ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Analú - Age 10 - December 27, 2003
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What you hope is under the X-Mas Tree.. Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-19-03 04:58 PM
riffhard64 I am hoping for a new puter chair...my ass is sore

Merry Christmas to all
12-19-03 05:00 PM
Phog I'm hoping for Luciana Morad, but the watch I'm getting will suffice.
12-19-03 05:09 PM
glencar Boy, the stores were empty today! The parking lot was crowded though. I did see a lot of people are buying those gift cards.

For myself, I really don't need anything. Peace on Earth would be nice, I guess.
12-19-03 08:11 PM
SHINE A LIGHT i need peace on this earth and kindness to/from all people.
12-19-03 08:15 PM
Some Guy Aqua Teen Hunger Force DVD>>> That shit is funny as shit.. Its on Cartoon Network Adult Swim. Damn I hopes I gets it!!!!
12-19-03 08:40 PM
nankerphelge Cartoon Network is good stuff!

Anyone like Brak?

He is so much fun buddy!

He hosted a New Years show a couple of years ago, I think it was called Brak's New Year Show, and anyway I forced my dad to stay up til midnite to watch it and he hated it but I sure didn't!

12-19-03 09:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, I already know most everything I'm getting....because I bought most of it myself. It's kind of a goofy system. My family members give me the cash that they want to spend on my gift, and I go out and buy myself what I want, and then give it to my family members to give back to me. Like I said, its kinda goofy, but this way I don't have to return anything, and everyone knows that they got me something that I want.

I'm getting the According To The Stones book, Johnny Cash Unearthed, a "grunge" distortion box, and a sweet blue/black Ibanez Artcore AF75 hollow body(Andy Partidge played one of these on XTC's "Wasp Star" album). Simpson's Hit & Run and Off Road Fury for PS2. Oh yeah, and today I got the STP greatest hits and the Chili Peppers greatest hits(Not "What Hits", the new one)...both with the bonus DVDs. A nice haul. My parents will probably get me a couple of things that I don't know about.

God I hope it's a '73 Corvette Stingray.

That would make up for having to work on the 24th and 25th!
12-19-03 09:14 PM
nankerphelge I hope you get the Stingray!

Corvettes are so sweet!

I like the '69 midnite blue with white ragtop and side pipes, and the 427!

Santa has refused me for so long, I no longer believe in him!

12-19-03 09:20 PM
glencar I just got some really distressing news. It seems Amazon.com can't get me the Martin Elliott "Complete Updated Rolling Stones Sessions." I'm going to cry.
12-19-03 09:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey nank!

If I don't get the Stingray for Xmas, I'm definately getting one this summer. The old lady finally graduates, and is pretty much guaranteed a full time teaching spot in the fall.

I made a deal with her back when she was talking about quitting her job and going to college. If she gets to go to college, I get a Corvette.

I'll swing by and pick you up on the way to Casa De Maxy!
12-19-03 09:25 PM
nankerphelge Nice deal!

I was at a Chevy dealership a couple of weeks ago and they had a very nice assortment of the 2004s!

That's the problem -- there are so many nice ones.
The '72-75s are just things of beauty!

2004s ain't shabby tho!!

12-19-03 10:28 PM
Boomy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh yeah, and today I got the STP greatest hits with the bonus DVD. A nice haul.

Nice choice, Essy!

Most of those live performances are sweet, and they must be watched with the volume all the way up. The version of "Crackerman" on there is the shizzy.
12-20-03 12:48 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Just two things.

I need to get back into playin' the guitar so I can get these new songs I'm gettin' the band together for banged out so we can record over spring break...

So one of these:

Then, I figure since I'm playing bass on the album (we have two guitarists, both infinitely better at the instrument than my stubby fingers'll ever allow me to be), I'll need something to compliment my old Fender J-Bass.

Something like this:

Ohhhhh yes. Damn, Keith was right. Guitars are like women. I could get my rocks off to these all day long.

*sigh*. Anyone have six thousand euros I could have?

"Keithfucius say: one-handed typing just brings sticky fingers, Ronnie!"

-tSYX --- Stay awhile and work it outta me...
12-20-03 04:05 AM
MarthaMyDear Well, I'm sure having an EXCELLENT Christmas so far, which I didn't expect considering some shit I've been dealing with lately, etc., but I'm getting some fucking nice-ass gifts and money, etc., from friends, clients, etc.!!! I had a little extra dough to spend on gifts, also, which I wanted to do so I guess this has been a karmic kind of Christmas so far, which is cool!!! It's just really sweet, the nice things I've gotten from some friends, and words can't say how cool they are for doing that, I think, so... Shit... It's been a fricking EVCELLENT Christmas so far!!! I'm cookin' a HUGE, healthy kind of Christmas dinner and buying a HoneyBaked Ham from The HoneyBaked Ham Company... Fricking CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!! lol................. :P Replaced the major items that were stolen from my apartment when I was burglarized, which I am happy about, got needed car work done on my car so now it's all happy, and shit... lol................. :P Getting Direct TV installed in my room and some other shit, etc., and will be going back to school to become an Apple Macintosh Repair Technician and rake in the fricking BUCKS... Shit... Life is getting GOOD again!!! lol.......... Thank GOD!!! lol................. :P PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
12-20-03 04:08 AM
Child of the Moon I'm pretty sure Keith is under my tree. That's probably why I see one particular item moving a bit, a cigarette hanging out of a loosely-taped area, and this odd cough/laugh/mumble every time we watch TV.

But I'd really like to get According to the Stones. But no one's gettin' it for me. What should I do?
12-20-03 04:34 AM
MarthaMyDear You need to write on a bunch of pieces of paper: "Steve Cronen NEEDS the book entitled: According to the Stones for Christmas or he shall perish!!!" (or something like that... lol............ :P ) and post it in TONS of obvious places around your mom's and/or dad's house or siblings' house(s) or significant other's house or most likely friend to buy it for you's house and if one of them doesn't get it for you, you have EVERY RIGHT to be pissed off at them until next Christmas, and shit, IMHO!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding!!! HE!!! HE!!! But, HEY!!! That might work, so fuck it!!! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol............ :P Couldn't hurt to try!!! lol............ :P GOOD LUCK, MERRY CHRISTMAS, and DO rock on!!! lol............ :P PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
12-20-03 06:37 AM
luxury1 Corvettes?? Yeah, put me down too, for a midnight blue one parked in my garage bay...
oh wait, it might be too late for that this year, but I plan on being EXTRA good this coming year, so I know one will be there for next Christmas. A stroll through Victoria's Secret would be so nice also.

I havent bought FourFlicks for myself, cus my kids wanted to get it for me, so that better be under my tree on Christmas morning if they expect to live to see 14.
and a Kettler ping-pong table--I am FIERCE.

Happy Holidays to all you crazy ROer's. It's been some ride this tour, hasnt it?!!
[Edited by luxury1]
12-20-03 06:59 AM
Pattie
*laughs* keef under your tree! that's great, you might wanna keep him a little bit away from it, in case one of his spiffs causes fire!!
12-20-03 06:59 AM
Pattie
spliffs! sorry
12-20-03 09:24 AM
Moonisup - a Johny winter CD, live
- Bo diddley cd
- a new belt
12-20-03 10:33 AM
Pattie
earrings!
12-20-03 01:34 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
I'm pretty sure Keith is under my tree. That's probably why I see one particular item moving a bit, a cigarette hanging out of a loosely-taped area, and this odd cough/laugh/mumble every time we watch TV.

It's either Keith or Ronald Reagan!

You can tell based on how fast you seem to go through Vodka and how many empty bottles of Sunkist you find in the trash.

-tSYX --- Like a thieeeeeeef in the niiiiiight...
12-20-03 06:00 PM
caro Just thought I'd add a Christmas tale to this thread...

U.K. CASTLE CAMERAS CATCH GHOSTLY VISITOR
Fri Dec 19, 1:51 PM ET By JACK GARLAND, Associated Press Writer

LONDON - Are there ghostly goings-on at Henry VIII's palace, or is that hazy image of a fellow in fancy robes just a bit of Christmas cheer?

Closed-circuit security cameras at Hampton Court Palace, the huge Tudor castle outside London, seem to have snagged an ethereal visitor. Could it be a ghost?

"We're baffled too — it's not a joke, we haven't manufactured it," said Vikki Wood, a Hampton Court spokeswoman, when asked if the photo the palace released was a Christmas hoax. "We genuinely don't know who it is or what it is."

Wood said security guards had seen the figure in closed-circuit television footage after checking it to see who kept leaving open one of the palace's fire doors.

In the still photograph, the figure of a man in a robe-like garment is shown stepping from the shadowy doorway, one arm reaching out for the door handle.

The area around the man is somewhat blurred, and his face appears unnaturally white compared with his outstretched hand.

"It was incredibly spooky because the face just didn't look human," said James Faukes, one of the palace security guards.

"My first reaction was that someone was having a laugh, so I asked my colleagues to take a look. We spoke to our costumed guides, but they don't own a costume like that worn by the figure. It is actually quite unnerving," Faukes said.

The palace, built in 1525 on the River Thames 10 miles west of central London, is a popular tourist attraction and some of the guides wear costumes of the Tudor period.

Wood said she was hoping people would come forward with similar stories and try to explain the figure.

The palace has been the scene of many dramatic royal events, and already is supposed to have a few ghosts.

King Henry VIII's third wife, Jane Seymour, died there giving birth to a son, and her ghost is said to walk through one of the cobbled courtyards carrying a candle.

Her son, Edward, had a nurse called Sibell Penn who was buried in the palace grounds in 1562. In 1829 her tomb was disturbed by building work, and around the same time an odd whirring noise began to be heard in the southwest wing of the palace. When workmen traced the strange sounds to a brick wall, they uncovered a small forgotten room containing an old spinning wheel, just like the one Penn used to use.

Henry's fifth wife, Catherine Howard, condemned for adultery, was held at the palace under house arrest before her execution at the Tower of London. An 1897 book about the palace says she was reportedly seen, dressed in white and floating down one of the galleries uttering unearthly shrieks.

The palace was once a prison for King Charles I, who later was beheaded, and then home to his nemesis Oliver Cromwell, who briefly ruled when Britain was for a short time a republic.

12-20-03 06:02 PM
Factory Girl I'm wishing for a Home of Choice (long story).
But, I would also like the new STP DVD.

Happy Holidays to everyone!!!
12-20-03 08:21 PM
MarthaMyDear caro, that's a great story and pic!!!!!!!!!! COOL!!!!!!!! Thank you for that!!! lol........ I love reading things like that!!! have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
12-21-03 02:25 AM
Child of the Moon Thanks for the advice, MarthaMyDear! I'm starting to get really worried, y'know... I don't see anythign that remotely resembles the book wrapped and under the tree. Well, let's hope that I get some money or something so I can get it myself!

Pattie, I'll be sure to move Keith ASAP. But I have to admit - when he lights one of those spliffs up, it doesn't smell so bad. Maybe it's just a Keith touch.

tSYX, I'm definitely sure it's Keith. I was playing guitar today in my living room, and managed to come up with a rather convincing Keith-style riff of my own creation. I said to myself, "Hey, that's not bad. I made a good one." From under the tree, I hear this slightly annoyed, "I make the riffs. I am the Riff Master. (Laugh/cough)" I think it's about time he and I shared a vodka 'n' Snapple tonight. I know that's an old Maxy drink, but it sounds like Keith'd enjoy it.

By the way, I finally picked up the Mojo Stones special. I was surprised - I didn't think they were on the shelves any more. But I went to Borders tonight, and they had a stack of 'em! So all I need is According to the Rolling Stones and the 2004 calendar, which manages to always be sold out whenever I go to purchase one.
12-21-03 03:52 AM
beer
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:

tSYX, I'm definitely sure it's Keith. I was playing guitar today in my living room, and managed to come up with a rather convincing Keith-style riff of my own creation. I said to myself, "Hey, that's not bad. I made a good one." From under the tree, I hear this slightly annoyed, "I make the riffs. I am the Riff Master. (Laugh/cough)" I think it's about time he and I shared a vodka 'n' Snapple tonight. I know that's an old Maxy drink, but it sounds like Keith'd enjoy it.

I dropped a bunch of cash today. i bought myself a new guitar and amp. it was a Christmas present to myself. I've already played about 20 Stones songs on it, sounds great!
AND, i too have been consuming large quantities of vodka.

Vodka = good buzz, no hangover....
12-21-03 01:51 PM
Ten Thousand Motels You know I really hadn't thought of my Christmas list, being so busy thinking about and buying for others .
But I guess a one way air fare ticket to the Islands would do.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
12-21-03 02:43 PM
nankerphelge I want them three Stones towels in that header pic!

Nothing says Merry Christmas like a matching set of '72 Stones towels!

12-21-03 03:31 PM
glencar Nanky, they used to sell towels at RS.com that had Made In The Shade motif but they sold out.
Page: 1 2