ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden - January 16, 2003

Shannon Stapleton/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Virgin Radios top 100 Brittish Acts Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-11-03 09:15 AM
corgi37 Aww, i loved Kings of the Sun. "Penthouse PEts with hair on their chests was one description of them. I thought they were good, kind of our Aerosmith. 1st time i saw them was at the Corner Hotel. They did a killer version of Respectable. I met them a couple of years after that, and the Hoads (drummer and singer are brothers and drummer is very, very Keith Moonish and good) and their fave band is the Stones. But, in reality, i was only joking about Aussies being best. We really are a lame bunch at the moment. Still cant believe we didnt vote for a republic. We'll always be 2nd rate Poms. But, at least we aint 2nd rate Aussies, like the Kiwis are (fuch end cheps, eh?).
01-11-03 09:57 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Aww, i loved Kings of the Sun. "Penthouse PEts with hair on their chests was one description of them. I thought they were good, kind of our Aerosmith. 1st time i saw them was at the Corner Hotel. They did a killer version of Respectable. I met them a couple of years after that, and the Hoads (drummer and singer are brothers and drummer is very, very Keith Moonish and good) and their fave band is the Stones. But, in reality, i was only joking about Aussies being best. We really are a lame bunch at the moment. Still cant believe we didnt vote for a republic. We'll always be 2nd rate Poms. But, at least we aint 2nd rate Aussies, like the Kiwis are (fuch end cheps, eh?).

Another take on the Aussie situation Corgi, is this; with the exception of The USA& Canada, no other nation has achieved so much in so little time. In a mere 200 years they have become ready to join the rest of the world in all aspects of life, political, cultural, and financial.....but, for a country that has had so much exposure to British& American popular music over the years, and from time to time produced many great musicians itself, today there is a surprising paucity of good Australian musical talent that gets beyond the clubs, and pubs if they even get that far. Much of it, of course has to do with the current trends in music, but having said that we seem to slavishly follow the worst trends in everything, from hooligan behaviour at sporting matches, to the likes of 'POPSTARS' GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST