ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Analú - Age 10 - December 27, 2003
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jack White in fist fight (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
12-16-03 07:14 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Jack White's Seeing Red

By Sarah Hall

He may not know what to do with himself, but he knows how to use his fists.

Stollsteimer told the police that he declined to talk to White at the club, causing the rocker to "become enraged."

According to Stollsteimer, the furious singer grabbed him, threw him to the ground and punched him "on right eye approx. 7 times," according to the Detroit police report on the incident which is posted on the Smoking Gun.

The Von Bondies singer suffered bruising and swelling to his right eye in addition to a bloody nose, and was taken to a Detroit hospital, treated and released.

White told police that he hit Stollsteimer in self-defense after the Von Bondies singer began choking him. He filed a cross-complaint alleging that it was actually Stollsteimer who pulled him to the floor and began throttling him "about the face & body."

However, Stollsteimer's manager has denied that his client threw any punches, and said the incident was an attack by White as opposed to a fight between the two rockers.

The beef reportedly stemmed from an ongoing feud that started after White co-produced a 2002 Von Bondies album.

Police had not yet determined if they were going to file charges against White, but police spokeswoman Tara Dunlop told the Smoking Gun that it was likely that the rocker would be hit with a misdemeanor assault charge.

In the meantime, White and his similarly red-and-white clad bandmate Meg White (who he alternately refers to as his sister and his ex-wife) have recently confirmed their latest tour dates.

The twosome plan to ring in the New Year with a concert in Chicago and then will jumpstart 2004 with assorted European concert dates throughout January and February.

12-16-03 08:59 AM
Monkey Woman They are good. Musically, I mean! And as these news show, not good little angels...
12-16-03 09:36 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:
these foolish "stripes" are today's answer to the osmands!! man, they get on my nerves. when they opened for the stones, we stayed out in the foyer.....but we could still hear them. god awful stuff. oh yes, i know....they are the latest thing??

wait til ss reads this...

I think they are great - the Stripes and The Mars Volta are the two most exciting things in rock these days...
12-16-03 09:48 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy The Stripes bring both blues and Dylan to a modern audience and respect their roots more than any other "popular rock band" on the planet.

As far as I'm concerned, if Jack White's hittin' somebody, it's probably with good reason.

That being said, it's a real shame these two have fallen out. The Von Bondies sounded very good on their debut, really promising.

-tSYX --- I gotta letter this morning, what do ya reckon it said?
12-16-03 10:32 AM
glencar I'm just gald he wasn't hitting little Renee Zellweger. A little bar fight is de rigeur for these budding rockers.
12-16-03 10:35 AM
Joey

Thank GOD it wasn't Jack Black !!!!!!!!

Jacky Black !
12-16-03 10:47 AM
glencar Jack Black? Too bad it WASN'T him!
12-16-03 10:55 AM
Joey " The twosome plan to ring in the New Year with a concert in Chicago and then will jumpstart 2004 with assorted European concert dates throughout January and February. "

I believe Pammy is attending this gig at the Aragon Ballroom New Years' Eve !

Developing ....................................

Jacky White !
12-16-03 10:57 AM
glencar Yes, she posted that yesterday. These celebrity fistfights are so hard to figure out. You know some are caused by overenthusiastic fans but some are surely the result of drunken celebs. I bet Farrah's gonna be in the news soon enough.
12-16-03 11:50 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:
yes, i do realise that the stripes are really LOVED by many....we just had a bad experience in my city when they opened for the stones!! we wanted the stones....

Who is this "we" you are speaking for? Do you post by committee?
12-16-03 11:57 AM
Boomy
quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:
these foolish "stripes" are today's answer to the osmands!! man, they get on my nerves. when they opened for the stones, we stayed out in the foyer.....but we could still hear them. god awful stuff. oh yes, i know....they are the latest thing??

Are you on crack, Jack?

Shit, just because you only like Keith and the Stones doesn't mean every other band is a piece of shit.

First you call the Stone Temple Pilots "fools"..and now you make a crack on the White Stripes.

Here's some money. Buy a clue and stop scaring Keith.
12-16-03 12:01 PM
Lambchop
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Who is this "we" you are speaking for? Do you post by committee?

I believe it is the royal "we". She speaks for a nation.

How are the slutty sock monkeys doing? Nanker been around much?
12-16-03 12:14 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Lambchop wrote:

I believe it is the royal "we". She speaks for a nation.

How are the slutty sock monkeys doing? Nanker been around much?

Oh, the Royal "We". Speaks for the enlightened masses and all that? I understand, now.

I had yet to pick up on the subtle characterization traits that bespoke a gender specific pronoun like "SHE" for SAL, but I don't keep up like I used to. Fill me in.

The slutty sock monkeys are whoring themselves all over the web as we speak (aside from Sleazy Hugh in a strictly financial sell-out kind of a way), although they are only starting to see a small return relative to their obviously limitless spinoff value.

They are developing quite the cult over at the Red Heel Message Board, which is social interaction on a level of insanity a student of such phenomenon as yourself should appreciate, although if you stop by please don't bring the naked guy with the mullet. It's, you know, for kids.

I'll see if anyone wants to stop over here and say "hi", though.
[Edited by Nasty Habits]
12-16-03 05:39 PM
Lambchop Nasty! Please give me a link. I promise to leave Sy home.
12-16-03 05:46 PM
Joey

Ya know Lambchop , a lot of effort has gone into that little Avatar of yours ............................and I am trying to figure out why ?!?!?!

...............and why " Sleazy Hugh " ?!?!?!

Shiver ..........................................

" There is some weird Shit going on around here Ronnie "

Shecky !
12-16-03 06:13 PM
Lambchop I come here and read and post sometimes and I ask "why? why? why?"

Just because my little Joey. Just be.

Bahbah loves you.

(sorry! SLAP me..)
12-16-03 06:16 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Nasty Habits wrote:

They are developing quite the cult over at the Red Heel Message Board,

Nasty, I've cleaned up my avatar and will be posting there soon.

I'm extremely happy with the exclusive Friday Night post contract we signed at the record fair.

I will not let you down.

MACKY!
12-16-03 07:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, I'm sick of defending the White Stripes. I love the shit out of them, and that's all that really matters to me. I could write a lengthy essay as to why they are so good....but honestly, it's a waste of time. Those of you who like the Stripes would agree whole-heartedly, while those of you that don't like them wouldn't understand a word of it.

If you don't get them, well, tooooooooo fuckin' bad for you.

Ain't my problem.

I was gonna say something about the Dirtbombs here, but that would be a waste of time too.
12-16-03 07:46 PM
Lil Brian The Stripes show great potential with Elephant this year, one of the best of 03. White Blood Cells was good but this IMO really is a step forward. Can't wait to see where it takes them...

"Everything's Turning to Gold"
12-16-03 07:51 PM
Nasty Habits Max, that Avatar is the greatest thing I have ever seen in my life. Little Maxina is already rockin' to the finest of all possible skankerous 80s rock 'n' roll! How eager am I her first words will probably be: "I Had it With You, Dad!"

Lambchop: Check your PM!

12-17-03 07:49 AM
Zeeta WHITE "ATTACKED" STOLLSTEIMER

Police in the US have confirmed they are investigating claims Jack White attacked Jason Stollsteimer in a Detroit club on Saturday evening.

White and Stollsteimer from the Von Bondies clashed at the Magic Stick venue during a show by Blanche, as exclusively revealed yesterday by dotmusic.

A spokesman for The Von Bondies has now claimed The White Stripes frontman "violently attacked" Stollsteimer, who was taken to Detroit Receiving Hospital following the clash.

Stollsteimer suffered a bloody nose and bruising to his right eye in the fight. Police are now expected to charge White with assault, although he has launched a counter-claim, alleging he acted in self-defence.

A statement from the Von Bondies' management reads: "Stollsteimer was violently attacked by Jack White of The White Stripes without warning or provocation."

"White approached Stollsteimer during the concert, physically forcing him against the speakers, and began shouting. Stollsteimer attempted to turn his head [to] face White but refused to engage in conversation.

"Visibly angered by Stollsteimer's unwillingness to argue or fight, White spat into Stollsteimer's face and punched him in the head and face repeatedly. White then forced Stollsteimer to the ground and continued his attack until White was restrained by several crowd members."

The Smoking Gun website has further details of the incident, including the full police report.

12-17-03 07:51 AM
Zeeta Fuckin' go Jack! Sounds like a right good old brawl even though the Von Bondi guy refused to fight!

I suppose more like a beating really!
12-17-03 10:55 AM
glencar Does anybody know the Von Bondies music? Is it scaredy-cat stuff?
12-17-03 12:04 PM
Nasty Habits I have no real use for the Von Bondies -- they're not bad, and they're not particularly good. Just run-of-the-mill garage band. Dig a little deeper and you'll find tons better. But their music is nowhere near so bad that it's worth getting a whuppin' over.

12-17-03 01:13 PM
Martha Has this guy been buggin' /needlin' Jack? Or is Jack just a hothead? I can only imagine the scene of Jack losing it and continously punching the guy after seeing him wail on that red geetar. I bet it was "in time." LOL

Holy cow! Glad it wasn't me!

"the hardest button to button......."

Who is going to the New Year's Eve show? You Lucky Fuck's!
12-17-03 02:43 PM
Honky Tonk Man I remember reading in a Jack White interview in the NME and he was talking about how he thought the Von Bondies had a problem with him and how he couldn't understand why.

It's all quite odd. They were freinds and they did record their debut album in Jack Whites basement. Also, he dated Marcie, who is the Von Bondies female guitarist.

Alex

12-17-03 07:48 PM
Boomy "Ball & a Biscuit" is one of the best blues-rock songs I've heard in years.
[Edited by Boomy]
12-17-03 09:18 PM
KeithRichards210 It would have been more entertaining if Meg got in a catfight with a mud wrestler..

I can't say I know much about this band. I've heard one song, and all I remember is that it had a loose, very stripped-down feel.
Boomy, as a fellow STP fan, I'm guided by your opinion. Worth grabbing a cd?
[Edited by KeithRichards210]
12-17-03 09:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Well, I'm sick of defending the White Stripes.

That's what they call a "fairweather friend". I NEVER get sick of defending my friends. I'm loyal to a fault. Except on rare occations, like the people I still have to get even with.

"that's a small price to pay for a week of living dangerously"
12-17-03 11:03 PM
stonedinaustralia KR210 - the white stripes are definitely worth checking out

thanks to nasty habits, i've heard a KILLER version of "stop breaking down" that they did live at the BBC...you owe it to yourself as a stones fan to at least track that one down
Page: 1 2 3