ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Christmas Greetings from Kaliningrad, Russia!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cohl is an Asshole Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 21st, 2005 04:13 PM
Kurtcobainkid87 Am I the only one who feels this way? That guy is a money hungry son of a bitch, first the Stones, then U2, now McCartney too. I respect Paul McCartney for not being as money hungry as he could be. I don't think $50-$250 with the levels being $50 (and there was quite a few seats avaliable for that price too), $85 for the upper level, and $125 for club, lower, and the back half of the floor level, and top seats going for 250, is extradionarily outrageous. I think it's pricy but when you consider you get to see 34 songs, it is really not that bad. Yes, they are shorter than Stones songs in length but equally cool. I can forget about those prices now that Cohl is behind the helm. I imagine U2's tours will go through the roof in another tour or two. It's outrageous to think this guy controls the prices for the three top grossing tours. It's quite sad for us music fans, if you ask me.
December 21st, 2005 04:16 PM
Dan He doesn't control the prices and he doesn't do anything without Mick, Keith and Charlie clearing it first.
December 21st, 2005 04:17 PM
Saint Sway Bill Graham was a crude, money hungry asshole too. But at least he always kept the fans interests in mind. A promoter for the bands AND for the people.

After a very successful and mutually lucrative long-term relationship, Jagger abruptly dumped Graham bc Cohl came along and guaranteed more $$$$

RIP Bill
December 21st, 2005 04:20 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Bill Graham was a crude, money hungry asshole too. But at least he always kept the fans interests in mind. A promoter for the bands AND for the people.

After a very successful and mutually lucrative long-term relationship, Jagger abruptly dumped Graham bc Cohl came along and guaranteed more $$$$

RIP Bill

Agreed!

December 21st, 2005 04:22 PM
voodoopug we must only blame michael cohl and not Young Jake!
December 21st, 2005 04:27 PM
highwire Cohl did a nice gesture for fans in the summer. He gave out a whole bunch of freebie tickets to the fans who were hanging out at the rehearsal school the day before the Phoenix Concert Theatre which was an impossible ticket even if you lined up all night. Unfortunately I wasn't there. Showed up later after the giveaway so I missed out but great for those who were there.

==Nice picture. The new Alice album Dirty Diamonds btw really rocks. Sounds a lot like his mid 70's rock n roll period just before the band split and he went solo.
December 21st, 2005 04:28 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
highwire wrote:
Cohl did a nice gesture for fans in the summer. He gave out a whole bunch of freebie tickets to the fans who were hanging out at the rehearsal school the day before the Phoenix Concert Theatre which was an impossible ticket even if you lined up all night. Unfortunately I wasn't there. Showed up later after the giveaway so I missed out but great for those who were there.

==Nice picture. The new Alice album Dirty Diamonds btw really rocks. Sounds a lot like his mid 70's rock n roll period just before the band split and he went solo.

Thanks, yeah the new album kicks ass, I saw him in atlanta with cheap trick, he fuckin brought the house down, amazing, just wish I could hear Cold Ethyl live!

December 21st, 2005 06:15 PM
Soldatti Cohl is very smart, sadly he's the Klein of this era. How the hell he fills the stadiums with those tickets?
December 21st, 2005 08:01 PM
texile bill graham was a businessman - but he loved the music more.....
cohl is a businessman who loves the artists as product.
he's a pimp.
December 21st, 2005 08:03 PM
glencar Wow.
December 21st, 2005 08:17 PM
corgi37 Really, when you think about it, who gives a stuff? Either pay the money or dont.

I think high ticket prices are justified, as quoted in the award winning and stunning "DONT STOP" clip.

One Swedish dude says "But, its the STones man!".

Sums is all up, really.
[Edited by corgi37]
December 21st, 2005 09:54 PM
jb Cohl is ahippie froim the 60's....he advises the band(s) and they have the ultimate veto power..Since he has made them 1 billionion since 89, they elect not to use it...Blame Mick , Keith, Bono, Macca.........Cohl is maximizing their profits and they love him!!!
December 21st, 2005 10:42 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:
Cohl is ahippie froim the 60's....he advises the band(s) and they have the ultimate veto power..Since he has made them 1 billionion since 89, they elect not to use it...Blame Mick , Keith, Bono, Macca.........Cohl is maximizing their profits and they love him!!!

_________

Though U2 is far more affordable than the Stones - - for now anyways.
December 21st, 2005 11:49 PM
corgi37 Less over heads too. Only 4 of them.
December 22nd, 2005 12:03 AM
voodoopug
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

_________

Though U2 is far more affordable than the Stones - - for now anyways.

U2 makes me want to vomit (complete with initial dry heaves) similar to when the keg beer at a college party is too warm and of poor quality
December 22nd, 2005 12:04 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

U2 makes me want to vomit (complete with initial dry heaves) similar to when the keg beer at a college party is too warm and of poor quality

U2 sucks raw cock!!!
December 22nd, 2005 12:09 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
U2 sucks raw cock!!!

sadly, few can see the truths that we see
December 22nd, 2005 12:11 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

sadly, few can see the truths that we see

We are so superior to anyone who posts here........we are the oil that keeps these boards runnig,,,,,,,,,,,simply the best..even at 12:14 A.N EST
December 22nd, 2005 12:11 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

We are so superior to anyone who posts here........we are the oil that keeps these boards runnig,,,,,,,,,,,simply the best..even at 12:14 A.N EST

let us not forget young Joey!!!!
December 22nd, 2005 12:13 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

let us not forget young Joey!!!!

Joey loves Macca and U2...........also eagles, fleetwood mac........
December 22nd, 2005 12:14 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Joey loves Macca and U2...........also eagles, fleetwood mac........

and steely dan, u2 tribute bands, wings, Blue Oyster Cult
December 22nd, 2005 12:15 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

and steely dan, u2 tribute bands, wings, Blue Oyster Cult

Joey is thawing!!!!!!!!!
December 22nd, 2005 12:19 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Joey is thawing!!!!!!!!!

I disagree...there are no olives on that branch
December 22nd, 2005 12:20 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I disagree...there are no olives on that branch

All you need is love...........see Lennon..........t5hey love the guy here
December 22nd, 2005 12:22 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

All you need is love...........see Lennon..........t5hey love the guy here

Bono is Time Man of The YEar
December 22nd, 2005 12:22 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Bono is Time Man of The YEar

Hitler was also man of the year...as was Bush
December 22nd, 2005 12:23 AM
Egbert
quote:
jb wrote:
We are so superior to anyone who posts here........we are the oil that keeps these boards runnig

Oil? More like fertilizer!
December 22nd, 2005 04:21 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Egbert wrote:

Oil? More like fertilizer!

LOL!!

Michael "Sweet Neo" Cohl should burn in hell with Celine Dion and Scorpions reunited.
December 22nd, 2005 04:48 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:

I feel very humiliated by your post and probably won t attend a show next year.
[Edited by Jumacfly]
December 22nd, 2005 06:44 AM
corgi37 The truth can some times hurt.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)