ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Second Leg!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: For Who fans.. Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 2nd, 2006 03:32 PM
highwire Well, according to original post at top of page it seems Pete in his convoluted way has committed to a tour this year and promises new material. However theyv'e proved they are back and can do a monster show with the recent tours. If Pino and Zach are still in the band especially, these should be great shows in 06. Mixing up the set list would help too along with the new songs. Looking forward to it. Hope they play Toronto. They skipped us in 04 although that wasn't a huge tour. If its a big tour they'll be here otherwise I'll chase em down somewhere.
January 2nd, 2006 03:36 PM
pdog If I can i'll try to go... Last time they played here, I wasn't really into seeing thme based on their prices, venue and lack of new material...
I do love the band alot, but like most bands with dead memebers, John and Keith were the reason I loved them. The band was a bass and drum, out front band. When I listen to them that's what I hear and why I loved. Pete and Roger accompanied the rhythm section, which is rather unique and very cool...
January 3rd, 2006 11:14 AM
Joey
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
I read this news not too long ago on Pete's website. I love reading his diary posts - many of them are extremely sarcastic and knees-up funny. Pete will always be a hero of mine, and I hope to catch Who2 (or whatever they call themselves in their new Everly Brothers format) this year.

Enjoy !!! : Message From the Chairman of the Board

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=231&zone=diary

January 4th, 2006 03:37 AM
highwire I didn't know his hearing was that bad. At least he's making the best of it. Take your time Pete!
The encouraging news though seems to be that live rock shows won't make fans deaf.
Just stay away from headphones as much as you can.
January 4th, 2006 06:30 AM
IanBillen [quote]pdog wrote:
If I can i'll try to go... Last time they played here, I wasn't really into seeing thme based on their prices, venue and lack of new material...
I do love the band alot, but like most bands with dead memebers, John and Keith were the reason I loved them. The band was a bass and drum, out front band. When I listen to them that's what I hear and why I loved. Pete and Roger accompanied the rhythm section, which is rather unique and very cool...

True,

The Who are 90% rythm. Most folks don't realize it. Their entire song stucture is totally rythm based. As most songs are....but The Who's music is so heavy on rythm their isn't a whole lot of melody whatsoever.

All the better for their sound though. It is The Who.

Ian
January 4th, 2006 02:23 PM
Joey
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
[quote]pdog wrote:
If I can i'll try to go... Last time they played here, I wasn't really into seeing thme based on their prices, venue and lack of new material...

True,

The Who are 90% rythm. Most folks don't realize it. Their entire song stucture is totally rythm based. As most songs are....but The Who's music is so heavy on rythm their isn't a whole lot of melody whatsoever.

All the better for their sound though. It is The Who.

Ian

There has been some EXCELLENT Posting on this thread -- Good Job Everyone .

IanBillen , please do not tell anyone , but you are rapidly becoming one of my favorite posters around here -- I have got my eye on you this week .

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Joey
January 4th, 2006 03:49 PM
glencar As per usual, we just disagree...
January 4th, 2006 04:49 PM
pdog There's no Who w/o Moon and Entwhistle...
Pete and Roger accompanied them...
January 4th, 2006 09:16 PM
gypsymofo60 Great news! Long live Uncle Pete and rog'. And to all those 'OOh detractors; in the words of the man himself," you wouldn't know art if it jumped up and crawled up your arse."
January 5th, 2006 09:34 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Great news! Long live Uncle Pete and rog'. And to all those 'OOh detractors; in the words of the man himself," you wouldn't know art if it jumped up and crawled up your arse."

January 5th, 2006 09:52 AM
Jumping Jack "There's no Who w/o Moon and Entwhistle...
Pete and Roger accompanied them..."

Your statement is incorrect. See this for proof:

The Who 7/27/02 Camden, NJ Pro-Shot (1 DVD) A+

'kins as resident 'Ooo expert can confirm. Word!!!
January 5th, 2006 10:25 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
pdog wrote:
There's no Who w/o Moon and Entwhistle...
Pete and Roger accompanied them...

there s no Stones without Bill and Charlie!
January 5th, 2006 10:57 AM
Joey " The Who 7/27/02 Camden, NJ Pro-Shot (1 DVD) A+

'kins as resident 'Ooo expert can confirm. Word!!!"

One of the Joey's favorites !!!!!!!!!!

YES !!!!

|
|
|
|
V

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)