ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Memorial in London
Thanks Ruby Tuesday

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Interview - ALIVE & KICKING Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-05-03 08:16 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
jb wrote:
I'm going to the Heat-Sixers game...Iverson always brings out the "in" crowd to the arena.

Jesus jb - why don't you just move out here? You would love it at the Laker games; the Laker girls and that scene would be right up your alley...

Have fun at the game.
12-06-03 06:24 AM
corgi37 Hey, JB, why am i off your "pals" list? What did i do? I thought we is all buddies here. I dont hate you. Or Joey. Or anyone. I think i posted awile ago about you bagging the Stones, but i didnt think i went too far. I dont want to make any enemies on this, the greatest of Stones sites, with what i feel is the greatest of fans. Sometimes, i just get a little defensive of my band. If i want to make enemies, I'll go to a U2 or Wacko Jacko site. Why cant we all just, get along?
12-06-03 07:10 AM
marcus aurelianus Am I in JB's in-list ?

As matter of fact, contrary to many fans in this web site, I do appreciate your posts JB .What you say about the Rolling Stones is very often sensible ( I don't agree with you when you say they are finished, etc...). In those moments , I feel close to you .

But , where I feel worlds's apart from you , is when you speak about American foreign policy .I do think you are really blinded by your feelings . Sir Stonesalot has changed his mind about the Iraq war and Mr W.Bush .What he said about it a few months ago in this forum was very intellingent and courageous .

12-06-03 01:39 PM
glencar The French have the most atrocious foreign policy at this time. You should be ashamed.
12-06-03 04:19 PM
marcus aurelianus I am not ashamed of the French foreign policy because I have never voted for Jacques Chirac (and never will ..).
I disagree with his policy , of course .
Just one thing I agreed : his attitude towards bush and his criminal foreign policy.
Oh by the way , Glencar, have you found the massive destructive weapons ? is the war "over" ? Can you walk in
the streets peacefully ?
But how come people do not accept Civilisation ??
12-06-03 07:22 PM
glencar Marcus, got any Stones info/opinions? Are you just here to offend Americans every few months?
12-06-03 10:38 PM
Steel Wheels Dear Keith Richards,

I neither think of the Stones as a touring band or a studio band.

You guys ARE a band.

Keep kicking ass. Keep taking names. Keep on making the magic.

Love,
Steel Wheels
12-07-03 02:52 AM
marcus aurelianus GLENCAR wrote :

"Marcus, got any Stones info/opinions? Are you just here to offend Americans every few months?".

My aim is not to offend Americans . Sorry if I did .But I just don't understand you (or some of you ).

I have been listening to the Stones for 29 years .They are my past and my present .I saw them 10 times this summer in Europe .And I really hope to see them in 2005 at the...MSG !
Long live to the best band ever !!
12-07-03 10:02 AM
glencar In case you forget, I disagree with my country's Palestinian policy. But you're stuff seems to go beyond disagreement. If you visit NYC, you'd be okay spouting those opinions in certain areas but I'd advise caution.
12-08-03 06:57 PM
gotdablouse Hum...par for the course I'd say...Keith Richards is certainly an "act" and I wonder who's more into "marketing", Keith or Mick!

Where's the guy who kept going on about recording the best stuff they'd done in years in Paris in 2002...I guess that now that monstruously crappy Well, Well and EWG are out, he's not going to be fooling anyone anymore!

I think the problem is that these guys have it all and aren't exactly very "hungry", not that they've been for a while mind you, but at least until the "UK Tax Fiasco" of 1998, they thought they'd be laughed at if they toured without a new album and that kept them going back to the studio in spite of the "frictions" between the two principals. It's clearly "easier" for them to show up on stage and do their thing then sit down in the studio and come up with some new stuff that won't sell anyay.

Gazza, you mention a contract with EMI, is it something they signed for or after Forty Licks? They surely haven't released anything new under that contract. Also you had gotten my hopes up a few weeks ago when you wrote we'd "have something new before than expected..."
Page: 1 2