ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Happy birthday Bobby and Keef!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "It Won't Take Long" was originally a soul tune....From Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 13th, 2005 05:44 AM
IanBillen [quote]Soldatti wrote:

He wrote great part of Angie and Wild Horses + Coming Down Again + half of Memory Motel + Beast Of Burden...
Keith was always on the ballad thing.

I see what you mean. I meant Keith didn't sing and soley write these numbers in reference to the album credits. Never been an album credit as to being just a Keith tune.

Again, you can't say well it is this type of ballad, or song so evidently it must be a Keith or Mick written song. You never really know. Their songs can have alot of evolution and transfermation so what makes it to the album is often not what the song originaly started as.

You go by what the group and the people involved in the project say as to who wrote what and how much with versatile bands, especially ones like The Stones.

Ian
December 13th, 2005 12:55 PM
glencar Well, Keith says he wrote Ruby Tuesday & that was back in 1967 so you go by that, ok lil feller?
December 13th, 2005 09:20 PM
IanBillen [quote]glencar wrote:
Well, Keith says he wrote Ruby Tuesday & that was back in 1967 so you go by that, ok lil feller?

I realize that. Can anyone understand what I am attempting so hard to communicate here on this subject? I have only been typing it for two months now. My fingers ran through this so many times on my computers keypad it is sickning:

You go by what the band says and the folks who were there in accounting for who wrote what. Any other way is simply assumption and half the time turns out completely inconclusive or flat out backwards.

Everyone at the sessions and writing meetings says Mick and Keith worked together on this particular album more than they have in all the recent albums. They made a solid effort to make it a joint project in terms of writing and working on this album's material and that is what they did and it worked out great.

End of Story.

As I said once before. It isn't Rocket Surgery and at this point there is no more need to specualte. It is what it is. The mystery is long over. I don't know who wrote more of one song or another but I think we all should understand the writing and working out of these songs on A Bigger Bang from both a Mick or Keith stand point are at least pretty close to being as equally important and solid. No Keith does not have writers block. No Mick did not write 90% of this album. Yes Keith can still write and Yes he did so very much all over this album according to the authorities who were there. Why so many have a hard time swallowing this is beyond me.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
[Edited by IanBillen]
December 13th, 2005 09:23 PM
speedfreakjive I think its too early to say whether is an above par Stones album. All my favourite albums took at least 6 months to sink in.......
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)