ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Christmas Greetings from Kaliningrad, Russia!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: This Tour Really Worth It? Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 17th, 2005 03:56 PM
Kurtcobainkid87 I saw the Solidier Field show this tour and I have tickets to both nights at the United Center (I won one pair, bought the other). I thought the show at Solidier Field was fantastic. I'm just wondering how many people think this tour is acutally worth the money you pay to see them. You figure, most tickets cost $160 and I'll be generous and call the shows 22 songs each. That's about $7.25 a song, assuming you like every song, which probably isn't the case. I just don't understand how people can afford $450 for the tickets up front. Even $160 is quite the strech for me. I personally bought $100 tickets for the United Center Night One, at the top. I think this is going to be my last Stones tour. With bands like Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Paul McCartney, and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. $100 to sit at the top of an arena and watch the Stones is too much for me. Sure, the Stones have improved the sound greatly but it's the same generic setlists for the most part. One or two surprises if you're lucky. I personally hope this will be the last stadium Stones tour and that perhaps they'll start doing off club shows in a year or two.

Those are just my thoughts on the matter.

Just a question for anyone who attended an arena show and been in the upper level. Is the sound still good?
December 17th, 2005 04:20 PM
kath good question.

all i've seen was giants stadium..had front row b stage so i couldn't bitch about anything!!

but i will say that ticket prices are outrageous and i dunno if it's worth seeing a lot of shows this time around.
December 17th, 2005 04:56 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
kath wrote:
good question.

all i've seen was giants stadium..had front row b stage so i couldn't bitch about anything!!

but i will say that ticket prices are outrageous and i dunno if it's worth seeing a lot of shows this time around.

Kath,

Get temporary a pro camera with a bulky lens - that's the surest way to turn the $65 ticket into the $420, you may believe me.

Mick behaves as if there is no tomorrow, Keef is unfortunately not looking good - I don't want to think this is the epilogue, I still hope the codgers are trying to trick me one more time.

December 17th, 2005 05:51 PM
Joey

BEST STONES YET !!!!!

www.omahameca.com

December 18th, 2005 09:06 AM
stonesmachine I love the Stones but....it aint no $450 show, IMO.
December 18th, 2005 01:12 PM
marko me and SS were at the DC show,we were back,on the ronnies
side,if you look from the stage.No problem with sound.
We did get the arena sound still,a bit of echo,but not so
much as used to,say back in 1999 or 1998.
December 18th, 2005 02:26 PM
Kurtcobainkid87 Thanks for the sound info. Apperciate it. I'm pretty sure that's what side I'm on at the United Center for Night One. Once again, thanks.
December 18th, 2005 02:32 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I would pay anything to see the Stones.
December 18th, 2005 08:53 PM
glencar I've spent less on US tix this tour. I'm disappointed about the set lists but once that opening note is played, I just don't care.
December 18th, 2005 11:11 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I've spent less on US tix this tour. I'm disappointed about the set lists but once that opening note is played, I just don't care.

Joey shall not leave Nebraska!
December 18th, 2005 11:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Is this tour worth it???

Oh HELL yeah it is!!!
December 19th, 2005 12:01 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I have bought top dollar tickets for 4 shows, and 160 and above for three..sadly jb has spent 4X as much as me, maybe more. I shall not attend anymore shows unless the seats are good, regardless of the price. (I shall not pay over face value!!!)
December 19th, 2005 12:13 AM
time is on my side While it's true the setlist lacks imagination outside of a few shows, the sound & performance on the two shows I saw were outstanding, excellent.

Is this tour worth it???

Absolutely!!!
December 19th, 2005 02:34 AM
pdog After New York, I'm taking a break...
December 19th, 2005 05:37 AM
Mathijs After seeing the MSG DVD: no fucking way I will pay these amounts of money to see the Stones. In my very humble opinion, this is the worst ever Stones tour. I find it actually really saddening to see the Stones going down so low musically. The Stones anno 2005 has nothing to do with the band I love so deerly.

Mathijs
December 19th, 2005 05:40 AM
beer
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
In my very humble opinion,
Mathijs

Hahaha, funniest post ever!!!

-
December 19th, 2005 05:45 AM
beer So after watching one DVD, you can dismiss the entire tour?

-
December 19th, 2005 05:59 AM
beer
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
this is the worst ever Stones tour. I find it actually really saddening to see the Stones going down so low musically.
Mathijs

You forgot to mention you haven't actually seen this tour yet, right? or have you? You don't want to compromise your expert opinion do you?
December 19th, 2005 09:11 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Bono has been named Time Magazine's " Person of the Year " !!!!!!!

www.Time.com

December 19th, 2005 09:30 AM
Sir Stonesalot Bono is a twat!!
December 19th, 2005 01:35 PM
Kurtcobainkid87
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Bono is a twat!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally someone gets it.
December 19th, 2005 01:46 PM
ExileInLA They should have stopped after the Licks tour. This tour is bull shit.
December 19th, 2005 01:47 PM
jb
quote:
Kurtcobainkid87 wrote:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally someone gets it.

I have gotten it since 1982..........Bono sucks.........
As far as this tour, great performances despite lame set-lists and horrible marketing. Worth seeing as this is the last major world tour. Keith and Ronniue are playing much better( or atleast playing) this tour and it is louder than the last 2 tours............
December 19th, 2005 01:50 PM
Saint Sway Fuck the Stones!

They can continue to embarrass themselves and raise their ticket prices all they want, but I REFUSE TO STOP SEEING THEM LIVE!!!

Fuck em!! I will be at the shows once again in '06!!!
December 19th, 2005 03:13 PM
glencar Bono rules!
December 19th, 2005 05:44 PM
Mathijs No, I didn't see them live. I saw half a dozen DVD's and listened to 5 or 6 audience recordings. I found it shocking to see the state of Ron Wood, he isn't capable of playing the simpliest lines, and I find Keith an absolute shadow of his former self. I find the Stones pittiful, for the first time ever that I have that feeling. It's like watching Muhammed Ali boxing in the late 70's, or watching Elvis bloated and fat in Vegas. Once they were Kings too.

Mathijs
December 19th, 2005 05:51 PM
Jumping Jack They are well worth the price of the ticket, but hard to justify the cost of air travel, hotels, car rental, and food on top of it for nearly identical shows. I will do shows within driving distance and Vegas, but few others for Angie, RFD, and Miss You and no Rambler.
December 19th, 2005 05:54 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
They are well worth the price of the ticket, but hard to justify the cost of air travel, hotels, car rental, and food on top of it for nearly identical shows. I will do shows within driving distance and Vegas, but few others for Angie, RFD, and Miss You and no Rambler.

Well Said !!!!!

" Charlie looks very ill Ronnie ! "

J.
December 19th, 2005 06:30 PM
Soldatti I'll see them in two months, I'll tell then.
December 19th, 2005 09:03 PM
Sir Stonesalot >and no Rambler.<

You need to go to the shows that I go to...I got to see Midnight Rambler almost every time. And I've seen 4 shows so far.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)