ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
© 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Barca and Madrid public sale has already started!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 16th, 2005 02:11 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat www.servicaixa.es
December 16th, 2005 10:45 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
www.servicaixa.es

These tickets are not priced high enough...i suspect sales will not be as strong as the licks tour.
December 16th, 2005 11:06 AM
jb The whole euro pricing is way to low...there is no way we can make a profit with these prices and low attendance....the only upside is a possibility of fall 06 "mini-states" tour. We need another 50 million to break even.
December 16th, 2005 11:18 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
The whole euro pricing is way to low...there is no way we can make a profit with these prices and low attendance....the only upside is a possibility of fall 06 "mini-states" tour. We need another 50 million to break even.

I am estimating that all top level ticket prices will be around $450-$500 if they come back to the states....I am told some tickets to the Mexico City show and many others have a face value of near $25 USD.....we just cannot make a substantial profit on that.
December 16th, 2005 11:19 AM
Angiegirl Lol, the Stones aren't even selling half of what they used to sell with those ridiculous prices, serves them damn right too!

Just 2 Amsterdam stadium shows, not sold out, Front Of stage tickets and regular field tickets still available 2 weeks after public sales... Unheard of when compared to VL, BtB etc.

They'll get what they deserve.
December 16th, 2005 11:19 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I am estimating that all top level ticket prices will be around $450-$500 if they come back to the states....I am told some tickets to the Mexico City show and many others have a face value of near $25 USD.....we just cannot make a substantial profit on that.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
December 16th, 2005 11:24 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ticket prices are far too low in Europe...thankfully fans in the US have paid for the stones to tour the world, but with the amount of performances the stones are putting on in Europe/japan/etc, they will need to come back to the US to sell a large selection of high priced tickets to make up for the lost profits of the spring/summer tour.
December 16th, 2005 11:29 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Ticket prices are far too low in Europe...thankfully fans in the US have paid for the stones to tour the world, but with the amount of performances the stones are putting on in Europe/japan/etc, they will need to come back to the US to sell a large selection of high priced tickets to make up for the lost profits of the spring/summer tour.

I would say that partly due to the craziness of Americans to pay these insane prices, worldwide the prices have become insane... All is relative and the Dutch prices are high for the Dutch, believe me mate.
December 16th, 2005 11:31 AM
voodoopug Young Jake has rewarded those fans who have spent the most money on the band in the past by keeping the best seats in the house priced out of the common fans reach. We must all thank young Jake this holiday season!
December 16th, 2005 11:31 AM
Moonisup the prices are high for everyone with a normal income and for their main market that could make them richer then ever: young people
December 16th, 2005 11:36 AM
jb The Dutch shows are at 59, 156 for both shows at this time....the 2nd show in Jeopardy!
December 16th, 2005 11:39 AM
Angiegirl They've reached their limit here in Holland, obviously. Finally we see a decline in sales, instead of the rush for tickets. Robbie Williams (of all people) carries that torch now.

I think it has to do with the Stones being the first entertainment act in music (not including musicals which always have been more expensive) that has crossed the magical 100 euro-line for a stadium show. 60 euro or 80 euro doesn't make a difference in people's minds, but when it starts getting past the 100, it will. And it does.

Their only luck is that we did get that euro 6 years ago, otherwise they would have sold way less the previous time in 2002. Tickets between 70 and 120 euro would have been 150-250 Dutch guilders at that time, and they wouldn't have gotten away with it. The introduction of the euro saved their asses in Europe for sure!

[Edited by Angiegirl]
December 16th, 2005 11:40 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
The Dutch shows are at 59, 156 for both shows at this time....the 2nd show in Jeopardy!

They will not cancel poor moving shows (see Chicago 3, San Fran 2, Detroit, Memphis, Vegas, etc) Young Jake Shall paper the house!
December 16th, 2005 11:42 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
They will not cancel poor moving shows (see Chicago 3, San Fran 2, Detroit, Memphis, Vegas, etc) Young Jake Shall paper the house!

Slow selling shows will be filled with VIPs, lottery winners, promotional ticket winners etc. Not paying (like the normal public is paying) costumers in other words.
December 16th, 2005 11:43 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The Dutch show will be consolidated with a possible arena if things continue like this....................jake can then raise the prices for the arena show and hold on to the 50k for the stadium..thus, another 15k for arena at a higher price will almost make up for loss of 2nd stadium show.
December 16th, 2005 11:44 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Slow selling shows will be filled with VIPs, lottery winners, promotional ticket winners etc. Not paying (like the normal public is paying) costumers in other words.

Jake Cohl is a Keynsian economist and sure knows how to paper the house (see above post)
December 16th, 2005 11:47 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
jb wrote:

The Dutch show will be consolidated with a possible arena if things continue like this....................jake can then raise the prices for the arena show and hold on to the 50k for the stadium..thus, another 15k for arena at a higher price will almost make up for loss of 2nd stadium show.

There's not much room in the itinerary for an arena show. Besides, the Ahoy arena cost 120 euro last time around, so if they would ask 160 this time, it won't sell for sure. They're not stupid, they won't add a show in a too-slow selling market.
December 16th, 2005 11:47 AM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

The Dutch have turned their back on the Stones.....sadly, what once was a vibrant , young Stones community, has alienated the band and embraced U2.
[Edited by jb]
December 16th, 2005 11:49 AM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

There's not much room in the itinerary for an arena show. Besides, the Ahoy arena cost 120 euro last time around, so if they would ask 160 this time, it won't sell for sure. They're not stupid, they won't add a show in a too-slow selling market.

I am basing thison the cancellation of 2nd stadium show..they can get a tleast another 10-15k for Ahoy!!!
December 16th, 2005 11:49 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
jb wrote:
The Dutch have turned their back on the Stones.....sadly, what once was a vibrant , young Stones community, has alienated the band and embraced U2.
[Edited by jb]

Lol, make that Robbie Williams.

And, 'young Stones community' has been a contradictio in terminis for at least 15 years now, wherever in the world...
December 16th, 2005 11:51 AM
jb Dutch Rik saw this coming over 3 yrs ago!!!! he is a visionary like myself and begged themn to stop touring.....however, they needed the 20-25 million each for this last bang.
December 16th, 2005 11:52 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
jb wrote:
however, they needed the 20-25 million each for this last bang.

Well, who doesn't?
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
Dutch Rik saw this coming over 3 yrs ago!!!! he is a visionary like myself and begged themn to stop touring.....however, they needed the 20-25 million each for this last bang.

thanks Josh!
We saw this both, and they burned us for it
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Dutch Rik saw this coming over 3 yrs ago!!!! he is a visionary like myself and begged themn to stop touring.....however, they needed the 20-25 million each for this last bang.

We (true fans) can be thankful for the low revenue on this upcoming leg as we will perhaps get a chance to see them come back through the states in an attempt to cover the losses from the spring/summer tour
December 16th, 2005 11:55 AM
Moonisup the next tour if it comes, will a be a small tour, and not a big bang
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

thanks Josh!
We saw this both, and they burned us for it

I remember vividly how disappointed you justifiably were...we hoped they would go out on top..but sdadly, like our sports heroes, they often wait until they are way past they prime and the crowd boos them off the field......The only hope ai had was that a kick ass album/single would have reivived interestm, and once Iheard SOL, I knew they were DOA(Rik..please do not watch the AMA video..you will be more ashamed then ever that you actually love this group---painfully embarrassing).
voodoopug
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
the next tour if it comes, will a be a small tour, and not a big bang

Jake will remember who didnt come out to support his cause and will get his revenge by NEVER returning to those cities!!!!
December 16th, 2005 11:56 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I remember vividly how disappointed you justifiably were...we hoped they would go out on top..but sdadly, like our sports heroes, they often wait until they are way past they prime and the crowd boos them off the field......The only hope ai had was that a kick ass album/single would have reivived interestm, and once Iheard SOL, I knew they were DOA(Rik..please do not watch the AMA video..you will be more ashamed then ever that you actually love this group---painfully embarrassing).

Please only refer to this as "The Salt Lake Incident" It is just too painful to go on any further about it.
December 16th, 2005 11:57 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Jake will remember who didnt come out to support his cause and will get his revenge by NEVER returning to those cities!!!!

Like Chicago....................papered tothe max!!!!
December 16th, 2005 12:12 PM
egon Can someone just get me a ticket for barca?

Money's no object for i am richer than Jb.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)