ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Memorial in London
Thanks Ruby Tuesday

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: JUST A THOUGHT..... Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-09-03 08:37 AM
SHINE A LIGHT it has come to mind that perhaps all of this in-fighting about mick's getting his "sirness" has more to do with the DATE, rather than only the celebration itself.
let's not forget, 12 dec. is the day on which we/they lost stu.....perhaps this is misplaced anger on the part of charlie and keith?? it does feel a bit unseemly to celebrate oneself, while others are remembering a most horrible day.

just a thought on the subject.
12-09-03 10:38 AM
jb I was watching Gimme Shelter last night and noticed Stu was on stage during all the raucous....didn't realize he played with them at that time.
12-09-03 10:41 AM
glencar Not a very deep thought though. Keith wasn't happy about this "paltry honor" when it was first announced a year & a half ago. He was still angry when it was initially announced to be performed on December 10th which is coincidentally my bro's birthday. This is another silly thread but not as bad as the one about Mick being a monkey man.
12-09-03 10:49 AM
SHINE A LIGHT thanks for the kind words. i was more referring to charlie.
just trying to figure out why these guys are stooping so low as to letting it even bother them at all. why not just toss it off?
12-09-03 10:52 AM
glencar Well, write what you mean. I'm not a mindreader. Your post listed both men with Keith first. Still & all, it's a dumb supposition.
12-09-03 11:00 AM
SHINE A LIGHT oh so you are following my posts!!!!??? i'm actually starting to enjoy your responses. oh, dear!!
12-09-03 11:04 AM
glencar You should not only enjoy my posts, you should learn from them. they are erudite, calm & full of insight. Your's are no such thing. You're obviously an enthusiastic Stones fan. Now take a deep breath before posting & we'll all enjoy your posts.
12-09-03 11:14 AM
SHINE A LIGHT oh my,some kind words...well, i think many DO enjoy my posts, including you. take a deep breath? i save that for meditation...i'm an enthusiastic, energetic stones/keith fan...keith's name always comes first!! will i let you be my "teacher"...perhaps. i do appreciate constructive criticism,thanks.
12-09-03 11:17 AM
glencar Well, it was meant constructively but I have a sinking feeling that nothing will help you. I hope I'm wrong.
12-09-03 11:19 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
I was watching Gimme Shelter last night and noticed Stu was on stage during all the raucous....didn't realize he played with them at that time.

he was there from the beginning jb

12-09-03 11:26 AM
glencar 1962 to 1986 in fact.
12-09-03 11:26 AM
SHINE A LIGHT glencar, my dear....just watch...you're wrong.for me this is an easy way to put down my thoughts without too much thought before doing so. i do enough of that with my profession. nonetheless, i thank you for your input.
12-09-03 11:27 AM
glencar I hesitate a bit but okay...what's your profession?
12-09-03 11:30 AM
SHINE A LIGHT regarding stu, he's a "founding member" of the stones. was told by management that the did not have the "right look" to fit in. but,as stated above, stu was with the stones until his death. great piano guy!!
12-09-03 11:32 AM
SHINE A LIGHT oh my. glencar again??? you hesitate, that seems like an oxymoron....glencar/hesitate.
professor of english literature,ok??
12-09-03 11:34 AM
glencar No frigging way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-09-03 11:37 AM
SHINE A LIGHT yes, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
12-09-03 11:39 AM
glencar GED program or comm college?
12-09-03 11:44 AM
SHINE A LIGHT university, masters programs.
12-09-03 11:45 AM
glencar No frigging way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-09-03 12:18 PM
SHINE A LIGHT i'm not here to prove anything to anyone, just to have stones' fun. but, YES WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!! oh, and some bachelors'programs as well. i'll bet you want me to ask you what you do....well i shall not pry. i WAS impressed with the word "erudite"!!??
12-09-03 12:23 PM
glencar Seriously, the way you post makes me think you're still reading Sixteen or TigerBeat, not that there's anything wrong with that!
12-09-03 12:27 PM
SHINE A LIGHT well why should i use correct capitals, etc. here??? you must notice that my spelling is always correct....at least i don't do this....how r u !!! THAT is how one can determine age/etc.
WAIT, you thought i was young AND stupid!!! oh my.....
12-09-03 12:33 PM
SHINE A LIGHT ok, glencar...gotta go man,like ya no,gotta feed my parott man...like hes starvin an wants his food...ok man, like,by for now. (is that what you had expected?).
12-09-03 12:34 PM
glencar I too must take my leave. Have a nice day.
12-09-03 12:50 PM
SHINE A LIGHT yes, you as well. to paraphrase the last line in "Casablanca".....glencar, i think you and i are going to get along just fine.
12-09-03 12:53 PM
glencar I was a bit concerned about you because of your history but this IS a new place & you seem to be doing better.
12-09-03 12:57 PM
Lambchop I think it was more of a psychological observation coming from his impressions regarding the CONTENT of your posts, rather than the language structures, if I may venture a guess.
12-09-03 01:00 PM
SHINE A LIGHT well, thank you kindly. yep, banned and exiled...all things happen for a reason. i enjoy it here, nice folks!
do they,over there, have you "watching" me and then reporting back?? i sort of feel it in my bones and soul, and my gut feelings are most often correct. however, i certainly would not hold that against you.
12-09-03 01:04 PM
SHINE A LIGHT and to lambchop...as brian said...do not judge me harshly. thanks.
Page: 1 2