ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!
ABKCO SUCKS!!

Trying to stop thief Allen Klein from releasing unfinished Rolling Stones material.
April 16, 1984
© The Bettmann Archives
Click here to know more how ABKCO is stealing not just the Stones and many others, but also the fans!!
Please--- Add your own comments!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones nominated best rock band of all time- vote now Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
16th November 2007 07:24 AM
lenven nicely done...thank you for posting
will make it easier for others
I am not good with that stuff
btw, Richards lives close to me in CT!
never knew that
16th November 2007 07:39 AM
egon
quote:
egon wrote:
where the F do i click to vote???!!

ah, my firewall was a bit too enthusiast.

voted now, though it hardly matters anymore...
16th November 2007 08:43 AM
Gazza
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

First of all welcome to the board!

Seems that you came here just to invite us to vote as 8 of your 9 posts are in this thread.

Something tells me theres a connection with THIS thread on IORR

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,831782,page=2
17th November 2007 09:11 AM
Bitch Stones are down on the list at 7%!
17th November 2007 10:19 AM
Gazza Guess they'll have to disband due to the shame and humiliation, now....!
17th November 2007 10:50 AM
lenven current results as of 1045est

Who is the BEST rock band of all-time?

LED ZEPPELIN:
13%
QUEEN:
13%
THE BEATLES:
7%
AC/DC:
7%
VAN HALEN:
6%
METALLICA:
21%
THE ROLLING STONES:
7%
AEROSMITH:
6%
BON JOVI:
8%
KISS:
10%
we need more votes
you can also vote more than once/ day but doesn't say how much
one NY station WPLJ? is pumping this so it can't be a fake
17th November 2007 10:59 AM
Gazza Who said its a 'fake'? The point is its meaningless.

There's polls like this somewhere every week of the year.

No one cares and no one with half a brain takes them seriously. That radio station must be hard up for something to report.

Did you know that in proper elections they dont allow mental patients to vote?

This is what happens when they do.

I refuse to vote in a poll where my vote carries the same weight as people who, based on those results, are obviously certified lunatics.
17th November 2007 11:14 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Who said its a 'fake'? The point is its meaningless.

There's polls like this somewhere every week of the year.

No one cares and no one with half a brain takes them seriously. That radio station must be hard up for something to report.

Did you know that in proper elections they dont allow mental patients to vote?

This is what happens when they do.

I refuse to vote in a poll where my vote carries the same weight as people who, based on those results, are obviously certified lunatics.

Ah fess up..your just incensed that Bon Jovi has a 1% lead on the Stones...I voted for Strawberry Alarm Clock
17th November 2007 11:18 AM
Ten Thousand Motels The only poll that really counts is taken at the cash register.
19th November 2007 07:13 AM
lenven well, regardless...I would think the Stones should be top 3
and currently, they aren't
so maybe we should support the guys instead of moaning and groaning about it.
Personally, I have not seen a vote of this magnitude outside of VH1 countdowns and those are complete jokes voted by the dumbass execs.
So, let the public vote and if think the Stones are #1, then so be it.
peace out
19th November 2007 07:45 AM
Gazza As far as I can see, youre the only one who thinks it worth 'moaning and groaning about', mate...the rest of us dont need some silly poll that will be forgotten about two minutes later to justify our personal taste
19th November 2007 07:49 AM
MrPleasant It's like voting for "best girlfriend of all time".
19th November 2007 10:35 AM
lenven well, with 1 million votes, i assume no one is taking it seriously??
i voted
do what u want
19th November 2007 03:55 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
lenven wrote:
well, with 1 million votes, i assume no one is taking it seriously??
i voted
do what u want

I thought it would be less stressful if I didnt vote.Been a Stones fan since 63 and you know what???..They've never won a poll ...ever....I gave up caring round 67....
19th November 2007 07:22 PM
lenven understood and point well taken
maybe i am a die hard "believer"
well, here is the latest,,,think they picked up another %
LED ZEPPELIN:
11%
QUEEN:
19%
THE BEATLES:
5%
AC/DC:
8%
VAN HALEN:
8%
METALLICA:
14%
THE ROLLING STONES:
7%
AEROSMITH:
9%
BON JOVI:
9%
KISS:
10%
VOTENUMBER1.COM
for the Stones

19th November 2007 07:31 PM
Gazza If one million voted (I find it hard to believe that many people give a shite) and theyre 12% off the pace and in 9th place, I think you're fighting a lost cause...

By my calculations, even if 2 million people vote by the time its over, they'll need to get a third of the next 1 million votes to remotely have a sniff.

This must be the first poll of all time where the Beatles have done so badly. Whats the average age of the voters - 8?

Go to bed.

[Edited by Gazza]
20th November 2007 12:00 PM
lenven man, all u do is bitch & moan
this thing is just starting
you know how many music fans are in the world?
get a grip!
20th November 2007 12:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
lenven wrote:
man, all u do is bitch & moan
this thing is just starting
you know how many music fans are in the world?
get a grip!

Get a life!!
20th November 2007 12:13 PM
guitarman53 Queen at 19%??? I was never a fan of Queen, the only song I ever liked was "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" & that was rockabilly style, I remember when they first came out, didn't like their albums, it was like Styx or a band like that, just didn't care for those first few albums, or even the latter ones, just didn't like them, We Will Rock You I heard so many times I'm sick totally of it.
Freddy Mercury was a great frontman, but I didn't care for him, I just never took any interest in the band at all, their music is just not my cup of tea.
20th November 2007 12:14 PM
guitarman53
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Queen at 19%??? I was never a fan of Queen, the only song I ever liked was "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" & that was rockabilly style, I remember when they first came out, didn't like their albums, it was like Styx or a band like that, just didn't care for those first few albums, or even the later ones, just didn't like them, We Will Rock You I heard so many times I'm sick totally of it.
Freddy Mercury was a great frontman, but I didn't care for him, I just never took any interest in the band at all, their music is just not my cup of tea.

27th November 2007 08:02 PM
lenven Stones are trailing at 5th place, however...
now the site has the votes in decimals so they are not that far behind at all....8.98%
I think it has changed to only 1/ vote/ day too which is a good thing since the Queen fans are fanatical!
Votenumber1.com
for the Stones
27th November 2007 08:32 PM
Soldatti
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Queen at 19%??? I was never a fan of Queen, the only song I ever liked was "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" & that was rockabilly style, I remember when they first came out, didn't like their albums, it was like Styx or a band like that, just didn't care for those first few albums, or even the latter ones, just didn't like them, We Will Rock You I heard so many times I'm sick totally of it.

You wouldn't believe how many Queen fans are out there, their ban base was in an all time high around 1992-1996 and is still very strong.
27th November 2007 08:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
If one million voted (I find it hard to believe that many people give a shite) and theyre 12% off the pace and in 9th place, I think you're fighting a lost cause...

By my calculations, even if 2 million people vote by the time its over, they'll need to get a third of the next 1 million votes to remotely have a sniff.

This must be the first poll of all time where the Beatles have done so badly. Whats the average age of the voters - 8?

Go to bed.

[Edited by Gazza]

I prefer the aggressive Gazza....its time to take it back!

27th November 2007 08:54 PM
mojoman i vote with my wallet
27th November 2007 10:06 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
lenven wrote:
Stones are trailing at 5th place, however...
now the site has the votes in decimals so they are not that far behind at all....8.98%
I think it has changed to only 1/ vote/ day too which is a good thing since the Queen fans are fanatical!
Votenumber1.com
for the Stones

But what about The Beatles?

Or KISS?

Poor lil' roven can't seem to decide between The Stones, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Led Zep, or AC/DC.

Must make for some inneresting dinner conversation at casa de ven...
28th November 2007 12:30 PM
Gazza

Nice one, Lefty

Ok, Lenven - you've been well and truly rumbled. Obviously you've an ulterior motive for promoting this stupid poll, but you're not going to do it by flooding my board with spam.

So fuck off, get a girlfriend or wait for your balls to drop..
28th November 2007 12:31 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
lenven wrote:
get a grip!

Aerosmith! Right..?
28th November 2007 07:09 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Gazza wrote:
fuck off, get a girlfriend or wait for your balls to drop..

That sentence would make a great chorus for a song.
28th November 2007 09:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Nice one, Lefty

Ok, Lenven - you've been well and truly rumbled. Obviously you've an ulterior motive for promoting this stupid poll, but you're not going to do it by flooding my board with spam.

So fuck off, get a girlfriend or wait for your balls to drop..

Again...the aggressive Gazza is the preferred Gazza....we are prepared to help you take the board back......

28th November 2007 09:40 PM
JohnDoey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Again...the aggressive Gazza is the preferred Gazza....we are prepared to help you take the board back......

You make Doey poop small rodents like a gumball machine.

Why?????
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)