ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!" - -
Keith Richards. New York City 1985

Ian "STU" Stewart b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985

Vielen Dank Bendix!!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: After Stu, N.Hopkins, B.Preston, Mac, WHY CHUCK!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-05-02 01:28 PM
Mustang Ain't you think that Chuck's time is finished, end? CHUCK, PLEASE GO HOME!!!

I'll prepare a written sheet to my next show, and will be:

CHUCK GO HOME!!

His piano souns like a 150$ Casio sinth!!!
Mustang

12-05-02 01:34 PM
jb My thoughts exactly! What tours was Nicky on?(70, 72, 73, )?
12-05-02 01:49 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Mustang wrote:
Ain't you think that Chuck's time is finished, end? CHUCK, PLEASE GO HOME!!!

I'll prepare a written sheet to my next show, and will be:

CHUCK GO HOME!!

His piano souns like a 150$ Casio sinth!!!
Mustang

Awww...

Now I'll be honest. I read into Chuck and he seems like a nice enough guy. Furthermore, he's really a musical 'director' of sorts - he writes up the sheets, finds the tempo the Stones like and counts in for it, etc.

And if you really take time and listen to Chuck on the studio albums of these days, he's not a bad player at all. He plays a nice honky-tonk style, almost reminescant of Stu when they had him on the country tunes. The huge, big-ass problem I've figured out with Chuck's playing has two seperate issues.

1: Chuck is TURNED UP TOO HIGH IN THE MIX. Not so that he overtakes. Just enough so that he's *noticed*. That's annoying. Unless a song is mainly piano-driven (which "Midnight Rambler", "Honky Tonk Women", "It's Only Rock'n'Roll", etc. are *NOT*), he has no business being as high up as he is. Turn *UP* Ronnie, and turn *DOWN* Chuck. I think this leg was a test for Ronnie - they didn't know whether he'd be a liability or not after all was said and done, and so they turned up him and Keith a little but left Chuck at his same place. Hopefully this will be rectified next leg. If I get out to Boston and hear Chuck clunkin' along behind "Midnight Rambler" I'm gonna keep my ticket, use it to get into the Fan Club, and give their message boards the lowdown.

2: Chuck's style of playing is good, but he CANNOT DO IT ON HIS KEYBOARD. His current keyboard CANNOT GIVE HIM THAT IAN STUART PIANO SOUND. Instead, it sounds like an echo-ey reverb-ey piano clunking along in the background too high up in the mix. If the Stones Touring Machine thought it over and gave the man a real piano and let him stand back in the mix a bit, I guarentee that we'll have no more problems with Chuck. The songs where he plays anything other than that electric travesty ("Dance" and "She Smiled Sweetly" at Roseland come to mind), he sounds fine.

In short, Chuck's not a bad player. He is right now a good piano player stuck behind an obviously synthetic and therefore horrendous-to-the-ears piano too high up in the mix in a guitar band with a rejuvinated Ronnie and a Keith who will start playing once he realizes that he's high enough in the mix that he can't rest on his laurels and strum every now and again.

Big honkin' sentence, no?

-tSYX --- It's the haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawnky tonk wimmen!
12-05-02 01:55 PM
Maxlugar Billy Preston was great with them.

Took a lot of the backing vocals that Keith was unwilling/unable to do too.

He'd be perfect. As long as the Hey Negrita dance is not resurrected. Just like our Lord and Savior, Jesus.

MAXY!
12-05-02 01:55 PM
jb Max, are you also filing bankruptcy?
12-05-02 01:58 PM
Tom
quote:
jb wrote:
My thoughts exactly! What tours was Nicky on?(70, 72, 73, )?

At least 1971, 1972 and 1973

12-05-02 01:58 PM
Maxlugar Yup.

But I'll never be morally bankrupt, like the democratic party.
12-05-02 02:00 PM
jb Cardinal Maxy Law,.....By the way, how can we both love MT so much, yet be diametrically opposed in our political views?
[Edited by jb]
12-05-02 02:08 PM
Maxlugar Because the Rolling Stones are uniters, not dividers.
12-05-02 02:32 PM
Joey " But I'll never be morally bankrupt, like the democratic party. "

But we put money in the " States " ( translation -- The People's ) Pockets and not the other way around like the Republicans .

" Give money to the states and not the Federal Gov't Ronnie "

Joeykins
12-05-02 02:37 PM
Maxlugar "It's the people's money to begin with, the democrats have never believed that, Ronnnie!"
12-05-02 02:49 PM
jb Why does my ass-hole mailman Tom constantly put down Keith and Ronnie's playing on this tour. Tom claims there is no lead guitar at all...I just played him part of the Aragon boot and he said it's missing the guitars? Is Tom correct?
[Edited by jb]
12-05-02 02:53 PM
parmeda Key word there Josh: ass-hole
Don't waste your time, or good music, on deaf ears...LOL
12-05-02 02:54 PM
Maxlugar Your friend Tom is a Douche Bag.

You heard me.
12-05-02 02:56 PM
Tom Tom? Is that me?
12-05-02 02:59 PM
Maxlugar Do you not remember if Josh just played you the Aragon boot?

Or that you deliver mail to him?

This should not be that confusing.
12-05-02 02:59 PM
jb No...it my postman here in Hollywood,Fla.Everyday I have to argue with him..claims he was a huge fan until Ronnie came ..says they have absolutely no guitar mix on recent tours..he is a guitar player so he claims "he knows".
12-05-02 03:00 PM
beer
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Billy Preston was great with them.
He'd be perfect. As long as the Hey Negrita dance is not resurrected.

MAXY!

I totally agree. That dance that Mick and Billy do together in the '75, '76 vids is downright disturbing. A cocaine induced dry hump?
12-05-02 03:00 PM
jb Billy was great on Tumbling Dice and Heartbreaker...
12-05-02 03:05 PM
Maxlugar And Crackin' Up and Honky Tonk Women.

On a sour note, his little syth blurbs during Brown Sugar were almost criminal.

But I can over look that.

Lets hope Chuck doesn't get his own two song set soon.
12-05-02 03:07 PM
jb Still not sure why he got his own "Keith" set on 75 tour.
12-05-02 03:08 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
And Crackin' Up and Honky Tonk Women.

And "Around And Around" and "If You Can't Rock Me/Get Off Of My Cloud" (which was played on a *REAL* piano, damnit).

-tSYX --- Hawwwtbreakahs....
12-05-02 03:09 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
Still not sure why he got his own "Keith" set on 75 tour.

Contract issues. He was a hugely popular guy after The Beatles kickstarted his carrer in '69.

-tSYX --- Ooh yeeeeahhhh, you crakin' up...
12-05-02 03:28 PM
Joey A year from now everyone will be asking , " Where did all the money go ???????????????? "

OR

" Why are my property taxes skyrocketing ????? "

OR

" Why are the state's social services being cut ????? "

OR

" Whatever happened to the Glory Days of the Bill Clinton Presidential Years ???????? "

OR

" How many states will Al Gore carry in 2004 , 45 or 46 ??????? "

" Bitch Slap Me HARD Ronnie "

The JOEY ( Democratic Pollster )

12-05-02 03:34 PM
nankerphelge Joey your wild romp with your CEO and her blow-filled lifestyle has finally gotten to you! Stop the madness man, she's gonna take you down.

This is your asshole --> .

This is you asshole in prison boy --> O

Get the picture?

Find a nice wooly girl and settle down...
12-05-02 03:51 PM
doo doo doo Dude >>I totally agree. That dance that Mick and Billy do together in the '75, '76 vids is downright disturbing. A cocaine induced dry hump?<<

I believe this was dubbed "the cock dance" by members of this board and is one of the main reasons MT quit the band.
12-05-02 03:57 PM
Mother baby
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:

Awww...
His current keyboard CANNOT GIVE HIM THAT IAN STUART PIANO SOUND. Instead, it sounds like an echo-ey reverb-ey piano clunking along in the background too high up in the mix. If the Stones Touring Machine thought it over and gave the man a real piano and let him stand back in the mix a bit, I guarentee that we'll have no more problems with Chuck

Sounds plausable enough to me. In fact one of the best piano ever played was "mixed out" on The Under Assistant West Coast promo man....Stu must have been livid at the idiocy....or lack of Ear.
12-05-02 09:13 PM
Joey " Find a nice wooly girl and settle down... "

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh , Cloven hoofed beasts .

Great idea Nanky ..........I could use a nice breath of fresh ' air of aristocracy ' right about now -- not to mention some demure inner self confidence .

" Sheep are beautiful Ronnie "

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ J. Bo Fly }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

12-05-02 09:42 PM
Maxlugar "I believe this was dubbed "the cock dance" by members of this board and is one of the main reasons MT quit the band."

Mick Taylor was gone long before any cocks started dancing with each other.

12-06-02 05:57 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Ciao EDU!!!
ho ritrovato il tuo post anti-Leavell!!
bella, Mustang!
ci sentiamo!
Stiamo provando IF YOU CAN'T ROCKIN' E DON'T STOP....ci vediamo a Roma
ciao!
Fabio Hot Stuff
Page: 1 2