ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Shooting "I Go Wild" January 1995
Templo de San Lázaro, La Candelaria. México City, D.F.
Premier Appearance of this photo, courtesy of Fernando Aceves to Rocks Off - Gracias Fernando!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Vote for Funniest Regular Here!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
12-27-02 03:20 PM
Maxlugar Fiji,

Don't believe a word he tells you.

I was every bit the outsider he was back in the day. Maybe more. I pissed off everyone at one time or another.

But what I had was courage, Fiji.

When, at various times, there would be some kind of real life get together, I jumped at the opportunity to see these people in person.

I hung with Scope, Sugar, Miss Amanda Jones, 20,000 Grandma's etc... at Dewey's FlatIron Grill before MSG '97. Josh talked big that he would be there but never showed.

I hung with Dandelion in Chicago and her and I had many fights on Stonesworld.

And to top it all off, I got my ass in a plane and flew to CLEVELAND to hang with the some of the coolest people alive. I even, through emails, talked Joey into going too. Joey!

Then there's YOTI!

You see, Fiji, I "Get It". These are the people I want to be with! In person or on the website.

We will see if he shows up in three weeks.
12-27-02 03:24 PM
jb You live in New York for gods sake..how hard was it for you to show up..I didn't even know anyone in 97..plus, I travel w. my wife and it was different then..not so easy to say "look Deb, occupy yourself as I am going to meet some strangers at a low claqss bar....
As far as 3 weeks...I really hope to make it..I am not, however, going to go if I can't get great seats...
12-27-02 03:32 PM
Maxlugar CLEVELAND or Chicago is not close to me!

How easy do you think it is telling your wife that you are flying to CLEVELAND to meet up with people you know from the internet and THERE IS NOT EVEN A STONES SHOW INVOLVED? They weren't even touring! My wifes mother thought that was just PEACHY!

I guess some of us are more dedicated.

I can tell you are backing out already.
12-27-02 03:35 PM
jb I offerd someone 4000K for a ticket..and was told no!!! Is that backing out!!!?
12-27-02 03:50 PM
Martha
I'm torn again..it would have to bea three way tie between Maxy, Joey and Fiji, but don't know if SS will allow such shenanigans....
So my vote has to go to.............................Fiji Joe

that bust the cap in his ass thing edged the other two out... only by a fraction though!

I really appreciate the humor on this board....I can almost be guaranteed a chuckle at some point along the threads.
12-27-02 03:53 PM
Moonisup fiji joe
12-27-02 04:05 PM
stonedinaustralia well thanx to whom-ever it was that nominated me - at least somebody gets it - (pm me for personal thanx if you want)

this isn't easy but for sheer consistency of hilarity and for registering the most movement on my LOL scale i say:

Max
12-27-02 04:28 PM
Scot Rocks Hard one again, Fiji recent stuff has been hillarious. However my vote goes to Maxy, Joey is funny too but well we all know his sources!!!!! lol

Mark
12-27-02 04:47 PM
Joey Easy ...................

KEITH MOON !!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-27-02 04:49 PM
sirmoonie Maxlugar
12-27-02 06:54 PM
Pants Make the Man You can't deny it...it's the Gemini: Ronnie 'Fuckin' Wood.

Runner up: The crazy, kooky RagingGoat!!!
12-27-02 07:11 PM
Scottfree Casting my vote for Stone Jr., once again....something about that kid, just something about him.
12-27-02 08:31 PM
gypsy sirmoonie
12-27-02 09:05 PM
~AzQb

....sirmoonie ; ) never fails ...

~!
12-27-02 09:40 PM
Angiegirl Maxy gets my vote.
12-27-02 09:59 PM
parmeda I crack-up and have continual cheek hard-ons on almost a daily basis...ALL of you are hysterical! I have the empty mascara tubes to prove it, damn it!

This is way too hard...

I gotta go with...............................Max

12-27-02 11:00 PM
littleredrooster WOW!!!
500 posts for Parmeda!!!!
She didn't even pat herself on the back!!!!!
She deserves a write in !!!!!
12-28-02 03:06 AM
Cant Catch Me My vote is for Fiji Joe!

But I came within half the distance between two man breasts to voting for Joey, because the Larry Hagman photo in his profile is still laugh-out-loud funny. It’s a sick take on a distorted subject, which was already a perversion of a figure that was a pretty ill part of a diseased society to begin with, which makes it seem almost like good clean fun. Almost, but not quite, thank goodness.

And thank you, your excellencies, all of you involved in the process,for nominating me, it’s an honor to be in such an esteemed group. You are wise, indeed, may you be enshrined eternally in your own shrines of wisdom, from now until perpetuity.

But seriously, this nomination brightened up my dark corner of the universe like the high-powered beam of an exterminator’s flashlight slicing through the murky interior of a rarely used kitchen cabinet to shine on a batch of mouse droppings that nobody had noticed before.

And I don’t usually consider myself as the religious sort, but it makes me think going to church this Christmas Eve wasn’t for nothing, and/or that I didn’t shed the blood of those several sacrificial bunny rabbits in vain. I can’t tell exactly which to give the most credit to, though. Church or the bunnies, that is, not which one of the bunnies.

And Frederico, well I haven’t been able to get him down from the curtains since I told him that “we” had been nominated, even though I’ve been after him all afternoon and night with a broom and a roll of duct tape hoping to dislodge him from the drapes and quiet his chattering. You know, his excitement and delight is an inspiration to me and really warms my heart, but I’ve warned him that if he’s not down by the morning he’s taking a serious risk that I’ll be using his pelt to polish the silver.

And as one small request to the contest organizers, would it be possible in the remote possibility that I win to get an equal value in hair care products instead of the CDs? Premium-brand conditioners or detangler products of any kind would be especially welcome.

Please?

(Frederico)

Pretty, pretty please?

If that’s not possible, how about some veterinarian-grade tranquilizers for the little guy and pharmaceutical-grade narcotics for me? Or street-grade would be okay for me too, really, as long as they’re powerful.

12-28-02 03:12 AM
beer Holy shit, now THAT is disturbing. It's not everyday you see eyebrows that turn into sideburns. What is that, eyeburns? Sidebrows?
12-28-02 08:39 AM
Sir Stonesalot Well, if Lil' Freddy is freakin' over YOUR nomination, this will unkink his armpit hair!

We have decided to make Freddy the Official Rocks Off Mascot. Like most atheletic teams, Rocks Off needs an instantly recognizable icon....The Penn State Nittany Lion, Brutus The Buckeye, The Laker's Jack Nicholson....and now, Rocks Off has Freddy the Wonderthing.

Give Freddy an extra ration of mango chutney, and an extra ripe banana for us! He is a very special lil'.....uhhhhhhh.....thing that he is. I'd like to be the 1st to officially congratulate him, but honestly...I really don't want to be within 100 feet of him. He could soil my armour. We can't have that, now can we.
12-28-02 11:40 AM
Fiji Joe I can see me and Freddy have the same barber
12-28-02 12:42 PM
egon where's jb???
he's really funny
[Edited by egon]
12-28-02 12:42 PM
gypsy Is it too late to change my vote from Miss U to MarthaMyDear?
12-28-02 01:00 PM
Sir Stonesalot No vote changing.
12-28-02 01:11 PM
gypsy Yo, why you sweatin' me?
12-28-02 01:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Gypsy sweaty.

Me like.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
12-28-02 01:17 PM
gypsy I'd like to think of it more like "glisteny" rather than "sweaty."
12-28-02 01:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yessssssssssssssssss......mmmmmmmmmoist.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
12-28-02 08:08 PM
daytfren max
12-28-02 08:38 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Dear God, this one's tough...

I'm going to have to really think on this one.

I can't choose between the ChibaPhonic Twins, Dark Lord MaxLugaroth and M. JoeyFly.

And even then there's our boy Nanky, and so many others.

So I'm not voting here, as of now.

But damn, this board's a funny place.

-tSYX --- Now look what you've done...
Page: 1 2 3