ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stairway To Heaven, played backwards Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-09-03 08:41 PM
JumpinJackFlash Hey, i'm just wondering, about this song played backwards, is it intentional by Robert Plant, or is this purley coincident. Here's the link http://www.anycities.com/user/uberkinder/stairwayback.html
[Edited by JumpinJackFlash]
12-09-03 08:47 PM
beer if you play Dirty Work backwards, it sounds much better.
12-09-03 08:55 PM
Tom
quote:
beer wrote:
if you play Dirty Work backwards, it sounds much better.

Much better than Stairway to Heaven backwards or much better than Dirty Work?
12-09-03 09:11 PM
KeithRichards210 Actually, if you play Stairway backwards, you'll hear Midnight Rambler.
12-09-03 09:21 PM
corgi37 when the levee breaks has a backward guitar solo too.
12-09-03 10:10 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
when the levee breaks has a backward guitar solo too.

And if you play the solo forwards, you get the lead to Can't You Hear Me Knocking.
12-10-03 06:58 AM
nankerphelge It was intentional. Zep was one of a few bands that had hidden messages in their albums.

The Beatles Revolution #9 on the White Album has a bunch of stuff that is supposed to chronicle Paul's alleged death in a car accident.

ELO has one (can't remember the album -- I think it is Face the Music) that says "one of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces"

Pink Floyd has one on the Wall -- that weird sounding stuff right before Empty Spaces says "congratulations, you've found the secret message, send your answer to Old Pink, care of the funny farm"

12-10-03 07:14 AM
Honky Tonk Man There are about 4 or 5 backward Beatles messages about Paul's supposed death. At the end of "Penny Lane" John mumbles "I Burried Paul" There is a really good one from Abbey Road too. Play the song backwards and you wil hear high pitched screeches off "Paul Is Dead, Hee Hee Hee" I just wish i could remember the song!

There is a Beatles website out there somewhere which lets you hear all of these.

Alex
12-10-03 07:22 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
At the end of "Penny Lane" John mumbles "I Burried Paul"

Well, judging by today's edition of Paul McCartney, I'd say there's some truth to this urban legend.

(God I'm being meanie. Bad, bad girl )
12-10-03 08:37 AM
Sir Stonesalot There's one on the J Giels Band "Love Stinks" album. It says, "didn't you used to know the difference between chicken salad and chicken shit".
12-10-03 08:50 AM
FotiniD And supposedly, if you play Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust" backwards, Freddie says "it's fun to smoke marijuana".

I think half the cases are people hearing what they want to hear, and the other half are bands making a laugh out of people's reactions.
12-10-03 08:51 AM
SHINE A LIGHT when i play "stairway" backwards, i get "pomp and circumstance". i'd rather get "midnight rambler"
12-10-03 09:56 AM
Trey Krimsin When I play it backwards, it says "You're fucking up your needle. Stop it!"
12-10-03 11:23 AM
jb Corgi is not a friend.
12-10-03 11:33 AM
Joey " Corgi is not a friend. "

Corgi is very very serious .

Gypsy also has become very very serious and that is not necessarily such a good thing .

Oh , when you play the abysmal " Dirty Work " album backwards , it sounds like THE WHO'S " It's Hard " album ............................which is good !

Word to Each and Everyone of your Mothers !

For Kit ( My Pet name for my Baby Steelie ) : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

[ Surgically Edited by The Jacko ]

Jacko !

[Edited by Joey]
12-10-03 11:35 AM
jb Corgi, SS(who thankfully is not posting frequently), Gypsy, fmk? and maxlugar have become very, very serious. Corgi is no longer a friend of mine.
12-10-03 11:42 AM
Joey " maxlugar have become very, very serious. Corgi is no longer a friend of mine. "

Maxy became so serious that he blew a " Rod " and had a Brain Hemorrhoid !

Stoney slips " in and out " of seriousness .

Nanky is NOT serious . Neither is Moonie .

Steelie is gone for good !

Shiver ..........................................

Why ?!?!

Jacko !

12-10-03 11:45 AM
jb Make no mistake, we defeated SS!!!
12-10-03 11:47 AM
Joey " Make no mistake, we defeated SS!!! "

I know for a fact that somewhere out there our Baby Steelie is smiling ....................................But Where ?!?!?!

I hope is isn't too cold or hungry ?!?!?!

If he only would give all of us a sign that he is OK !!!!!

Anything ........................................

Joey Brode !
12-10-03 11:48 AM
jb He just posted on Shidoobee....he has made the transition.
12-10-03 11:58 AM
Joey " He just posted on Shidoobee....he has made the transition."

It really IS over , isn't it Josh ?
12-10-03 12:20 PM
Funky Punk Woman Plasmatics have a whole song "The Damned" backwards on side 2 of Coup d'Etat
12-10-03 01:02 PM
Monkey Woman But with CD's, is there a possibility of playing something backwards? You would need some software help, wouldn't you?
12-10-03 05:39 PM
crb69 Pink Floyd -
"One of These Days" actually says (not Backwards) "one of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces."

On Pink Floyd's the Wall -
During "Empty Spaces" before "Young Lust" you can play the LP backwards and hear "Congratulations, you've just discovered the secret message. Please send your answer to old Pink at the funny farm..."
12-10-03 09:43 PM
Gazza >There are about 4 or 5 backward Beatles messages about Paul's supposed death. At the end of "Penny Lane" John mumbles "I Buried Paul"

Its actually "Strawberry fields" (PAUL sang "Penny Lane"!) The final syllable is almost inaudible anyway. Lennon insists that he said "Cranberry sauce" (they were in the habit of saying gibberish things in the background of songs.. probably so the 'pseuds' could over-analyse it) "Cranberry sauce" sounds more like it.

12-11-03 04:34 AM
Honky Tonk Man Oh i know its "Strawberry Fields" It was just me ben a dope!

I also read that John sung "Cranberry Sauce", but i still reckon it sounds more like "I Burried Paul"

The one from Abbey Road is quite freaky. I just wish i knew what song it was on. As i said, there is a website out there that enables you to hear all of these backward messages. Can't remember the site though.

Alex
12-11-03 06:36 AM
glencar The Stones never did this backwards stuff?
12-11-03 06:40 AM
Monkey Woman "Cranberry sauce" is on a par with "scrambled eggs".
12-11-03 06:45 AM
corgi37 I am still at a loss as to why i am not a friend. And it being the Christmas month and all. What if i tell a joke. Q: Whats the difference between a tyre and 365 condoms? A: One's a goodyear, one's a fucking good year.
12-11-03 06:47 AM
glencar It's just a game; don't let it upset you. Remember this: Joshy likes to drink margaritas with whipped cream!!
Page: 1 2