ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Michael Ochs
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Saddam - Send me to the Gallows Pole in 30 days Ronnie! Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th December 2006 03:52 PM
steel driving hammer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraq's highest appeals court on Tuesday upheld Saddam Hussein's death sentence and said he must be hanged within 30 days for the killing of 148 Shiites in the central city of Dujail.

26th December 2006 04:21 PM
rasputin56 148 Shiites? That's it? Damn, those pesky insurgents are doing a better job than he did on a weekly basis. Just yesterday they added 40 more to their tally. Rank amateur he was. Then again, at least Saddam had the decency to dump his victims in mass graves rather than on the random street corner like the current mass murderers are doing.
26th December 2006 04:40 PM
Drewby
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
148 Shiites? That's it? Damn, those pesky insurgents are doing a better job than he did on a weekly basis. Just yesterday they added 40 more to their tally. Rank amateur he was. Then again, at least Saddam had the decency to dump his victims in mass graves rather than on the random street corner like the current mass murderers are doing.

Saddam Hussein Shed the blood of 180,000 Kurds in addition to the 148 Shiites he ordered killed.
26th December 2006 04:50 PM
Erik_Snow The number of people killed by a massmurder is not important in trials, because they have to come up with waterproof evidence for each and every killing....there's not much difference between killing 100 and one million...you're guilty of man-slaughter anyway.
148 people could mean from 148 people to 100000000 people. People who were responible for those mass-killings in the 2nd world war, were charged for a very low number of killings.
Saddam deserves a big penalty, but nobody has the right to kill another person, IMO, it's sick to hang/shoot somebody, and call it justice.
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
26th December 2006 09:56 PM
stonestom Well put Erik Snow. I consider myself a conservative but its sooo damn uncomfortable thinking about the death penalty.
27th December 2006 02:52 AM
Drewby
quote:
stonestom wrote:
Well put Erik Snow. I consider myself a conservative but its sooo damn uncomfortable thinking about the death penalty.

I am a conservative and I dont believe the death penalty should exsist....I believe every human being should have a right to live their life in full. I caught my inspiration for this theory from Pope John Paul the second.
28th December 2006 02:11 AM
glencar It's time to go, Saddam...
28th December 2006 05:27 AM
lotsajizz they should televise it here as well.....

28th December 2006 05:35 AM
FotiniD "History" and "justice" are very subjective words nowadays (or were they always?). If he should be found guilty and put to death, what about all the "mistakes" made by the other side, e.g. civilians killed "accidentaly" and all that bull?

Not to mention I find kind of [funny? ridiculous? telling?] the whole US politics handling of Sadam. Once trained by us, then an ally, now an enemy and so on.

And yes, I too completely disagree with the death sentence, regardless of one's actions. No-one has the right to take a human life and the whole sentence in itself is self-contradictory: we find someone guilty for comitting a crime. Well, by taking his/her life ourselves, doesn't that make us guilty as well? It's a crazy, immature, ancient concept.
28th December 2006 10:29 AM
glencar Ancient yet immature? Interesting concept. I'm not a hardcharging guy in favor of the DP myself but removing that vermin is the right thing to do. And I don't recall that the US trained Saddam. We were wrongly allied with him at one point until his megalomania became a problem. The world is full of tinhorn dictators & you never know which one is going to ramp it up to full scale tyranny. One day Hitler's a joke & the next day he's Bad Boy #1!
[Edited by glencar]
28th December 2006 03:52 PM
bon jovi
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
"History" and "justice" are very subjective words nowadays (or were they always?). If he should be found guilty and put to death, what about all the "mistakes" made by the other side, e.g. civilians killed "accidentaly" and all that bull?

Not to mention I find kind of [funny? ridiculous? telling?] the whole US politics handling of Sadam. Once trained by us, then an ally, now an enemy and so on.

What about the U.S. and other allied countries (including Greece) supporting Stalin against Hitler? Funnily enough I have never heard any of these leftie,"pacifist" types saying how "wrong" was that.I wonder why.
Let me ask you another question:
How would your country prevent Turkey from taking the Aegean Sea islands if it wasn't under the protection of the evil imperialist United States of America and the NATO?
Be careful about what you are asking for.You may get it.

quote:
And yes, I too completely disagree with the death sentence, regardless of one's actions. No-one has the right to take a human life

You are so right! No one has the right to take a human life even if it's in self-defense. And remember, don't ever call the police under any circumstances.

quote:
and the whole sentence in itself is self-contradictory: we find someone guilty for comitting a crime. Well, by taking his/her life ourselves, doesn't that make us guilty as well? It's a crazy, immature, ancient concept.

Oh I see. I'll go a little further and suggest that criminals should never put in jail or punished any other way for their actions. After all, that make us guilty as well and "Justice" is only a subjective word anyway.
28th December 2006 03:57 PM
Dan I am pro DP myself but for some reason I can't take any pleasure or comfort in this one. Especially since the whole war was a farce.
28th December 2006 04:50 PM
gimmekeef I have no sympathy for this guy...but while we're all about cleaning up the world lets be consistent.How about the atrocities committed by the Saudi Royal Family and....Syria...African genocides...I mean....theres work to be done!....
28th December 2006 04:51 PM
glencar What hath King Fahd done this time?
29th December 2006 02:57 AM
FotiniD
quote:
bon jovi wrote:

How would your country prevent Turkey from taking the Aegean Sea islands if it wasn't under the protection of the evil imperialist United States of America and the NATO?
Be careful about what you are asking for.You may get it.

Well, we got the Greece-Turkey Survivor game now, and the great love of Selim and Nadia uniting the two countries! Nothing can come between us now! See for yourself:

Sorry, could resist replying to all the other remarks and starting a virtual fight just before 2007, but not this one, baby!

Wonderful nickname too
[Edited by FotiniD]
29th December 2006 03:04 AM
glencar In the NY area, many Turks are running our gas stations. Don't ask me why!
29th December 2006 10:04 AM
rasputin56 I thought Hillary said it was just dotheads?
[Edited by rasputin56]
29th December 2006 11:51 AM
glencar That's the 7-11's. There's an actual hierarchy to all these arrangements.
29th December 2006 01:12 PM
Jumping Jack FLIP THE SWITCH!
29th December 2006 01:25 PM
gimmekeef Just keep Saddam in a cell..with SOL and Indian Girl blaring all day long....He'll beg for the noose....
29th December 2006 01:30 PM
Jumping Jack Don't feel sorry for Sadam. Be glad you are not one of the 72 virgins sweating out his judgement day, LOL!

29th December 2006 07:13 PM
bon jovi
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Well, we got the Greece-Turkey Survivor game now, and the great love of Selim and Nadia uniting the two countries! Nothing can come between us now! See for yourself:

Sorry, could resist replying to all the other remarks and starting a virtual fight just before 2007, but not this one, baby!

Wonderful nickname too
[Edited by FotiniD]

Selim and Nadia.Touching.
But I still think you're being a bit naive.Sorry.

Happy New Year, anyway.
29th December 2006 07:22 PM
glencar We go to Fotini D for her musical opinions, not her political ones.
29th December 2006 08:05 PM
Riffhard I would personally volunteer to kick the chair out from under his sorry ass. The guy is directly responsible for more deaths than any person alive. He has also killed more muslims than any other person in all of history. I shant shed one single tear when this madman makes his trek to hell.

I was going to post a picture of the thousands of Kurdish men,women,and children that Saddam ordered gassed. I chose not to post the pictures out of decency,but we have all seen them. How anyone can even consider the death penelty to harsh for this animal is beyond my ability to understand. Crimes against humanity cannot be tolorated by tyrants like Saddam. He chose to mete out death like parking tickets,and that he gets death in return is only of his own making,and well and fully justified. To date US and allied troops have uncovered over 350 thousand mass graves,and some here think that he should not be put to death!!!! Fucking insane!

Riffy
29th December 2006 09:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
We go to Fotini D for her musical opinions, not her political ones.

You mean there are people whose political opinions 'we' feel are worth logging on to this site to read?

[Edited by Gazza]
29th December 2006 09:09 PM
glencar Oh yes!
29th December 2006 09:13 PM
Nellcote I bet the people of Kurdistan make this a national holiday.
Praise Be Allah!
29th December 2006 09:16 PM
Nellcote Poor anchor is all "choked up" over it...
Only on PMSNBC...

29th December 2006 10:00 PM
Riffhard Saddam has just now had the noose fitted around his neck according to Al Jeezera! Bravo!!!! Rot in hell you twisted sick fuck!

Riffy
29th December 2006 10:09 PM
Riffhard Al Arabia news has just confirmed that Saddam Hussein is dead!! Justice has been done.

Riffy
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)