ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Christmas Greetings from Kaliningrad, Russia!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: tis the season for giving Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 20th, 2005 05:04 PM
Saint Sway will you be putting ABB or Rarities in anyones stocking?
December 20th, 2005 09:57 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
will you be putting ABB or Rarities in anyones stocking?

Only the bad kids!
December 20th, 2005 10:43 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
will you be putting ABB or Rarities in anyones stocking?

Yes............my worst enemies...treuly a spiteful gift.
December 20th, 2005 10:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes............my worst enemies...treuly a spiteful gift.

Rarities: 46K....not many stocking stuffers
December 21st, 2005 01:00 PM
GimmeExile A BIGGER BANG was voted 2nd best album of 2005 by Rolling Stone magazine. Many people would be grateful to receive it as a gift this holiday season.
December 21st, 2005 01:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
A BIGGER BANG was voted 2nd best album of 2005 by Rolling Stone magazine. Many people would be grateful to receive it as a gift this holiday season.

We (true stones fans) have already purchased this album in September. Most would not be happy to get this for xmas as the stones core fans are now over 35 years old (mostly 43 and up) and have already purchased this if they wanted it. Typically CD's for xmas are reserved for younger folks, usually teenagers, and they have no idea who the Stones are, the only classic band in their eyes is U2 (also U2 tribute bands). The drug addicts may also enjoy The Grateful Dead or Pink Floyd, but sadly, the Stones are not "cool enough" anymore and I predict at least every fifth person in the Best Buy return line on Monday will be holding a gift receipt and A Bigger Bang.
December 21st, 2005 07:13 PM
glencar Not a bad idea at all! I was trying to think of a gift for a friend & Rarities it shall be!
December 21st, 2005 09:32 PM
jb [quote]glencar wrote:
Not a bad idea at all! I was trying to think of a gift for a friend & Rarities it shall be!
[/quote-]
You are a U2 fan and I never saw it coming......NY greetng in jeopardy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 21st, 2005 09:53 PM
malja316 "...but sadly, the Stones are not "cool enough" anymore and I predict at least every fifth person in the Best Buy return line on Monday will be holding a gift receipt and A Bigger Bang."

GOSH I HOPE NOT! I really like that CD...maybe its because I am a Stones fan of all eras? I think this new album has plenty of good tracks...I wish these kids today who are into classic rock bands would give the new album a chance...then again, I am 30 years old so I guess you could say that I am one of their younger fans....
December 21st, 2005 10:28 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
malja316 wrote:
"...but sadly, the Stones are not "cool enough" anymore and I predict at least every fifth person in the Best Buy return line on Monday will be holding a gift receipt and A Bigger Bang."

GOSH I HOPE NOT! I really like that CD...maybe its because I am a Stones fan of all eras? I think this new album has plenty of good tracks...I wish these kids today who are into classic rock bands would give the new album a chance...then again, I am 30 years old so I guess you could say that I am one of their younger fans....

Great first post! Welcome...We need more positive energy and love for the Stones here.
December 21st, 2005 10:52 PM
jb
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

Great first post! Welcome...We need more positive energy and love for the Stones here.

WE need realists instead of "stones can do no wrong"...........
December 21st, 2005 11:40 PM
malja316 Hey what can I say? Just being myself I guess...

You know, I just think every single era of the Stones has something special to offer as far as songs, albums, etc...and I really think their latest CD is way overlooked...

I mean dont get me wrong...there are some songs I do not like on the new CD. But for the most part is a SOLID CD, IMHO. Take for example, Oh No Not You Again...your telling me if that song was written in 1972, it would get more respect??? That aint fair!!! Other than Start Me Up, this is DEFINITELY one of my favorite Stones songs over the last 25 years...am I crazy? maybe...I just think this song is a solid one...and live based on the boots I heard, it sounds even better.....

I think ALL eras of the Stones have something real positive to offer, including 2005! So I think ANYONE who is looking for a last minute Xmas gift for someone who is into classic RNR, buy them the new Stones album! Granted, its not a classic offering like Sticky Fingers, Exile, Beggars, etc...but its still a very good offering in its own right...

December 21st, 2005 11:43 PM
malja316 Btw, thanks alot for the welcome, I do appreciate it! I may be new to this board, but I have been a Stones fan since basically I was wearing diapers...my parents who are in their early 50's were Stones fans and I got exposed to them at a very young age...been a fan ever since...
December 21st, 2005 11:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
malja316 wrote:
"...but sadly, the Stones are not "cool enough" anymore and I predict at least every fifth person in the Best Buy return line on Monday will be holding a gift receipt and A Bigger Bang."

I am glad you responded to my post...I also like ABB, much better than my good friend jb does. But sadly, few will want this for Christmas..it is not a matter of quality of songs, it is a matter of economics...and our music economy is now run by "Bononomics"
December 21st, 2005 11:51 PM
malja316 I hear ya...surprisingly, I happen to be a U2 fan as well...I am not a fan of their politics because I honestly could give a goddamn about what Bono has to say about world poverty, etc...I think their music is pretty good though...I thought in the 80's U2 was outstanding, then the mid 90's they went downhill, and now in the 2000's they kinda discovered where they came from...Granted, I cant say I am a huge fan of the band, but I do own their records...but I listen to ALL types of rock and metal...I dont care who likes what...if it sounds good to me, I buy it...and that's it!

As far as "Bononomics" I understand what you are saying...but the fact of the matter is this...the album is not being promoted properly! All radio cares about is their 60's and 70's material and Start Me Up...they dont care that the Stones put out a new album...sure maybe the 1st month its out, but then promotion for it dies down...No wonder people are buying satellite radios these days!

December 21st, 2005 11:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
malja316 wrote:
I hear ya...surprisingly, I happen to be a U2 fan as well...I am not a fan of their politics because I honestly could give a goddamn about what Bono has to say about world poverty, etc...I think their music is pretty good though...I thought in the 80's U2 was outstanding, then the mid 90's they went downhill, and now in the 2000's they kinda discovered where they came from...Granted, I cant say I am a huge fan of the band, but I do own their records...but I listen to ALL types of rock and metal...I dont care who likes what...if it sounds good to me, I buy it...and that's it!

As far as "Bononomics" I understand what you are saying...but the fact of the matter is this...the album is not being promoted properly! All radio cares about is their 60's and 70's material and Start Me Up...they dont care that the Stones put out a new album...sure maybe the 1st month its out, but then promotion for it dies down...No wonder people are buying satellite radios these days!

I hate U2 (and U2 tribute bands) with every fiber of my soul.

Welcome to Rocks Off
December 21st, 2005 11:54 PM
jb I have a swollen vein in my rectum........using a steroid anti-inflamatory since Memphis.
December 21st, 2005 11:55 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I have a swollen vein in my rectum........using a steroid anti-inflamatory since Memphis.

Every time you allow U2/Bono/U2 tribute bands to upset you, your hemorroids flare up...you must put your health first.
December 21st, 2005 11:57 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Every time you allow U2/Bono/U2 tribute bands to upset you, your hemorroids flare up...you must put your health first.

I jad a beautiful haircut today for 1/2o........the girl also trimmed my eyebros, ear hair and rectal hair!!!
December 22nd, 2005 12:01 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I jad a beautiful haircut today for 1/2o........the girl also trimmed my eyebros, ear hair and rectal hair!!!

I have a barber appointment tomorrow, I shall have my neck shaved with hot shaving cream and a straight razor by "John the Barber"
December 22nd, 2005 12:02 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I have a barber appointment tomorrow, I shall have my neck shaved with hot shaving cream and a straight razor by "John the Barber"

Straight///////lol.............you shall be greeted!!!
December 22nd, 2005 12:10 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Straight///////lol.............you shall be greeted!!!

I must look my best as the entire family is coming to our new home to celebrate Christmas
December 22nd, 2005 12:12 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I must look my best as the entire family is coming to our new home to celebrate Christmas

YOur neck must be extra ..it takes 4 blades and 2 cans of cream.
December 22nd, 2005 12:16 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

YOur neck must be extra ..it takes 4 blades and 2 cans of cream.

success starts with attention to detail and a fine barber is a vital component.
December 22nd, 2005 12:16 AM
malja316 That's cool JB! If you dont like U2, all good with me...I have bands that really get on my nerves too, like for example, Bon Jovi. But people dig em...whatever man! Whether you like Bon Jovi, U2, Rolling Stones, etc its all Rock and Roll...and I would rather Rock records sell than ANY Rap album...just cant stand Rap music, sorry to anyone if you happen to be a fan of that genre and dig the Stones...

December 22nd, 2005 12:18 AM
voodoopug
quote:
malja316 wrote:
That's cool JB! If you dont like U2, all good with me...I have bands that really get on my nerves too, like for example, Bon Jovi. But people dig em...whatever man! Whether you like Bon Jovi, U2, Rolling Stones, etc its all Rock and Roll...and I would rather Rock records sell than ANY Rap album...just cant stand Rap music, sorry to anyone if you happen to be a fan of that genre and dig the Stones...

....from Ian is a big fan of Bon Jovi...Sir Stonesalot is not. I cannot stand Bon Jovi...i hate him more that Blue Oyster Cult
December 22nd, 2005 12:19 AM
jb England..........................Bon Jovi============Wembley opener!!!
December 22nd, 2005 12:19 AM
keefjunkie
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I hate U2 (and U2 tribute bands) with every fiber of my soul.

Welcome to Rocks Off

HAHAHA... and actually im 16 and i know pretty much every kid thats into music(aka not rap and all that shit) likes the stones and hates U2 (and U2 tribute bands)
December 22nd, 2005 12:20 AM
voodoopug
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:

HAHAHA... and actually im 16 and i know pretty much every kid thats into music(aka not rap and all that shit) likes the stones and hates U2 (and U2 tribute bands)

I am very proud to hear that you have obviously surrounded yourself with people of intelligent music taste!
December 22nd, 2005 12:22 AM
jb Eva Langoria needs me............
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)