ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Jill Furmanovsky
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Super Bowl dancers with Rolling Stones can't be over 45 Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 4th, 2006 03:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
moy wrote:
Super Bowl dancers with Rolling Stones can't be over 45

Detroit — Mick Jagger and his band mates may be nearing senior citizenship, but Super Bowl planners only want people who are under 46 to take the field during the Rolling Stones' halftime show at Ford Field on Feb. 5.

People are asked to apply in groups of 20 or more and be at least 18 years old and no older than 45. Signup is under way on the website of Star Flow Entertainment, the company organizing the volunteers.

HA! I just realized that the under 45 age cut-off automatically eliminates 3/4 of the board members on this site from entering!!!!!

ya old farts!
January 4th, 2006 03:39 PM
parmeda
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
HA! I just realized that the under 45 age cut-off automatically eliminates 3/4 of the board members on this site from entering!!!!!

ya old farts!

Don't go pissin' yer pants just yet Sway...I could still get in there.

And if I was over the age limit...I'd still get in!
Bet the farm on it
January 4th, 2006 03:42 PM
glencar She would. I bet Saint Sway would get turned away "No Grungy Black Crowe Tees Allowed!"
January 4th, 2006 03:44 PM
LadyJane
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Don't go pissin' yer pants just yet Sway...I could still get in there.

And if I was over the age limit...I'd still get in!
Bet the farm on it

The ENTIRE ROCC could easily get in.

LEGALLY!!!!!

Light bulb.....we need to sign up!!!!!!!

LJ.
January 4th, 2006 03:45 PM
glencar Do it, ladies! Do it!
January 4th, 2006 03:56 PM
texile depressing...
but funny as shit -
i wasn't going to watch anyway for all the reasons saint listed....
can you imagine the jokes?
January 4th, 2006 03:58 PM
keefjunkie if you add 30 years to my age i still make the cutofff

beat that!
January 4th, 2006 04:00 PM
Nellcote Hey Parmeda!
Could you see a rematch of Pats vs. Bears
at Super Bowl Extra Large?
I'm confident the game would be closer than '85...
Plus, It's The Stones!
I'm angling for ducats now...
January 4th, 2006 04:50 PM
parmeda
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hey Parmeda!
Could you see a rematch of Pats vs. Bears
at Super Bowl Extra Large?
I'm confident the game would be closer than '85...
Plus, It's The Stones!
I'm angling for ducats now...

I have pondered that same thought many times over the past few weeks...you in? ...lmao!
January 4th, 2006 04:54 PM
Nellcote One of the four chaps I went to the '02 Super Bowl in Nawlins approached me about it over this past weekend.
While Motown is not The Big Easy, it's not hard to consider
when the 1/2 time show is the best band in the land...
Developing, as they say....
January 4th, 2006 04:56 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

ya old farts!

I hope you die, before you get old!

January 4th, 2006 05:48 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

I hope you die, before you get old!

why dontcha y'all f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-fade away!
January 5th, 2006 01:49 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
moy wrote:

People are asked to apply in groups of 20 or more and be at least 18 years old and no older than 45. Signup is under way on the website of Star Flow Entertainment, the company organizing the volunteers.

This Superbowl thing is going to be a freakin fiasco, I'm almost afraid to watch, lets just hope this crowd they're recruiting is going to be a bit more alive and enthusiastic than that bunch of pot-bellied, dead fucks they had front and center at the AMA disaster
January 5th, 2006 03:59 AM
gorda When I read a similar article like this one on www.mickjagger.com, I got upset.

I'm in my mid-30's so I meet the age requirement.

I just don't know 20 people that can take time off from work to attend five, 7 hour rehearsals.

Also, I don't think I could rush the field, I'd be out of breath by the time I got to the stage, I wouldn't be able to cheer or dance! I'd probably just stand there gasping for air!

P.S. I don't think the Stones have anything to do with the audience selection, it's the NFL officials.
January 5th, 2006 02:39 PM
gimmekeef I'm way over the 45 limit....and much too wise to consider such a stupid thing..Imagine some young fuck tellin me how to dance and clap for the Stones....f'innn insult if ever there was one!..Besides Keith in High Definition will be a bigger scare than Janets boob....specially that early in the day...
January 5th, 2006 02:42 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Besides Keith in High Definition will be a bigger scare than Janets boob....specially that early in the day...

as a tribute to Janet, Keith is going to wear her nipple ring dangling from his hair.
January 5th, 2006 03:07 PM
gimmekeef The Boob Lure!
January 5th, 2006 04:17 PM
glencar LOL I wonder if any of them Botoxed over the recent Christmas break? That hi-def stuff will tell the truth.
January 5th, 2006 04:34 PM
parmeda I LOVE THIS BOARD!

...you guys think of EVERYTHING!

(lmfao)
January 5th, 2006 04:46 PM
Some Guy no comment
January 6th, 2006 09:24 PM
iluvmickjagger07 damn. im just one year too younge. i think they should make an acception for me and my friends
January 7th, 2006 02:44 AM
Child of the Moon I *TOTALLY* hope they do that Jumping Jack Flash song!!11!1!
January 7th, 2006 05:17 AM
JumpingKentFlash It's not a bad idea to have young people on the pitch only. They go wild just because they know they're on TV in front of millions, so that's cool. And I wouldn't want oldies standing there screaming that Ronnie isn't Taylor, that they don't play like they used to and stuff like that. I mean: What would it look like if the world found out that the so-called Stones fan group is mostly made of moaners who really only like them from 1962 to 1978. That would suck a King Kong monkey ball.
January 7th, 2006 07:10 AM
stonesmachine Superbowl 40

Colts vs Giants

Colts will win

oops my bad, would have been cool to watch the Mannings battle
[Edited by stonesmachine]
January 7th, 2006 08:28 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown I say some of us over 45 should CRASH the party!!
January 9th, 2006 10:30 AM
moy Age no bar for The Rolling Stones now!

London: It seems that the organisers of The Rolling Stones gig at the Super Bowl have finally seen reason and lifted the ludicrous ban on people above 45 from attending the show.

The ban seemed bizarre and drew much critisizm from various quarters due to the fact that the youngest member of the Stones' band is 58 and thir combined age is 246.

People over 45 were initially not invited to take to the field and dance during the concert, as the task was considered too physically demanding.

“We wanted to open it up,” a US National Football League (NFL) spokesman Brian McCarthy said.

The 2,000 audience members for the event in Detroit on 5 February will be required to enter and exit the field of play quickly. There will be no seating and participants will be on their feet for long periods of time.
January 9th, 2006 10:36 AM
glencar Next year the combined Stones' ages will be 250?!?
January 9th, 2006 01:23 PM
Jumacfly they sould ask for old people in wheelschair if they want them to leave the field quickly...
January 9th, 2006 01:44 PM
pdog
quote:
stonesmachine wrote:
Superbowl 40

Colts vs Giants

Colts will win

oops my bad, would have been cool to watch the Mannings battle
[Edited by stonesmachine]

Denver will win it all. And I hate The Donkeys!!!
January 9th, 2006 07:48 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown Good News! They Revoked the Age thing for the Superbowl. See contactmusic.com to find out, I can't get in there right now.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)