ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
?ťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill Wyman on 1981-1982 tour. Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 22nd, 2005 05:20 PM
Joey
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

ask sonny rollins how he feels about them...

i understand the reason why he didnt do the tour was that the stones wouldnt pay him enough...

i wonder if tim and the boys get shortchanged like that. i'll bet chuck makes more than daryl...

bobby is likely playing for free.

[Edited by mac_daddy]

Mac_Daddy ............................

Ernie Watts also played in Johnny Carson's tonight show orchestra for thirty years .Word
|
|
V

December 22nd, 2005 05:21 PM
glencar No way!
December 22nd, 2005 05:24 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
No way!

It's True :

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/T/htmlT/tonightshow/tonightshow.htm

December 22nd, 2005 05:27 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

ask sonny rollins how he feels about them...

i understand the reason why he didnt do the tour was that the stones wouldnt pay him enough...

i wonder if tim and the boys get shortchanged like that. i'll bet chuck makes more than daryl...

bobby is likely playing for free.

Blondie said he gets $25k per week.
[Edited by Saint Sway]
December 22nd, 2005 05:32 PM
glencar Overpaid!
December 22nd, 2005 05:34 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Overpaid!

Funny !

Good Postin'

December 22nd, 2005 05:39 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Blondie said he gets $25k per week.
[Edited by Saint Sway]

10 tix sold and this bastard is paid!!
December 22nd, 2005 05:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

10 tix sold and this bastard is paid!!

only at US/Canada/Mexico City (happy Voodoo??) prices. The hate directed at the Stones from most of Europe (Sweeden excluded!) will not allow us to charge full ticket prices on the spring leg of the tour!
December 22nd, 2005 05:42 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

only at US/Canada/Mexico City (happy Voodoo??) prices. The hate directed at the Stones from most of Europe (Sweeden excluded!) will not allow us to charge full ticket prices on the spring leg of the tour!

let's blame the Sweet Neo Cohl family instead Puggie!
December 22nd, 2005 05:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

let's blame the Sweet Neo Cohl family instead Puggie!

This will all end once Young Jake takes the reigns and continues his fan friendly SOP.

NOw that Michael Cohl is controlling U2 and Macca, he will no longer need to worry about his "#3" act and will probably allow Jake to run it (see the young man who produced Manhattan Melodies during "THe Muppets Take Manhattan" movie as his father fronted the money for him)
December 23rd, 2005 03:34 AM
Mathijs Actually, Ernie Watts is really proud of his work with the Stones. There's several interviews with him, with a large one being in the 5DVD set (forgot its name, Stones Story or something), where he mentiones how great the '81 one tour was, how profesionall the Stones were, how the Stones were really nervous for the Hampton gig as they knew it had to be special for the TV, how he thought Bobby Keys was very special for being on the tour just to play two sax solo's a night without complaining about it. And if I recall correctly -Watts was asked for the Euro tour, but he had to decline due to contractual reasons.

And about Wyman: the Stones should have quite when Wyman left in 1993. Simple as that.

Mathijs

December 23rd, 2005 10:21 AM
BILL PERKS ERNIE WATTS WAS GREAT IN 81..ADDED ANOTHER DIMENSION THAT KEYS COULD NEVER DO..
December 23rd, 2005 10:23 AM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
ERNIE WATTS WAS GREAT IN 81..ADDED ANOTHER DIMENSION THAT KEYS COULD NEVER DO..

I would like to nuzzle you

December 23rd, 2005 10:23 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
ERNIE WATTS WAS GREAT IN 81..ADDED ANOTHER DIMENSION THAT KEYS COULD NEVER DO..

Ernie Watts did play like if he was the third guitarist of the band.No my fav way to perform the $tone$ songs but quite enjoyable.
Keys seems more solist than Watts.

December 23rd, 2005 11:14 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Ernie Watts did play like if he was the third guitarist of the band.No my fav way to perform the $tone$ songs but quite enjoyable.
Keys seems more solist than Watts.

I truly enjoy listening to boots of the '81 Tour --- Whenever I hear anything from Hampton '81 I get that " The Party Has Just Started Feeling " ... Indeed , I hear barkers and see colored balloons falling down all around me
December 23rd, 2005 11:28 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Joey wrote:

Indeed , I hear barkers and see colored balloons falling down all around me

I need to crush my guitar on a fan's head "a la Keith" when I hear 81 boots!!
this tour is so funny to watch.
Remember when Ronnie runs like a madman on stage on LSTNT movie?? hilarious and priceless!!
[Edited by Jumacfly]
December 23rd, 2005 11:29 AM
Joey " Remember when Ronnie runs like a madman on stage on LSTNT movie?? hilarious and priceless!! "

It IS lovely ........... and funny to watch .
December 23rd, 2005 11:33 AM
Moonisup
December 23rd, 2005 11:39 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Actually, Ernie Watts is really proud of his work with the Stones. There's several interviews with him, with a large one being in the 5DVD set (forgot its name, Stones Story or something), where he mentiones how great the '81 one tour was, how profesionall the Stones were, how the Stones were really nervous for the Hampton gig as they knew it had to be special for the TV, how he thought Bobby Keys was very special for being on the tour just to play two sax solo's a night without complaining about it. And if I recall correctly -Watts was asked for the Euro tour, but he had to decline due to contractual reasons.

And about Wyman: the Stones should have quite when Wyman left in 1993. Simple as that.

Mathijs

THank you, that was a very interesting read. I have that five disc dvd set, which is pretty bad, but now i will watch the "80's" disc to see what Ernie had to say. It really puzzles me why he makes no mention of it on his website. The website bio runs like a resume...I would think this would be at least mentioned.
December 23rd, 2005 11:21 PM
mac_daddy
December 24th, 2005 12:47 AM
CraigP They've sucked since Wyman left.
December 24th, 2005 02:32 AM
Scottfree
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

many feel Macca is a better bass player, those who do shall not be greeted. Bill carried the band many nights along with Charlie....he also carried many young ladies to his hotel room.

Also several different hair pieces....
December 24th, 2005 04:08 PM
Lil Brian Sonny Rollins was rumoured to play on three tracks from Tattoo You (no credits were included). I’d have to say the “Neighbors” solo is Bobby not Rollins too, but I could be wrong. The other two were "Waiting on a Friend" (Connection?), a GHS outtake with Mick Taylor on guitar and “Slave”, a B&B outtake with Pete Townsend on backing vocals. "Neighbors" was reportedly one of only two songs that weren't outtakes from other sessions ("Heaven").
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)