ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Clapton Bio Return to archive Page: 1 2
28th December 2007 09:37 AM
gimmekeef Just finished this and its a fine read imho.Very introspective and at times brutally honest.Not a lot of witty tales etc one might expect to find in Ronnie or Keiths but a very good account of his life and trials.Highly recommend it to his fans or anyone wanting an insight into the way bands evolved and fell about in 60's through 70's.Fine account of the delibilitating effects of alcohol on his life and career as well.I was always ticked off when I saw him in Buffalo in 74 and he hardly appeared onstage or played at all.The book says thats the night Pattie finally joined him and he was totally re-occupied and loaded with booze more than usual.I've sent in my refund request.........
28th December 2007 09:47 AM
Highwire Rob The latest RS magazine had something about him and a fat virgin witch!? What was Eric thinking?
28th December 2007 09:55 AM
guitarman53 That's a book I want to get, & I'm very interested in it, thanks for the imput.
28th December 2007 09:55 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
The latest RS magazine had something about him and a fat virgin witch!? What was Eric thinking?

That part was hilarious..he was some fucked up....
28th December 2007 10:08 AM
glencar fat virgin witch = latter-day Stevie Nicks?
28th December 2007 10:20 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

That part was hilarious..he was some fucked up....

28th December 2007 11:06 AM
mojoman cause I got high
28th December 2007 11:09 AM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Fine account of the delibilitating effects of alcohol on his life and career as well.I was always ticked off when I saw him in Buffalo in 74 and he hardly appeared onstage or played at all.The book says thats the night Pattie finally joined him and he was totally re-occupied and loaded with booze more than usual.I've sent in my refund request.........

Was Keith Moon mentioned at ALL ?!

" Full Flight Ronnie !!! "

'kins
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:
cause I got high

You are much loved by Joey
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
fat virgin witch = latter-day Stevie Nicks?

You are on FIRE!!!

Did you know she aborted Don Henley's baby? I kind of like her for that alone.

Best Henley yet!
28th December 2007 11:12 AM
Joey [quote]gypsy wrote:

[quote ]

I love abortion .

" The Baby's name was ' Sarah ' Ronnie ! "

The Sassy Tree ! ™
28th December 2007 11:21 AM
gimmekeef Clapton thought he was a big league boozer..Then saw Moon in action and referred to himself as a lightweight....for you Joey
28th December 2007 12:05 PM
The Wick Did he say anything about his friendship with Mick now or was it just about how he wanted to kill him at the time for nicking Bruni?
28th December 2007 01:03 PM
glencar Stevie Nicks & Don Henley? Now I've lost mucho respect for her. Was it a 1 night stand thingy?
28th December 2007 01:09 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
.....Was it a 1 night stand thingy?

Frig No !!!!!!!

We are talking " Love 'em and Lear 'em Don " here ......

BEST HENLEY YET !!!!!!

Sassy Tree !
28th December 2007 01:09 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Clapton thought he was a big league boozer..Then saw Moon in action and referred to himself as a lightweight....for you Joey

gimmekeef ...........................

I would like to nuzzle you
28th December 2007 01:10 PM
glencar Henley usually went for the 13 year olds, you know. Sick twisted & bad songwriter to boot!
28th December 2007 01:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Henley usually went for the 13 year olds, you know. Sick twisted & bad songwriter to boot!

Sounds exactly like a certain bass player!
28th December 2007 01:26 PM
glencar LOL Bullseye!
28th December 2007 01:28 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Clapton thought he was a big league boozer..Then saw Moon in action and referred to himself as a lightweight....for you Joey

Keith Moon showed up this week at ' The Skywalk ' on the Western Rim of the Grand Canyon . I just looked around and he was THERE ( Yes , with a double Brandy in his hand )

'kins. Est 1999 --- and loved by everybody
28th December 2007 01:29 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Sounds exactly like a certain bass player!

** ? **

Who ?!
28th December 2007 01:44 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Joey wrote:

** ? **

Who ?!

The one with a glued grip to his monkey....
28th December 2007 04:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:

LOL. I didn't know that.
Although she may have deprived the world of the next Jesus Christ, Beetoven or Einstien.
28th December 2007 04:57 PM
glencar or henley...
28th December 2007 05:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
or henley...

Don's not so bad...he cares deeply about the environment.
28th December 2007 05:06 PM
Dan The local library has this (and Ronnie) but they are both checked out. I will read them for sure eventually. I love rock star autobiographies.
28th December 2007 08:09 PM
Paranoid_Android I got the book from my Secret Santa at the club I work at. I cannot wait to read it...i plan to start it next month...during the long weekend (MLK). Heard really good things about it...
28th December 2007 11:14 PM
gypsy
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

LOL. I didn't know that.
Although she may have deprived the world of the next Jesus Christ, Beetoven or Einstien.

Yes, it's true.

Apparently, Don still sends her a bouquet of flowers every year on that day. I'm not kidding.
Why would anyone want to be reminded of their abortion?
28th December 2007 11:16 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Henley usually went for the 13 year olds, you know. Sick twisted & bad songwriter to boot!

I read one of those books by Heidi Fleiss's girls. They said Henley was a real bastard. He'd do tons of coke, then line up five or six girls and take turns doing them. They said they couldn't wait for him to pass out, so that they could leave.

On the contrary, they claimed Glenn Frey was a great lover and quite a gentleman.
29th December 2007 10:02 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I read one of those books by Heidi Fleiss's girls. They said Henley was a real bastard. He'd do tons of coke, then line up five or six girls and take turns doing them. They said they couldn't wait for him to pass out, so that they could leave.

On the contrary, they claimed Glenn Frey was a great lover and quite a gentleman.

So hookers write the truth then?.....thats refreshing....cause ya cant have enough honest twats.....
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)