ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1962, 2007 Someone there!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bridges to Babylon, can any experts help Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
2nd January 2007 04:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Is that whole thing - from the ride over the bridge to the press conference and songs - available on DVD anywhere? I've got it on VHS but it'd be nice to have on disc.

I have it on video, but it could easily be converted.
2nd January 2007 04:14 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I have it on video, but it could easily be converted.

It could, eh? We'll just have to work something out then...

2nd January 2007 05:41 PM
Soldatti If we compare both tours, ABB and B2B, the band rocks harder now but they still had the "roll" during the B2B tour, see IORR on St. Louis for more details.
2nd January 2007 06:20 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
If we compare both tours, ABB and B2B, the band rocks harder now but they still had the "roll" during the B2B tour, see IORR on St. Louis for more details.

The first night at Soldier Field is pretty tremendous too.
2nd January 2007 06:31 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

The first night at Soldier Field is pretty tremendous too.

I always liked the No Security album, played that CD a lot when it came out.
2nd January 2007 06:46 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yep..and until a few weeks before the album came out, that was the title

according to IORR, 16th July detailed "Flip the Switch" (Blessed Poison was the working title) and "Bridges to Babylon" as the album title in two separate news "flashes"...

http://www.iorr.org/news-1.htm
2nd January 2007 06:50 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

I always liked the No Security album, played that CD a lot when it came out.

Yes! No Security - I really regret missing that one (along with the Licks tour - ouch!)
2nd January 2007 06:52 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Yes! No Security - I really regret missing that one (along with the Licks tour - ouch!)

...midnight rambler on the b-stage is one of my stones' live highlights!
2nd January 2007 06:52 PM
Gazza LOL..and the quite horrific title "ROCK" was also on the cards at one point (see July 2nd). Ugh.
2nd January 2007 07:05 PM
GotToRollMe ROCK? You're just trying to get me to go into the archives so I get lost for days...lol!

And Lazy, you're makin' me feel worse by the second for missing that damned tour!

Help me, Ronnie!

2nd January 2007 07:17 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
And Lazy, you're makin' me feel worse by the second for missing that damned tour!

sorry!

at least i didn't mention that my toronto ticket was 4 rows from the side of the stage...that would have probably really rubbed it in.

2nd January 2007 08:21 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
LOL..and the quite horrific title "ROCK" was also on the cards at one point (see July 2nd). Ugh.

It was a good option IMO, U2 released Pop the same year.
2nd January 2007 08:27 PM
Gazza Ah that would explain it. Yes.

Guess it was a little joke - cant imagine them wanting to actually be accused of 'following' U2.
2nd January 2007 09:27 PM
gotdablouse What was great about that period too was the fantastic sound. I remember being blown away at the Oakland show (3rd one I believe), extremely crisp. 5 years later at the small Pacbell park in SF the sound was horribly, muddy and weak. Wonder what happened to the sound system they were using.

The NS tour was nice for the Arenas, the two San Jose shows were marvellous, then yes been downhill ever since in terms of relevance and ABB didn't help, too little too late.

For the relevance to remain, they should have never toured in 2002 without a full new album and it seems they had it in them based on the songs Mick could have saved from Goddess and the fruitful sessions in Suresnes (remember Keith said it was the best stuff they had done in years...well at least 5!)
2nd January 2007 09:30 PM
mrhipfl how much were ticket prices back then?
2nd January 2007 09:48 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
how much were ticket prices back then?

my ticket stub says $101.50 (CDN)
3rd January 2007 06:16 AM
gotdablouse I seem to remember something like $110 for some excellent seats I'd gotten via one of the guys (Chelskeith if memory serves) on the UC list, anyone know if that list is still around. Lots of good stuff came out of these digests, especially ChrisM's previews of famous boots like the Voodoo Brew/Stew/Residue series...and also some fruitless exchanges with Karnbach's "stooge" when we were pointing out basic mistakes in his 97 book.
3rd January 2007 07:49 AM
glencar
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

It could, eh? We'll just have to work something out then...

I just happen to have recently bought a VHS-to-DVD recorder. I know I have the press conference on tape somewhere & I can send a copy once I find it.
3rd January 2007 07:51 AM
glencar
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
I seem to remember something like $110 for some excellent seats I'd gotten via one of the guys (Chelskeith if memory serves) on the UC list, anyone know if that list is still around. Lots of good stuff came out of these digests, especially ChrisM's previews of famous boots like the Voodoo Brew/Stew/Residue series...and also some fruitless exchanges with Karnbach's "stooge" when we were pointing out basic mistakes in his 97 book.

I paid $300 for several shows. I also paid $90. The BTB tour was the first one wherein I attended many, many shows.
3rd January 2007 07:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

I think all US prices on BTB were around $65, although by 1998 they 'experimented' with higher prices for indoor shows at MSG and then 2 months later tried the $300 top price 'experiment' for a show in Chicago (even though they were playing a rearranged show in Syracuse the same week which had regular BTB prices)

Unfortunately, enough mugs stumped up the cash, so we've had the insanity taken to increasingly new levels ever since.

Ticket prices on No Security ranged from behind the stage seats for $40 (not much different to the carefully re-named 'on stage experience' costing about 15 times more on the recent tour) to $300, with seats in between at $90 and $125. Average ticket price on NS tour was $109.
[Edited by Gazza]
3rd January 2007 08:16 AM
glencar Speaking as one of those mugs(!), I paid $300 for the 1997 Las Vegas show. I paid less for better seats at other shows.
3rd January 2007 08:18 AM
marko They sounded are played a lot better on BTB tour,than ABB
or on licks tour.
I really liked very much of 2005 tour,but 2006 was horrible.2005 august i tought,that we´re at least getting a
new "voodoo" tour.
They played too much,in too short period.
BTB was fantastic.Set list alone.
2006,it didn´t swing anymore,it rocked,no swing or no groove.
2 most important things from their music was missing.
3rd January 2007 08:41 AM
Honky Tonk Man I love what I've seen and heard from the Bridges To Babylon tour. Keith was still verey nimble with his fingers back then. Check out the Bremen '98 DVD!
3rd January 2007 09:00 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

My tickets for the B2B MSG shows were $87.50, but they were off the floor. Dunno what the floor seats were going for back then.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
3rd January 2007 09:03 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

sorry!

at least i didn't mention that my toronto ticket was 4 rows from the side of the stage...that would have probably really rubbed it in.

Don't make me come up there...
3rd January 2007 09:24 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I love what I've seen and heard from the Bridges To Babylon tour. Keith was still verey nimble with his fingers back then. Check out the Bremen '98 DVD!

That tour was AMAZING. They were firing on all cylinders back then. I still remember seeing them bring the keyboard out for Mick at MSG and thinking, "Good God, they're gonna do Memory Motel"...and they did! First time I saw them use the B-stage, too...and they played stuff like "Carol" and "Little Red Rooster" on it...and that huge "bridge" that they walked over to get to it...even the sound of the hydraulic lift the first time I saw it...damn, I loved those shows.

quote:
glencar wrote:
I just happen to have recently bought a VHS-to-DVD recorder. I know I have the press conference on tape somewhere & I can send a copy once I find it.

Thanks, Glenny! Yer a prince!

3rd January 2007 09:55 AM
chevysales
quote:
pdog wrote:

Think of the extra money that they would've made made during Tattoo You, with real artists inking people at concession stands!

nowadays you would be rite on the money as no way they pass on that income
3rd January 2007 10:08 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Saban takes the loot, never to return to the NFL.
'Phins hire Mora JR, or wait for another Belichik
protege to fall from the tree after playoffs.

hi to my friend from champions country...
fuck...i am sick... been gutted. but being a true fan this organization is bigger than saban... it will survive albeit at the bottom of the food chain for some years to come.

waiting on presser rite now live via net and nflnetwork.

saban=punkass liar... dec 21,2006 "i am not going to be the alabama coach"... did nothing in two years...

can't blame him on cpep as all drs agreed in and out of the nfl that he will hit field before brees-we now see how that worked out!
but the rest of his draft picks this year couldn't even get on the field till game 16!
in worse shape then before he got here... many steps backwards...

saban now the mosted hated man in soflo sports...

stories abound that he and his family hate the soflo life style... good luck in tuscaloosa... backwater town??? who knows but definetly not greater dade-broward county for sure.

we true fans are hoping for cam cameron of chargers or wisenhut of steelers.

up and coming asst. no more college coaches that can't cut it!

mora jr???? no way jose. he was dumb enough to say he wanted to go to college ranks... excellent story online at si.com by peter king on the saban thing and coaches intentions...tuesday morning quarterback.

and please beat the hell out of the jets this week... i will be cheering for pats (please don't tell anyone).

============================================

and for prices on B2B we paid face for most shows and were blessed with good seats wether thru brokers or ticketmaster... except orange bowl in miami... third eye blind-smashing pumpkins-dave mathews band... 4th row dead center next to walkway $500 each and i would have paid double!
we were next to a couple of lawyers and thier dates who paid $1,000 each for 4 tix.... and no it wasn't jb.

that was long day for a concert all bands delivered especially the headliner!
[Edited by chevysales]
3rd January 2007 10:11 AM
chevysales
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Great tour, even with Ronnie being 'in absentia' for chunks of it. Superb stage show, excellent setlists despite it being primarily in stadiums, great new record with some of the new songs (Out of Control and Saint of Me) developing into crowd favourites and great value for money.

For me, BTB was the last bonafide tour where the Stones genuinely toured behind a new release and were not a nostalgia act and also when they were still aiming the show at their fanbase instead of a older and more select group of high rollers.

and i absolutely loved the opening... the ring of fire...the explosion... and keith in those shades and that coat. one of my favorites.
3rd January 2007 12:19 PM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

My tickets for the B2B MSG shows were $87.50, but they were off the floor. Dunno what the floor seats were going for back then.

MSG tickets for January 1998 were $300, $150, $85, $50, $30
The ticket sales for the club show at the Hard Rock in Vegas in Feb'98 were sold on a lottery system. I think they were priced $500 and $250. Chicago United Centre in April '98 was $300, $200 and $100, I think.

Otherwise the prices were around $65 for the 1997-98 American shows.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)