to me had got his ticket a few days before the show when they released some more.
It was an awesome show. They were in great spirits.

raincoming

Setlist
10 Jan 2006 - Centre Bell

Jumpin' Jack Flash
You Got Me Rocking
She's So Cold
Tumbling Dice
Oh No, Not You Again
As Tears Go By
Rain Fall Down
Midnight Rambler
(Night Time Is) The Right Time (Ray Charles)
This Place is Empty
Happy
Miss You
Rough Justice
Get Off Of My Cloud
Honky Tonk Women
Sympathy For The Devil
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar

Encores

You Can't Always Get What You Want
Satisfaction
January 12th, 2006 01:34 PM
jb Did you see JC?
January 12th, 2006 01:59 PM
gimmekeef JC..you mean JC Tremblay the old Montreal Canadiens defenceman?.....
January 12th, 2006 03:34 PM
polytoxic You know what the deal is with sellouts/not-sellouts etc. It's the fucking ticket prices plain and simple. I love reading JB's posts and all because I think they're incisive and entertaining, and his comments on the boys "coasting" are on the money, in fact he;s spot on about most things -the new album etc. But anyways, If you were in Montreal the last couple of days you'd know the Stones show was all EVERYONE was talking about. Shopkeepers, sreet people, cabbies and mostly the KIDS. It's a Stones town, like many others. We drank at bar with a big University crowd, the Peel Pub, full of 18-22 year olds and everyone we talked to WISHED they could be going to the show, knew who the Stones were and LOVED their tunes. They knew about songs like Live With Me and Jigsaw Puzzle too, not just Miss YOu & Start Me UP. They knew about Memory Motel ("Do you think they'll play that"),
but guess what... they don't have a PRAYER of buying a good ticket at these prices, let alone convincing all their friends to come along. They were BUMMED they couldn't afford it -They're college kids- they buy pitchers of shit draft and eat Kraft Dinner. If ticket prices were like 75 bucks even the place would be PACKED and not just with balding, middle agers thinking they still rock but with the RABID YOUTH ROCKING OUT TO NO END. What a difference it would make. There might even be a good old fashioned riot.
The old farts would be AFRAID FOR THEIR SAFETY from the partying kids listening to a BAND THEY LOVE. Too bad they CAN'T AFFORD IT. And too bad a new generation misses out on cool rock. If the college kids could see this then BLINK 182, GOOD CHARLOTTE, LINKIN PARK and all those LOSER BANDS would be squeegeeing windsheilds.
[Edited by polytoxic]
January 12th, 2006 03:43 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
polytoxic wrote:

but guess what they don't have a PRAYER of buying a good ticket, let alone convincing all their friends to come along. They were BUMMED they couldn't afford it. If ticket prices were like 75 bucks even the place would be PACKED and not just with balding, middle agers thinking they still rock but with the RABID YOUTH ROCKING OUT TO NO END. What a difference it would make.
The old farts would be AFRAID FOR THEIR SAFETY from the partying kids listening to a BAND THEY LOVE. Too bad they CAN'T AFFORD IT. And too bad a new generation misses out on cool rock. If the college kids could see this BLINK 182, GOOD CHARLOTTE, LINKIN PARK and all those LOSER BANDS would be squeegeeing windsheilds.

WELL SAID! True, true. Post of the young year!

when you go to a Stones show, the energy isnt the same as with other bands shows. The old farts staring blankly with thier hands in their pressed khakis suck the life out of the arena. Other bands have young, rabid fans. It gives off a better vibe.

I gotta tell you it weirds me out to go to a Stones show and have a pair of 50 yr olds on my left and a family with their 7 yr old kids on my right. It fucking blows!

I've been seated next to parents at shows with their children with them and have been scolded by the parents for sparking up. WTF??? They can go fuck themselves. Its a rock concert not Muppets On Ice!
January 12th, 2006 03:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

WELL SAID! True, true. Post of the young year!

when you go to a Stones show, the energy isnt the same as with other bands shows. The old farts staring blankly with thier hands in their pressed khakis suck the life out of the arena. Other bands have young, rabid fans. It gives off a better vibe.

I gotta tell you it weirds me out to go to a Stones show and have a pair of 50 yr olds on my left and a family with their 7 yr old kids on my right. It fucking blows!

I've been seated next to parents at shows with their children with them and have been scolded by the parents for sparking up. WTF??? They can go fuck themselves. Its a rock concert not Muppets On Ice!

Shame on you! As a parent, i cannot tell you the value of continuing to teach your children not to spark up!
January 12th, 2006 03:56 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Shame on you! As a parent, i cannot tell you the value of continuing to teach your children not to spark up!

shame on them!

if you are concerned that your child will be exposed to adults doing drugs, than a rock concert is the LAST place you should take them!

seriously.
January 12th, 2006 05:06 PM
Lazy Bones Jb only wishes that the Stones shared their love of Toronto and Montreal with any US city south of New York. Pisses him right off!

Remember where they opened the second leg in 2003? Real fans drove through a winter storm in Eastern Ontario that day to see them. You there? No! Empty seats? No. So fuck off!!

Time for a new spatula for your shit cauldron, don't ya think...

Oh, hey, look...my 2100 post! A dandy one, too....
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
January 12th, 2006 06:09 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

shame on them!

if you are concerned that your child will be exposed to adults doing drugs, than a rock concert is the LAST place you should take them!

seriously.

AMEN a million times over!!!
It would be like taking your kids to an NFL tailgate party and complaining about them being exposed to alcohol abuse. It's the adults responsibilty to make an informed choice about what children may be exposed to and to either educate them properly about it or not expose them to it by not taking them. Smoking joints, yelling and dancing isn't freakin' Altamont- it's just getting your Rocks Off and I believe this board IS called Rocks Off, no? Wanna explain that one to the kiddies? Muppets on Ice indeed.

Bart: "Hey what's that smell?"
Lisa: "It smells like Otto's jacket"
--Homerpalooza
[Edited by polytoxic]
[Edited by polytoxic]
January 12th, 2006 06:41 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

shame on them!

seriously.

AMEN a million times over!!!
It would be like taking your kids to an NFL tailgate party and complaining about them being exposed to alcohol abuse. Get Real. Nobody wants to fight through an Altamont nightmare to see a show but we are talking about rock'n'roll here, and I believe this board IS called Rocks Off, no? Wanna explain that one to the kiddies?
January 12th, 2006 09:13 PM
jb
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
Jb only wishes that the Stones shared their love of Toronto and Montreal with any US city south of New York. Pisses him right off!

Remember where they opened the second leg in 2003? Real fans drove through a winter storm in Eastern Ontario that day to see them. You there? No! Empty seats? No. So fuck off!!

Time for a new spatula for your shit cauldron, don't ya think...

Oh, hey, look...my 2100 post! A dandy one, too....
[Edited by Lazy Bones]

\
I rarely use profanity in my posts..yet they seem to illicit such vitriolic responses...Your "fuck-off" comment was not necessary or appreciated. I will spare the board and you a reponse in kind. The bottom line, you need to not take verbatim everything I post. It's all really just a game for me. Oh, and did I tell you, you are one of the few people that I really have no desire to greet.....and I'm 100% serious about that. That makes you vey special......eh?
January 12th, 2006 10:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
\
I rarely use profanity in my posts..yet they seem to illicit such vitriolic responses...Your "fuck-off" comment was not necessary or appreciated. I will spare the board and you a reponse in kind. The bottom line, you need to not take verbatim everything I post. It's all really just a game for me. Oh, and did I tell you, you are one of the few people that I really have no desire to greet.....and I'm 100% serious about that. That makes you vey special......eh?

Sadly, even when we lay it out right in front of them, many still don't "get it"
January 12th, 2006 11:18 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
jb wrote:
\

Spare me your bullshit, Josh. You've been warned in the past to refrain from insulting comments regarding nationally. Your continued Canada-bashing posts not only justifies my anger but also slaps me in the face with your meaningless apologies of the past.

Do you really think that I or anyone else wants to be "greeted" by someone that insults them. Your all-mighty, fictional personality goes no where with me.

People play many games, Josh. Sure. Insulting people is one I care to refrain from. You, on the other hand, embrace it. So spare the what-did-I-do-wrong attitude when deeming what is or isn't necessary.

January 13th, 2006 09:41 AM
jb [quote]Lazy Bones wrote:

Spare me your bullshit, Josh. You've been warned in the past to refrain from insulting comments regarding nationally. Your continued Canada-bashing posts not only justifies my anger but also slaps me in the face with your meaningless apologies of the past.

Do you really think that I or anyone else wants to be "greeted" by someone that insults them. Your all-mighty, fictional personality goes no where with me.

People play many games, Josh. Sure. Insulting people is one I care to refrain from. You, on the other hand, embrace it. So spare the what-did-I-do-wrong attitude when deeming what is or isn't necessary.

[/quote
Your characterization of my comments may have been incorrect. I have made fun of Canadian ticket sales as I have of many U.S cities including my own. If you actually were insulted and think I was disparaging Canadians, my apologies...but I seriously doubt that you would take my meaningless sales posts seriously. Nonetheless, your use of vulgarity towards me was not appreciated or warranted. I don't like being spoken to that way. I have meet hundreds this tour and have never had a problem with anyone. In fact, some prior board "enemies" have become real life friends. No one has come up to me and told me to "fuck off".......I guess there can alwasy be a first.
Lastly, as a very passionate Jew, I can understand that when you think someone is disparaging your nationality or your religion, you can become very upset. Again, that was not my intention in posts like "Canada let the boys down". I hope this clarifies the matter as I would feel remorse if you actually felt I had anything against you or your great country. Also, seeems to me there were far more serious posts regarding US/Canada relations regarding the Iraq war. My comments, who everyone knows are tounge and cheek, pale in comparison to some of the stuff posted at that time.

[Edited by jb]
January 13th, 2006 10:02 AM
Joey " Your characterization of my comments may have been incorrect. I have made fun of Canadian ticket sales as I have of many U.S cities including my own. If you actually were insulted and think I was disparaging Canadians, my apologies...but I seriously doubt that you would take my meaningless sales posts seriously. Nonetheless, your use of vulgarity towards me was not appreciated or warranted. I don't like being spoken to that way. I have meet hundreds this tour and have never had a problem with anyone. In fact, some prior board "enemies" have become real life friends. No one has come up to me and told me to "fuck off".......I guess there can alwasy be a first.
Lastly, as a very passionate Jew ......... "

January 13th, 2006 10:16 AM
jb Thank you Joey..........
January 13th, 2006 10:25 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Thank you Joey..........

For My Baby ! :

You are much loved by the Joeykins !

January 13th, 2006 10:30 AM
jb This time in Boston and New York, I really don't want to be involved with anyone. My generousity has run thin...If this is the way I am going to be treated, I have had it. I won't be rude , and I am traveling with my son, but please, all of you stay away from me. The remainder of this tour is for me and my family....i have tried to b e overwhemingly polite, couteous, and generous to many...but I see that no good deeds go unpunished.
January 13th, 2006 10:40 AM
Nellcote I shall tell my people not to approach your people.
If you see a way differently, contact my people, who will contact me.
I will determine the position of the moon, temperature,
Tom Brady's well being, make a decision to greet or not to greet.
Deal?
January 13th, 2006 11:22 AM
Joey

I just took my mid - morning dump

Snuggle to the Joe
January 13th, 2006 11:27 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

how can anyone bash a country that has given us Neil Young and Big Sugar??

the world would suck without their music in it.

speaking of which...

hey Lazy,
just heard that Govt Mule is down in Austin to record their new album with Gordie Johnson as the Producer!!!!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)