ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Clapton Bio Return to archive Page: 1 2
29th December 2007 12:39 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I read one of those books by Heidi Fleiss's girls. They said Henley was a real bastard. He'd do tons of coke, then line up five or six girls and take turns doing them. They said they couldn't wait for him to pass out, so that they could leave.

that's a good story
29th December 2007 03:37 PM
gypsy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

So hookers write the truth then?.....thats refreshing....cause ya cant have enough honest twats.....

I believe those whores over Don Henley any day.

If he really cared about Walden Pond, he wouldn't have blown all of his money on hookers and cocaine.
30th December 2007 08:43 AM
Honky Tonk Man Clapton is a wonderful guitarist, he was in The Yardbirds, Bluesbreakers and Cream and of course, someone who has suffered great turmoil in his life. This should all make for an interesting personality; yet, he is one of the most excruciatingly boring people I’ve seen interviewed. Anyone here catch him on the David Frost show a few months back? He looked like a bank manager and they way he was droning on about how he was ‘saved from drink’, was like he was a born-again Christian.
30th December 2007 01:25 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Clapton is a wonderful guitarist, he was in The Yardbirds, Bluesbreakers and Cream and of course, someone who has suffered great turmoil in his life. This should all make for an interesting personality; yet, he is one of the most excruciatingly boring people I’ve seen interviewed. Anyone here catch him on the David Frost show a few months back? He looked like a bank manager and they way he was droning on about how he was ‘saved from drink’, was like he was a born-again Christian.

He does seem boring (but to me he's like George Harrison in that respect: laid-back and simple, rather than strictly "boring"), even when he appears to be drunk (see: http://youtube.com/watch?v=dwZpx1L4US0 , as "boring" as ever). However, I like Clapton, and one of the reasons is that, from what I've seen and read from him, he presents himself as an average person.
30th December 2007 01:52 PM
Joey
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Clapton is a wonderful guitarist, he was in The Yardbirds, Bluesbreakers and Cream and of course, someone who has suffered great turmoil in his life. This should all make for an interesting personality; yet, he is one of the most excruciatingly boring people I’ve seen interviewed. Anyone here catch him on the David Frost show a few months back? He looked like a bank manager and they way he was droning on about how he was ‘saved from drink’, was like he was a born-again Christian.

I would much rather pay to hear Pete Townshend and Keith Richards play electric guitar than Clapton .

I mean Eric is a lovely player but I want some friggin FEELING ... some PASSION !

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

Passion Joe ! ™
30th December 2007 02:05 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

(see: http://youtube.com/watch?v=dwZpx1L4US0 , as "boring" as ever)

Wow cool interview, never seen that before, sobriety may have saved his life, but it killed his creativity, he hasn't put out a decent album since 89's Journeyman
30th December 2007 02:25 PM
Highwire Rob And don't forget the Dirty Mac in the list of band membership under Clapton R&R trivia questions.

30th December 2007 03:00 PM
Bloozehound Good trivia, but does the Dirty Mac really count as a "true band"
30th December 2007 06:36 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Clapton is a wonderful guitarist, ... yet, he is one of the most excruciatingly boring people I’ve seen interviewed.

actually HTM these days,imhmfo, clapton is a pretty boring guitar player too - in fact i saw a video just the other night of a benefit done about 1999 - its dullness was overwhelming - and i've no reason to believe much has changed since then

sure he still has the quick fluid fingers but unfortunately, it seems to me, absolutely nothing to say

two of his warhorses Crossroads and Layla were so insipid as to be an insult to the spirit in which he initially played them

30th December 2007 08:11 PM
Joey
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

actually HTM these days,imhmfo, clapton is a pretty boring guitar player too - in fact i saw a video just the other night of a benefit done about 1999 - its dullness was overwhelming - and i've no reason to believe much has changed since then

sure he still has the quick fluid fingers but unfortunately, it seems to me, absolutely nothing to say

two of his warhorses Crossroads and Layla were so insipid as to be an insult to the spirit in which he initially played them

Hello S.I.A.

30th December 2007 08:56 PM
mojoman
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

Wow cool interview, never seen that before, sobriety may have saved his life, but it killed his creativity, he hasn't put out a decent album since 89's Journeyman

decent? i'd go with backless which wasn't exactly rockin. the fire burned out after the sessions for the second dominoes lp. but what a run he had....
31st December 2007 05:59 AM
Honky Tonk Man Well stonedinaustralia, I do agree in a way. I still believe he is an excellent guitarist, yet the recent performances I have watched on you tube have indeed been uninspired. Check out his rendition of Hideaway from John Mayall’s 70th birthday concert. Timid beyond belief! I enjoyed the rendition of Cross Roads from Cream’s reunion at the Albert Hall a couple of years back. It was clear that he’d slowed down, but he still sounded committed.

Another thing I do admire about Clapton, is that he has admitted that he is no longer the guitarist he was of yesteryear. He talked about how he was watching you tube videos of himself a decade ago and how it hit him that he can “no longer play like that”. The interview is you tube somewhere.

He’s still like a bank manager though
31st December 2007 08:59 AM
Gazza
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Yes, it's true.

Apparently, Don still sends her a bouquet of flowers every year on that day. I'm not kidding.
Why would anyone want to be reminded of their abortion?

That may explain why its so hard to find 'Primitive Cool' on CD these days....
31st December 2007 11:30 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

That may explain why its so hard to find 'Primitive Cool' on CD these days....

Gazza ...............................

You are on FIRE these days .

I have NEVER seen you post so powerfully in all these forty -three years of solid , SOLID Internet posting .

'kins.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)