ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!
Background image by Irina!
Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
šťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Random You Tube VOL VIII Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
3rd October 2007 10:57 PM
MrPleasant

Bad like Jesse James
4th October 2007 12:30 AM
glencar
quote:
robpop wrote:
One of the greatest Christmas song ever recorded. He could have been one of the greatest singers ever if it was not for the drugs and the booze.

A Fairytale of New York. The Pouges.

He can still perform. I saw him about a year ago in NYC & he's still got the voice albeit with the drinking problem. Or solution, depending on one's viewpoint!
4th October 2007 08:36 AM
Bovine49
4th October 2007 10:24 AM
The jinn, my friend. About the above vid....Is that dude for real??? He took the American flag down??? Anyone that has played capture the flag knows to take the other teams flag and plant your own... Dweeb.... Looks like it was manufatured news anyway.

5th October 2007 01:53 AM
Bovine49
quote:
The jinn, my friend. wrote:
About the above vid....Is that dude for real??? He took the American flag down??? Anyone that has played capture the flag knows to take the other teams flag and plant your own... Dweeb.... Looks like it was manufatured news anyway.

No, Dweebie-jinn, it's a real story - not manufactured, and you obviously are not aware that it's against US law to fly a foreign flag above the US flag within the United States.

5th October 2007 01:36 PM
Throwaway OK i've never seen this before, forgive me if you have seen it...but its awesome! Didn't even know it existed. Long live Licks!

5th October 2007 02:16 PM
glencar No need to apologize. Great find! It's a rehearsal, clearly.
5th October 2007 02:32 PM
steel driving hammer Good but a mess in audio/video...

Mick?

Mick content...lol

For your viewing pleasure...
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=mick+jagger+1985
Look for Whistle Test.

Edited by your mother baby
[Edited by steel driving hammer]
5th October 2007 10:06 PM
The jinn, my friend. Male newscaster:
Good evening thanks for joining us. Tonight. I am Joe Heart.

Female newscaster:
And I am Shelby Sheehan This afternoon we received a call from a viewer who said a business near downtown Reno was flying a Mexican flag above an American flag which in fact is illegal.

Male newscaster:
This after photos and comments about the flag were posted on Crag’s list as early as 11:30 this morning. When we were able to have a photographer to go and check everything out we found the story to be true. It also did not take long before the situation provoked a strong reaction. We are now going to show you unedited. Just what happened.

Clip
Male#1
What happen? What happen? This is what happen. Right here, right here. That is what happened. Right there I am Jim Brossard and I took this flag down in honor of my country. With a flag, with a knife from the United States army, I am a veteran. I am not going to see this done to my country. If they want to fight us then they need to be men and they need to come and fight us. But I want somebody fight me for this flag. They’re not going to get it back.

Camera operator
All right guys. So what do you think of that? No comment? What do you think of that? What are you trying to accomplish at least? Anything?

quote:
Bovine49 wrote:

No, Dweebie-jinn, it's a real story - not manufactured, and you obviously are not aware that it's against US law to fly a foreign flag above the US flag within the United States.

Oh yea I am aware......Daddy-o....
Furthermore, camera operator just happens to be there...
Let us analyze the parts of the transcript...

“we received a call from a viewer”
Note it states “a viewer” that denotes it was one person. Who was this person? Perhaps, the camera operator or the subject who destroyed and stole private property was the person that called. Or any number of persons that would have interest in making a news story that would be possibly be picked up for national coverage or was arranging to pick it up for national coverage.

“which in fact is illegal.”

The qualifier “which” denotes that it was not common knowledge to the female newscaster that the act of flying a flag above the American flag is illegal. This had to be pointed out to her and /or others of the news staff.

“photos and comments about the flag were posted on Crag’s list”
Not everyone reads nor knows of Craig’s list. Had the person in question known of this on line conversation?

“as early as 11:30 this morning.”

As compared to what? When did this event begin?

“When we were able to have a photographer to go and check everything out”
The qualifier “when” implicates there was issues with sending a camera operator to do his job. And the use of the word everything is implicative and vague.

“we found the story to be true”
This statement questionable because if in fact they had reviewed Craig’s list and seen pictures there was not question of the flag being flown. Often time when people fabricated, they add statements that explicitly express they are telling the truth.

“We are now going to show you unedited. Just what happened”
Using the words unedited gives implication of that there is graphic footage. In fact there is not graphic footage. And notice that on the tape there is a break. The camera operator is across the street , then there is time missing where he crosses the street and then male #1 walks dramatically on screen from behind the camera operator. Notice too the operator is position to have the total of 3 men that are in front of the store on camera. Furthermore, the shake of the camera was indeed an excellent dramatic emphasis. Also notice that both newscaster and male #1 both use the phrase “what happened”.

Indeed what happened was Mr. Brossard trespassed, vandalized and strong-armed private property from a private business. He did this with for planning exhibited by selecting a particular brand knife. Why was a knife needed to remove the flag? Was there not clips on the flags. And if not how did he know there was not clips on the flags? Furthermore, he showed malice and PTSD clouding issues when he was perceiving a “fight”, when indeed no one was in hostile action toward him.

Suspicion is drawn toward the camera operator when he asked the male #2, the person that cleared the public walkway. “What he thought of that?” Also questionable; where was the anchor for the camera? When the camera operator assumed that male # 2 male knew anything more than an event occurred which was precluded by the arrival of a camera operator.

Do I understand correctly:
You implied that I might not have known the statute pertaining to the placement of the American Flag on a single pole. The accurate question is “Did the business at hand know of this statute?” I must admit, I do not know the flag protocol for diplomatic entities flying flags, when only one flag pole is present. However, I do not think this place should be of diplomatic standing due to the fact that only 21 and older was allowed to enter.

Myself and personal prejudice; I have played capture the flag over several counties and states within the United States of America. The standard was to take the offending flag and place ours

[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
6th October 2007 10:30 AM
sirmoonie Yeah. Moof.

6th October 2007 11:14 AM
steel driving hammer 5 Star Dylan - Nobody Knows Lord, Nobody Sees...

Dark Yet?

Cult wothy?

Twistin like a flame in a slow dance baby, lord have mercy...

Edited by your mother baby
6th October 2007 05:03 PM
pdog

6th October 2007 11:20 PM
Nellcote
6th October 2007 11:33 PM
Highwire Rob Well, it is already October...

[Posted w/o the permission of Mike Oldfield]
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
7th October 2007 12:47 AM
Bloozehound the punk rock classic

GBH ~ Big Women

fills my eyes

7th October 2007 06:40 AM
Nellcote New Van Zant....

7th October 2007 12:25 PM
Throwaway When an artist opens with a blues like this, you know it's going to be a great show...

7th October 2007 12:34 PM
MrPleasant

Classic

"How is it possible that Courtney Love looks...

More of the same old shit. But funny still.

[Edited by MrPleasant]
7th October 2007 01:51 PM
MrPleasant "Worst Hang Over Ever!!"

I won't drink again in months.
7th October 2007 04:39 PM
steel driving hammer Stones on Ice...

7th October 2007 08:33 PM
glencar Some local boys...

9th October 2007 01:33 PM
steel driving hammer SCB Milan 70.

DF...

JJMFF...

ROB...

MR...

Thanks.

Edited again, by your mother baby
9th October 2007 09:04 PM
Nellcote Here's a number the Faces used to play regularly in concert.
I think it was released on their fine lp, Long Player.
JB Lenoir=I Feel So Good. Sorry, it's not the complete take....

9th October 2007 09:07 PM
robpop Great song...Bono dedicates it to our troops. Proving you can still support our troops and hate the war.

9th October 2007 09:14 PM
Nellcote Used to listen to this when I should have been doing homework, in the early 70's. Prof. Longhair, backed up with the Meters bringing home the great song, Bald Head.

9th October 2007 09:18 PM
Nellcote One more from the archives.
Late, great Rory Gallagher, honoring Muddy Waters.
Good acoustic cut of "I Can't Be Satisfied"

10th October 2007 08:51 AM
Ten Thousand Motels

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
10th October 2007 06:33 PM
PartyDoll MEG
10th October 2007 06:41 PM
PartyDoll MEG Will be seeing him with His Bobness on Saturday...

11th October 2007 05:53 AM
Ade hope the shows great, Meg.
looking forward to reading your review.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)