ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Đ 1962, 2007 Someone there!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bridges to Babylon, can any experts help Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
3rd January 2007 12:29 PM
GotToRollMe Jesus. And back then I thought $85 was highway robbery, and $150/$300 was out of the question. Little did I know that less than 10 years down the line I'd consider $150 a bargain to see these guys. Great Caesar's Ghost!
3rd January 2007 02:51 PM
glencar I've saved all my ticky stubs save one that got thrown in the wash inadvertently. My collection is (neatly) disbursed throughout my house but I swear I paid $300 all the way back in 1997.
3rd January 2007 04:27 PM
Gazza well..you probably did if it was for the Jan 1998 MSG shows!

It wasnt until the '99 tour that EVERY show was at that level, though.

3rd January 2007 04:53 PM
glencar Nah, this was Nov. 1997 in Vegas. I remember thinking $300 wasn't what the seat was worth.
3rd January 2007 05:00 PM
Soldatti
quote:
marko wrote:
2006,it didnīt swing anymore,it rocked,no swing or no groove.
2 most important things from their music was missing.

That's the word, SWING. They had a lot of it during the B2B tour, ZERO during the last tour.
3rd January 2007 05:04 PM
glencar Yes, this tour was horrid! They finally rocked & the guitars were way up & still, some bitch.
3rd January 2007 05:15 PM
Soldatti The sound system sucked too, in 1998 it was awesome, 6 years later at the same stadium was another story.
3rd January 2007 09:03 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
The sound system sucked too, in 1998 it was awesome, 6 years later at the same stadium was another story.

The sound system was better in '98, you say? Is technology the problem - or the band?
3rd January 2007 09:57 PM
gotdablouse Must say it's a mystery to me, it has to be the system they're using, maybe they're cutting on costs, who knows, but man was the sound crisp in the huge Oakland Stadium in November 97 ! On the negative side, Ronnie was not playing much though, but I wasn't surprised since he was not playing much in Longchamps in 95 when I had last seen them.
3rd January 2007 09:59 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Must say it's a mystery to me, it has to be the system they're using, maybe they're cutting on costs, who knows, but man was the sound crisp in the huge Oakland Stadium in November 97 ! On the negative side, Ronnie was not playing much though, but I wasn't surprised since he was not playing much in Longchamps in 95 when I had last seen them.

Sound systems in stadiums will never be perfect, and can change literally from section to section. Seeing any band in such a venue, on any given night, is bound to be a more subjective experience than most.
3rd January 2007 10:11 PM
pdog Oakland last year sounded fantastic, and the band was firing like a V8 with Keith occasionally hitting the turbo.
3rd January 2007 11:47 PM
glencar I've noticed no problems with the sound on the last 2 tours myself but I must admit my hearing has suffered some loss in the last 5 years.
4th January 2007 05:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nah, this was Nov. 1997 in Vegas. I remember thinking $300 wasn't what the seat was worth.

Yes..I believe you're right. Vegas was an arena show and they used the size of the venue (and the city) as an excuse to do a high priced show there too. They were $100, $200 and $300

In fact, on the Voodoo Lounge tour which was otherwise all stadiums in the US, I think the shows at the MGM in Vegas were significantly higher priced too. Maybe not to the same degree, though.
4th January 2007 07:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Speaking as one of those mugs(!), I paid $300 for the 1997 Las Vegas show. I paid less for better seats at other shows.

You were among the first to do so and therefore are directly to blame for how things are now.

I believe that in politics this was known as the 'domino effect'.

I hope you're ashamed!
4th January 2007 08:17 AM
lotsajizz yes pdog, the bootleg of Oakland confirms it...11/06 was a very good show...as i said before, they improved on most every show last tour....

now if only I can edit out that screamin' woman through much of the b-stage set!!!

4th January 2007 08:52 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Gazza wrote:

You were among the first to do so and therefore are directly to blame for how things are now.

I believe that in politics this was known as the 'domino effect'.

I hope you're ashamed!

Thanks Blue. How do you sleep at night??
4th January 2007 09:23 AM
glencar I plead guilty. I was trying to make up for all the shows I missed in my youth. BTW "Domino" was a crappy movie!
4th January 2007 09:35 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
glencar wrote:
I plead guilty. I was trying to make up for all the shows I missed in my youth. BTW "Domino" was a crappy movie!

I understand that. I still can't get over the fact that I did not have the nuts in 9th grade to ask my parents if I could go see them in Orlando in 81'. I was grounded a lot. I also missed the Steel Wheels tour when I was stationed in Germany (they played Germany right after I left). So, Voodoo Lounge was my 1st.

Never heard of that flick, but thanks for the info.
4th January 2007 10:49 AM
glencar I only had the $$$ to see them once in 1981 & then I didn't have the time to see them more than once in 1989. I missed 1994 tour so when 1997 came around, I thought, "Let's go!!!!"
6th January 2007 06:06 PM
Bruno BTB has one of their best ballads ever: Always Suffering.
6th January 2007 06:18 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Bruno wrote:
BTB has one of their best ballads ever: Always Suffering.

I like it too, but it's not much-admired around here, I don't think.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)