ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Toyota Center - Houston, TX, December 1, 2005
© 2005 Courtesy of Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Last tour,for me it is. Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 1st, 2005 05:58 PM
glencar Although I'll probably drag myself there anyway...
December 1st, 2005 08:04 PM
T&A I completely understand what you say. I fear I'm moving in that direction as well. Not really digging ABB much (the reasons you cite are pretty much my take as well)...and this tour is a arguably their worst (certainly least interesting as a collector)....
December 1st, 2005 08:49 PM
LadyJane If there is a tour and I am breathing I will be there.

No hesitation.

Christ, I'm getting the Blues just coming to grips with the US leg coming to a close.

I've enjoyed EVERYTHING from Juillard to the present. EVERYTHING...especially meeting so many of you guys/gals.

LJ.
December 1st, 2005 09:08 PM
tumbling dice
When i was a teenager in the early 80´s,i thought 82 tour was their last tour. I dreamed a lot about see them live.In 89 they came back and my dreams came true,i saw the Stones and for me it was the first and could be my last concert .After that i went to 8 more concerts and my feelings are always the same ,The last Time?
December 1st, 2005 10:17 PM
Dan
quote:
T&A wrote:
I completely understand what you say. I fear I'm moving in that direction as well. Not really digging ABB much (the reasons you cite are pretty much my take as well)...and this tour is a arguably their worst (certainly least interesting as a collector)....

If I were in a band, the LAST thing I would care about is catering to the collectors.

Actually I wasn't the least bit excited about this tour when it was first announced, and I just assumed ABB would suck like the new tracks on 40 Licks. I still listen to it almost every day.

I have no desire to blow a few grand going to multiple shows or spend all the time audibly documenting every last note played on this tour.

Luckily I was able to do a few shows on the cheap and have a great time. At this point they can play whatever they want or even play the exact same setlist for the whole tour for whatever I care. Most of the people in the crowd, its their sole Stones experience and they want to have a good time for their $450.

What impressed me the most is how well they played the usual songs. "Miss You" was my favorite song this tour and "You Can't Always Get What You Want" was also amazing.

The only thing that annoys me is the ticket prices, fan club scams and other nefarious ticket distribution practices but I simply opted out for this tour and enjoyed it all that much more.
December 1st, 2005 10:25 PM
T&A obviously no band caters to collectors (well, maybe some do). that's not my point. my point is that past tours were interesting because there were surprises - there have no almost none the past 3 months and there undoubtedly won't be many in the coming year. that helps to make this tour a yawner, imo. execution? about par for the course, if that. the mix is better (thank god), but that's hardly a "band" thing. miss you and ycagwyw are the highlights? well, if so, that only reinforces my case....

[Edited by T&A]
[Edited by T&A]
December 1st, 2005 10:57 PM
time is on my side To me, this has been a great tour. I agree the setlist itself lacks imagination with the STONES basically playing the same setlist from one town to the next with a few surprises thrown in here or there.

However, as far as sound & performance, the STONES have been on fire. In my humble opinion, this has been a much better tour than the overrated Licks where people paid attention only to the format & fresh setlist forgetting that the sound & performance was often lacking (in the three Licks shows I saw there was only one truly great performance).

From my perspective, the STONES released a stong new album and the two arena shows I was fortunate enough to see were great, unforgetable experiences. What's there to be unhappy about???

[Edited by time is on my side]
December 1st, 2005 11:21 PM
Dan
quote:
T&A wrote:
obviously no band caters to collectors (well, maybe some do). that's not my point. my point is that past tours were interesting because there were surprises - there have no almost none the past 3 months and there undoubtedly won't be many in the coming year. that helps to make this tour a yawner, imo.

This tour has plenty of surprises if you don't obsessively follow every moment of it on the internet. How many shows have you seen this tour and how boring did it get? Also even if you like surprises, there are a familiar constants across every Stones tour - a similiar setlist with many of the usual hits and a few (or too many) new songs, other songs that deliberately correspond with the stage set-up, shows that grow progressively shorter and predictable after a bit of experimentation in the beginning.

quote:

execution? about par for the course, if that. the mix is better (thank god), but that's hardly a "band" thing. miss you and ycagwyw are the highlights? well, if so, that only reinforces my case....

Not sure what case you are trying to reinforce as YCAGWYW is one of their most popular songs, its been a rock radio staple from the beginning of my consciousness, I remember it being #1 a time or two in the 1980s when KLOS did their labor day weekend listener voted countdown. Every time they played it the whole place lit up. In Anaheim I right behind a group of about 8 young people (16-21) and even though if I wrote the setlist they would have played something else, everyone else around was really excited when they played it.

In San Diego when I was onstage, not only could I see the Stones up front, I could see the audience from the Stones perspective. When they played Miss You, the crowd noise exploded, and grew even louder as the stage broke away. And their personal techs trailed behind as the stage moved out to the other end, so I saw how that, and Honky Tonk Women are perfectly choreographed with the whole stadium specatacle.

Regardless of what they might read on the internet, I doubt the Stones have many doubts about their setlists or presentation right now.

Sure if they still did 25 song/140 min sets they could throw in more new songs and a few gems, but they haven't done a gig like that since 1997. Considering all the people leaving before the end in Anaheim or sitting during the encore in Fresno, I think their gigs are too long as it is right now.
December 2nd, 2005 02:15 AM
marko Lady Jane,this is The Last Tour.they´ll probaply come back
to states next fall,2006.
I never cared about the set list really.This better than
draggin licks tour.But i doubt is this tour reallly better
than 1994,95 or 1997-99 tours.I know i was very high after
hershey show.But first time is allways a first time,allways
on each tour.But you are mixing set list and my boredom to
do this,not even close to each other,i´m not bored because
of a fucking set list,i have better things in my life,than
think of a set list.
I´m too tired to do this,you i have all their albums on
vinyl and cd,cds almost 2 times,cd singles,some very rARE
rarities.200vinyl bootlegs,maybe 300-400 hours of video
stuff.over 1000shows,some even now in many versions,and then theres SOLO stuff i never listened to.
Then as being a perfectionst,ALL my cdr´s which are from
master tapes,or low gen tapes,or just from cdr´s,ALL ARE
REMASTERED,by analog way,CD player-nakamichi tapedeck-harman-kardon 32channel equalizer-philipps stand alone burner.
I have very expensive equipments,the front speakers costs
only 6200euros,they are active.So if the boot doesn´t sound
good and natural to me,i´ll remaster it.Natural means to
me,that it sounds like band plays in the same room.
So,after ANY of you have done this much work,and doesn´t get tired,tell me then,that you´re not tired.
December 2nd, 2005 12:47 PM
tumbled I am tired now Marko. maybe you did too much. I know I have lots of stuff I haven't even listened too either and I haven't gone camping or my bike rides since 4 years ago. I agree w/you internet is not healthy obsesssion. takes away from the surprises of the shows, from exercise and fresh air and from the family. its hard to break loose.
and then the backroom bilge that goes on at least on rs.com is enough to make you throw in the towel.
I know where you are at. we this age have been thru a lot of partying.
December 2nd, 2005 12:52 PM
Joey
quote:
tumbled wrote:
I am tired now Marko. I know where you are at. we this age have been thru a lot of partying.

You ain't done yet tumbled
|
|
V

www.omahameca.com

( I STILL dig that Avatar of your BTW !!!! ... Hear about MACCA boycotting China ?! )

Joeykins !

December 2nd, 2005 02:06 PM
tumbled you know I need a show

memories can be beautiful and yet...
some too painful to remember

its been a long life
http://talk.guardian.co.uk/[email protected]@.7748431f
[Edited by tumbled]
December 2nd, 2005 04:08 PM
CHIEFMOON Well, I guess I can add my $.02.

First gig attended: 7/2/66
Last gig attended: 11/27/05

total 124.

lowest cost per gig: $7.00
highest cost per gig: $1578.00

lowest ticket: $0.00
highest ticket: $524.00

In view of the fact that this band continues to be active, creative, inspiring and always able to out-do themselves;

I'm in for the duration...
December 2nd, 2005 04:10 PM
Joey
quote:
tumbled wrote:
you know I need a show

memories can be beautiful and yet...
some too painful to remember

its been a long life
http://talk.guardian.co.uk/[email protected]@.7748431f
[Edited by tumbled]

Marko just needs a good f##k ! :

December 2nd, 2005 04:35 PM
glencar Who is she & what's her number?
December 2nd, 2005 04:40 PM
tumbled
quote:
Joey wrote:

Marko just needs a good f##k ! :

I'm quite sure I need more than that at this juncture.
just knackered.

(Marko: beach needed (in more ways than one ha)(maybe it'll put a swish in yoru step and a gleam in your eye)

carry on, i must be travelin but I don't know where
[Edited by tumbled]
December 2nd, 2005 05:12 PM
Dan Also sounds like fatigue. Sometimes it helps to not be such a fan sometimes.
December 2nd, 2005 05:23 PM
scratched
quote:
marko wrote:
I´m too tired to do this,you i have all their albums on
vinyl and cd,cds almost 2 times,cd singles,some very rARE
rarities.200vinyl bootlegs,maybe 300-400 hours of video
stuff.over 1000shows,some even now in many versions,and then theres SOLO stuff i never listened to.
Then as being a perfectionst,ALL my cdr´s which are from
master tapes,or low gen tapes,or just from cdr´s,ALL ARE
REMASTERED,by analog way,CD player-nakamichi tapedeck-harman-kardon 32channel equalizer-philipps stand alone burner.

There's your problem - the overkill. Throw or lock away all this stuff, keep listening to the studio albums only, don't visit any of these boards and enjoy your life and other interests until the next time they tour. Then just buy some tickets and go to see them live. By then you will be gagging for it and you will enjoy the Stones for what they are - a legendary rock 'n' roll band and a good night out!
December 2nd, 2005 05:51 PM
Joey
quote:
scratched wrote:

There's your problem - the overkill. Throw or lock away all this stuff, keep listening to the studio albums only, don't visit any of these boards and enjoy your life and other interests until the next time they tour. Then just buy some tickets and go to see them live. By then you will be gagging for it and you will enjoy the Stones for what they are - a legendary rock 'n' roll band and a good night out!

Outstanding Postin'

I would like to nuzzle you .
December 6th, 2005 12:19 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
marko wrote:
I think,it is time for me call it quits,in august 2006.
being a hardcore stones junkie past 25years,since i was
bloody 9!!years old.Agressive trading business past 10-12
years,i think i have seen,and gotten that all.Been there,
done that.I also think,all these downloading music(not just
boots),is a not my thing,to an old dinosaurus like me.I´m
very oldfashioned,when it comes to recording/listening.

[Edited by marko]

So you were four years old the first time I saw the Stones! Would you rather just fade away like an old golfer and lose your balls?

Poor fellow! You need to go here:

http://www.yeproc.com/artist_info.php?artistId=883
December 6th, 2005 04:38 AM
marko Who the fuck is Dave alvin?I won´t throw away anything mates.I wanna enjoy of the work i´ve done.Thats the whole
problem,i haven´t had time to myself,or even to my collection.Thats what i wanna fix.
December 6th, 2005 06:00 AM
Jumping Jack Stop being so obsessive compulsive about collection. Just go get f'd up and enjoy yourself at a few shows. In behaving like Rain Man you have completely missed the entire point of what rock and roll and a Stones show is all about. It is supposed to be fun, not work.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)