ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Olympiastadion, Berlin, Germany - 21st July 2006
© with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who was your first ... fanhood? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
14th December 2007 06:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, by 1968 I started to hate those clowns and also started to listen all the good rock my brothers brought home, including Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Steppenwolf, Janis Joplin etc

In 1969 I bought my first album (LP) "Led Zeppelin II" before I only used to buy 45 RPM singles (7")
14th December 2007 06:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl One more thing about the Monkees and me as their fan LOL, all the singles 7" I bought were PICTURE SLEEVES and used all the sleeves to stick thhem in my notebooks and my home desk.
14th December 2007 07:26 PM
Sioux
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
One more thing about the Monkees and me as their fan LOL, all the singles 7" I bought were PICTURE SLEEVES and used all the sleeves to stick thhem in my notebooks and my home desk.

Awwwww, I think that's cute! lol
14th December 2007 08:19 PM
guitarman53
quote:

Well, before listening the Monkees I listened other bands like the Beatles, but was more into the Monkees (1966-1967), I listened the Stones the first time in 1966 too but they were not on the radio. However I also became a fan of the Stones and the Beatles

The radio stations used to make phone battles between the Beatles and the Monkees and I always voted by the clowns LOL. I always watched their ugly TV programs and remember how good time I had, I was only 10 years old

Pathetic, probably the ugliest moments of my life.

To be Honest, as bad as The Monkees were, I prefer them over KISS, they once had Frank Zappa on their T.V. show, they got pretty high on drugs before their T.V. show ran out, if I can remember their only movie was called "Head" & it was directed by Jack Nicholson, they (except Davie Jones) were high as kites, Jimi Hendrix toured with them after Monterey Pop, but was pulled off because the Mothers of these little tenny boppers were concerened by Hendrix stage sexuality, all the Monkees objected, except, of course, by Davey Jones.
14th December 2007 08:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Nobody's perfect... I guess so

Check "The Monkees Appreciation Thread" we had here http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/04-25-2007/236037-1.html
14th December 2007 08:52 PM
guitarman53 Thanks Voodoo, I never knew about this.
14th December 2007 08:57 PM
pdog I like alot of The Monkees music, I never liked Kiss...
Of the hundreds of re-issues and CD to replace my old vinyl, I've never repurchased Frampton, and I've bought some stuff and asked myself, what was I thinking, I just ruined a memeory, and this band sucks!
oh well......
14th December 2007 09:33 PM
Nellcote

There are photos of your typist playing "broom guitar" with other family members on cardboard drums, with Beatle wigs playing...them. John was the only one who did it for me at the time. The Stones took over soon, however, after my parents got a look at them, no dice. We could watch the Beatles on Sullivan, but for the Stones, I had to sneak around the corner of the room to watch them, when I knew they were it. Too cool for school. My brother had the goods, as he saw them in '65, so I could get into his room to listen to the lp's, right to '68, where I could sing Stray Cay Blues all day long. So long bugs....

14th December 2007 09:59 PM
PartyDoll MEG I never liked the Monkees. Maybe because I was gonna marry Paul... They were just a cheap imitation of the real thing and their lyrics were even sappier than the Beatles!!!

My first LP was the Beatles. I remember watching all the Ed Sullivan shows and the news clips of the Beatles, buying the Teen Magazines..but I never cut out photos and/or decorated my room with them..then again I never did that with any of my favorite Rock and Roll groups. The Stones were a guilty pleasure much like Nellcote described and my interest in them took over when I realized the Beatles songs were so cheesy. My parents would never buy me one of their albums. I had to wait until I had my own money for that... but then there was always the radio..
14th December 2007 10:08 PM
Nellcote I will admit to liking the Partridge Family, because of:

A. Susan Dey
B. The bus
14th December 2007 10:21 PM
PartyDoll MEG The Partridge Family, Nelly?

Oh I can't talk...because I mentioned "sappy" music..so how could I have owned several "Lettermen" Albums?

Thank God all evidence of my youthful listening pleasures were destroyed when our basement flooded...
14th December 2007 10:50 PM
Nellcote Yes, it is true, The Family.
About that time, I was starting to break from the shackles of horror the nuns had on myself.
I was transitioned to the life I lead now via The Chilites, Blood, Sweat & Tears, Three Dog Night, Dr. Hook & The Medicine show, and Maggie May. A head shop opened in our town, Buddah's Bazzar. Lots of crazy stuff, smells, etc. I bought this:

and everything changed.....
14th December 2007 10:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The first J. Geils Band album is one of the best albums ever... love the version of Serves you right to suffer

Full house was also in my top list back then; great we switched LOL
14th December 2007 11:07 PM
Nellcote Wait, Pack, Fair & Square, Homework, a troika which is tough to beat. I'm tuning up for a Christmas gig next week with these...This is how it was last New Years, when I was given a fun pass....

Dr. Voodoo, funny you should note this.
Please check your Biggest Bang package when it arrives.
Thank you for your support & cooperation!
15th December 2007 10:05 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great album covers on the wall Nelly, specially Lion's Share (Savoy Brown), Bark (Jefferson Airplane), Cricklewood (Ten Years After). I've got my own album to do (Ronnie Wood), Street Corner Talking (Savoy Brown again), also Bob Dylan, Beatles, too bad you have CCR there LOL
15th December 2007 10:16 AM
Nellcote Voodoo, that's my buddy's hideout.
He's got everything...major music junkie..
He's a singer/songwriter, has a my space with a new Christmas song.
Have a look~have a listen....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=164726937
15th December 2007 03:46 PM
monkey_man
quote:
The first J. Geils Band album is one of the best albums ever... love the version of Serves you right to suffer

Full house was also in my top list back then; great we switched LOL

Bloodshot is a great album too!
17th December 2007 01:45 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
KISS was the worst crap of all time.

Well yes, I realize that now.

But not all time, there's worse!

Kiss had some good ones, like Mr. Speed, Christine 16, Charisma and...

Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)