ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Analú - Age 10 - December 27, 2003
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jack Daniels Header. Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-17-03 10:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels WTF? If THAT is kool than I've lost my mind.
(that may be)
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
12-17-03 10:17 PM
LadyJane TTM--We started the same thread at the same time!

Let's combine..

LJ.
12-17-03 10:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Sorry. One of those nights.
12-17-03 10:29 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey TTM check your PM I gave you insteructions to use your new avatar

http://rocksoff.org./avatar-tenthousandmotels.jpg

12-17-03 10:43 PM
LadyJane I'm gonna delete my thread and put my initial post here.

One of the best photos I have ever seen.

Swiggin' the JD....could have been any one of us!

Happy B-day, Keef!!

LJ.
12-17-03 11:01 PM
SHINE A LIGHT that header is exactly what all the people expect!! it's only keith's IMAGE, he's really a kind and generous man. he and patti are both beautiful people, they have both been very kind to me. why do we continue to push that very old image of the "pills , booze and powders"?? has he not done his time in hell?? perhaps we should get with the year 2003/4 and show our dear keith as he really is...now.
and in doing that,perhaps all of these keith richards wanna-bes would also learn to express some kindness, rather than vile.
happy day to both patti and keith!!
12-17-03 11:05 PM
nankerphelge Your sphincter is 2 sizes too tight!

It's Keith Richards!!!

Image has always been part of it, especially the JD swillin' side!

It is our god-given right to pay it the homage it is due!

After all, Patti fell in love with it too....
[Edited by nankerphelge]
12-17-03 11:40 PM
kahoosier Ahhhh, but wouldn't allowing him to outgrow that image at 60 be one of the greatest birthday gifts in the world that we could give Keith. I agree with the earlier post, everything that I know about Keith today ( and I have no amazing insider story unfortunately) is that he has grown beyond his image.

I indeed respect this man for what he has survived, for what he has given us, and for what he is today... a brillant and successful entertainer with a happy home life. Keith will never fall to this, but being trapped by an image helped do in Jimi Hendrix and provided great misery for other notable entertainers (George Reeves, Bela Legosi, John Lennon trapped as a Beatle) Happy Birthday Keith, I will listen to you in a seedy bar or a 12 step meeting!
12-18-03 01:06 AM
glencar I love the fecking Rolling Stones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And my sphincter...eh, forget it. I like the photo!
12-18-03 02:06 AM
beer
quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:
that header is exactly what all the people expect!! it's only keith's IMAGE, he's really a kind and generous man. he and patti are both beautiful people, they have both been very kind to me. why do we continue to push that very old image of the "pills , booze and powders"?? has he not done his time in hell?? perhaps we should get with the year 2003/4 and show our dear keith as he really is...now.
and in doing that,perhaps all of these keith richards wanna-bes would also learn to express some kindness, rather than vile.

you make me sick.
12-18-03 02:11 AM
souldoggie Great shot...so when and where?
12-18-03 02:44 AM
Diedre Every time I read an interview with the guy, it mentions him drinking vodka in the middle of the day. So, he's switched drinks. What difference does it make? He is a substance abuser. When he does 12 steps and pronounces it sanctimoniously to the press, then I'll believe it. So what? He just was blessed with a great liver, knock on wood. And knock very hard. He's no paragon of virtue, and that's part of his public mystique. He's not exactly Mr. Suburbia. Good for him!
12-18-03 04:40 AM
Zeeta The header is THE FUCKING FINEST SHOT OF KEITH EVER!!!!!

VOODOO YOU HAVE EXCELLED, AGAIN!

OH YEAH!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEITH!

TTM YOU ARE A RAGING POOF IF YOU DON'T *LOVE* THIS HEADER!

KEITH DROOLS OK!

12-18-03 06:12 AM
caro >that header is exactly what all the people expect!! it's only keith's IMAGE, he's really a kind and generous man.

This IS the image of a kind and generous man. You can tell by the way he softly holds the bottle.
Great header, I love it! thanks Voodoo!

[Edited by caro]
12-18-03 06:13 AM
LadyJane
quote:
kahoosier wrote:
Ahhhh, but wouldn't allowing him to outgrow that image at 60 be one of the greatest birthday gifts in the world that we could give Keith. I agree with the earlier post, everything that I know about Keith today ( and I have no amazing insider story unfortunately) is that he has grown beyond his image.

quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:
that header is exactly what all the people expect!! it's only keith's IMAGE, he's really a kind and generous man. he and patti are both beautiful people, they have both been very kind to me. why do we continue to push that very old image of the "pills , booze and powders"?? has he not done his time in hell?? perhaps we should get with the year 2003/4 and show our dear keith as he really is...now.

OMG. You two are clueless!

Remind me to add your names to the list of "RO'ers I'd most likely NOT want to meet".

Some people just "get it". Others don't. Both of you are in the "don't get it" group!!

Here's to you Keith! I'll be toasting you with a shot of JD later this evening!

LJ.
12-18-03 08:11 AM
Eddie1888 Happy birthday keef the world's greatest rock star of all time
12-18-03 08:34 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Eddie1888 wrote:
Happy birthday keef the world's greatest rock star of all time

This is probably true.
12-18-03 08:47 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
caro wrote:

This IS the image of a kind and generous man. You can tell by the way he softly holds the bottle.

How true!
Anyway, it's the image Keith wants to project. And it's a success!
12-18-03 09:12 AM
glencar When was the shot taken?
12-18-03 10:13 AM
SHINE A LIGHT it looks like the party for "emotional rescue"...1980-ish.
you can find this photo on oldkr's site and also download it, if you like.
12-18-03 10:15 AM
glencar He had gray hair then? I don't think so.
12-18-03 10:21 AM
SHINE A LIGHT i thought that was not all grey hair, rather the reflection/shining from the flash. anyway, ask oldkr.....he has this photo(under wallpapers) and he's a real good one when it comes to giving credit to photographers!!
12-18-03 12:59 PM
macawber a post scolding fans for thinking of keith richards as a drinker?
so keith and his wife were nice to you[i assume that means they gave you an autogragh and didn't have security bounce your head off the pavement]and now you can see into the depth of his heart and soul?
get a life dumbass.
12-18-03 01:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The photo is from "Rolling with the Stones" by Bill Wyman and it's not credited. By the time line in which it appears seems that it's from the 1981 US tour, but based on other similar photos I think is 1979-1980.

To note: This was scanned by me from the book, not taken from the great website by Keef, you can download this and use it as a wallpaper, this one has a better resolution but it has the Rocks Off legend
12-18-03 01:13 PM
Boomy
quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:

12-18-03 01:18 PM
nankerphelge Don't sweat it Boomy.

For many of us, Keith personified what the Stones were all about and still does!

When I think back to when I first got into the Stones, it was because of Keith -- it was that Stones guitar sound -- it was that outlaw look. Although I now appreciate each member of the band, and more importantly the band as a whole -- it was Mr. Richards and the blonde Fender that first caught my attention!

12-18-03 01:22 PM
KeithRichards210 Fantastic pic! This is the Keef we know and love. And anybody who wants to candy-coat his image has taken far more drugs than Keith ever did.

Since he's still touting the greatness of "Nuclear Waste" (and I concur), what's the big fucking deal? This isn't Sesame Street, Mister Rogers or the Teletubbies. Get used to it!
12-18-03 01:44 PM
SHINE A LIGHT thank you kr210, you've made my point exactly. some of you think you ARE the image he portrays. and, to the above, they didn't give us autographs. but why waste my time with this, it's keith's birthday for god's sake!! no time to lose with silly crap, ain't that right kr210.(is your name keith richards????) no, i thought not. why aren't you in the lounge?? with all the others?
12-18-03 01:47 PM
KeithRichards210 I rest my case about the drugs. Lighten up on the Nembutal, and quit sending me those stupid fucking PM's before I have to make a case to these moderators.
[Edited by KeithRichards210]
12-18-03 01:50 PM
nankerphelge SAL, you'd be better off not telling everyone here what they are or what they should be. No one -- and I mean NO ONE -- appointed you the Rocks Off official of what is right and what is wrong!

Have a nice day!
Page: 1 2