ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Analú - Age 10 - December 27, 2003
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Christmas Pink Floyd... Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-19-03 11:18 AM
L&A ... love from Rolling Stones

This ad was published in 1971 in the Christmas edition of the Melody Maker.

Thanks K-rim, a huge Pink Floyd fan (nobody's perfect )
12-19-03 11:22 AM
Jumacfly Where is it?? i can t see the add!
12-19-03 11:24 AM
jb I can honestly say I don't enjoy even one Pink Floyd song....
12-19-03 11:27 AM
L&A
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Where is it?? i can t see the add!

Ok, let's try a jpg-file...

12-19-03 11:37 AM
jb Believe me, the Stones are not freiendly with any current members of Pink Floyd.
12-19-03 11:40 AM
Jumacfly may be it s ironic JB??? humour, you know, that kind of thing...
12-19-03 11:44 AM
jb I don't think so Jumacfly...Pink Floyd is a very, very serious group ...just like Corgi...
12-19-03 11:54 AM
Joey " I don't think so Jumacfly...Pink Floyd is a very, very serious group ...just like Corgi... "

True .

David Gilmore is very serious .

Must be a good friend of Corgi !

12-19-03 11:59 AM
jb Roger Waters was so serious he quit the group!!!
12-19-03 12:01 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy The Floyd were at their best when they shut up and made music instead of bitching about everything. The Stones knew this, Pink Floyd didn't. Hence, when Roger Waters put out Animals, yet another dreary concept album about how much he hates everybody, the Stones reclaimed the airwaves with Some Girls.

That being said, some of the stuff they did was pretty interesting, and even downright good. "Another Brick In The Wall"s a great song (although I say it because my band covers it and we do it harder than that sort of slick-production studio version), so's "Money", so's "The Great Gig In The Sky", so's "Time", and I even liked one song off of the post-Waters albums, "Learning To Fly".

But any band that has the nerve to release crap like The Final Cut or The Division Bell and call it art ain't never gonna come cose to the Stones.

I'm glad the Stones never went to that 'concept album' crap after Satanic Majesties. They just sat down and made the music, while folks like The Petey and "I Hate Everybody" Roger Waters got bogged down in 'plot'. When they worked (*cawf* Quadrophenia *cawf*) it was incredible, but when it didn't work (*cawf* Rael *cawf* The Final Cut *cawf* I could go on for days *cawf*)... it sucked. Hardcore.

In the end, the Stones should wish merry christmas to Pink Floyd - because they know Pink Floyd needs more presents than the Stones!

"Let's base our next album about how sorry I am that I spit on some guy, Ronnie!"

-tSYX --- All in all you're just another brick in the wall...
12-19-03 12:03 PM
jb So TSXY, essentially you agree that PF was a very serious band , similar to Corgi?
12-19-03 12:04 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
So TSXY, essentially you agree that PF was a very serious band , similar to Corgi?

Essentially.

Except "Have A Cigar". I like that song. Mostly because Roy Harper sings it.

-tSYX --- Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar, you're gonna go far...
12-19-03 12:08 PM
Joey " Roger Waters was so serious he quit the group!!! "

Yes , like Corgi ( Very Serious )

However , Nick Mason is NOT serious .
12-19-03 12:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Please stop flooding the board with that, and I'm "serious"
12-19-03 12:15 PM
jb Are you really serious???
12-19-03 12:17 PM
glencar I love Have A Cigar. Seriously.
12-19-03 12:18 PM
jb Vodoo, if we can continue the "Corgi" gimmick I will buy another tree!!! I a m very serious about this....By the way, what is "flooding"?
12-19-03 12:19 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
Vodoo, if we can continue the "Corgi" gimmick I will buy another tree!!! I a m very serious about this....By the way, what is "flooding"?

Saying the same damn thing over and over again, in different threads, for no reason other than to be annoying.

-tSYX --- Ooooooo, cry if you want!
12-19-03 12:20 PM
glencar Making 3000 useless posts.
12-19-03 12:21 PM
jb But that's different from starting a thread...is that spamming?
12-19-03 12:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Just answer this: Do you think Corgi37 is happy with this? Is this a joke he's enjoying? I don't get it, what did he do to be the subject in such a big amount of messages

Yes, I'm serious... I do all things seriosuly, I drink seriosuly, I get high seriously, I post seriously, I work seriously, I fuck seriosuly
12-19-03 12:23 PM
glencar TMI.
12-19-03 12:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
glencar wrote:
TMI.

?
12-19-03 12:28 PM
jb We were just kidding...sorry if Corgi took it the wrong way...why didn't he just tell us?

AS far as what he did...he certainly did not lend me support when I was under attack...I was hurt...
[Edited by jb]
12-19-03 12:29 PM
glencar TMI = too much information.
12-19-03 12:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I don't know if Corgi is happy with it, that's why I'm asking. Also why did it all start? What did he do?

Please answer... seriosuly
12-19-03 12:31 PM
jb I deleted one of the posts...
12-19-03 12:34 PM
glencar Corgi actually seems to take it in stride, Gerardo. He said he's not serious, just seriously hung.
12-19-03 12:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well just to make some connections between both bands, Brian Jones was a special guest at the "14 hours technicolor extravaganza" at Alexandre Palace in London in April 1967 where Pink Floyd played a real good jam of sike-ay-delic music (before they turned into progressive), the very same day at this event, John and Yoko met for the very first time.

12-19-03 12:38 PM
jb I forgot Corgi was Corgi37 so none of this was really directed at the "real" Corgi...
Where did Joey disappear to?
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2