ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Aragon Ballroom - Chicago, September 16, 2002
By Roostah and/or PhilA aka SparksWILLFly!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stripped Companion?? Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-30-02 03:33 PM
Scottfree Just recieved this today, fricking sweet.... My querstion, is about the Gimmie Shelter on it, is this the Paradiso version everyone speaks of so highly? It is simply amazing, can't imagine a better version....
11-30-02 04:00 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Yep, it's the paradiso version.
11-30-02 04:09 PM
Moonisup the dutch simply make the stones play at their best
[Edited by Moonisup]
11-30-02 04:11 PM
Scottfree Beautiful man, just beautiful... Not that I like men, i'll take the back... make it just beautfiul
11-30-02 04:24 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat one of the best live versions i've ever heard
11-30-02 04:26 PM
Moonisup second best for me

brussels is better
11-30-02 04:44 PM
sonicrock any 73 69 or 75 versions is way far better
11-30-02 05:16 PM
Moonisup
quote:
sonicrock wrote:
any 73 69 or 75 versions is way far better

fool

GS 1995 paradiso ROCKS like never b4
12-01-02 05:31 AM
sonicrock i repeat myself listen to altamont 69, la 75 or as you say brussels 73
12-02-02 01:19 PM
mikecooper to me this is one of the best bootlegs made!
it just makes you think what kind of cool stuff we might see one day from the stones!

there is a stripped DVD floating around is that a bootleg??
12-02-02 03:53 PM
jb Moon.is that a picture of you? By the way, the Paradiso version is good for the mordern era (1989-current), but does not even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as the Brussels version, Sydney version, L&G version, or even LA-75 version....it's good, but the guitars just don't scare you like the good old days IMO...
12-02-02 03:58 PM
Moonisup lol Josh

that is our demissionair prime minister JP Balkenende

GREAT PAcKAGE
12-02-02 04:06 PM
jb Glad yo got it..very cool shirts(very large also!) and the calender is a collectors item. Great Jagger interview also.
12-02-02 04:17 PM
Moonisup I am very happy with all the stuff!! I really am
12-02-02 04:20 PM
jb People arer slowly "dying" off from the sites as the tour winds down. Only true fans, like me, stay for the long haul.
12-02-02 04:23 PM
Moonisup Saturday al the dutch tics go on sale
12-02-02 04:31 PM
jb The press has all but ignored this tour..the sad truth is that no one cares anymore but us. That prick Bono was on Larry King last night and took another shot at the stones...When asked if he would be doing it at 60, said, inlike some bands, only if there music was still relevant...I hate that hair piece wearing bastard.
Unfortunately, my hairline has also begun to recede this tour ala Keith...
[Edited by jb]
12-02-02 04:34 PM
Moonisup that is a shot against the stones

the Fucker
12-02-02 04:43 PM
parmeda Josh...
Be patient...let Bono trash-mouth all he wants. What goes around, comes around...10 times worse back at ya when you bad-mouth others.
Do you really think his career will be anywhere close to what 'the boys' have at this point in their lives, when he reaches their age?
Not only does he seem jealous...he's balding and jealous! See, the payback is starting already!
12-03-02 10:53 AM
jb Yes Parmeda...in time, we all get what we deserve...
12-03-02 10:55 AM
nankerphelge Cool!
I've always deserved Heather Locklear.
Can't wait to git her!!

12-03-02 10:59 AM
jb Joshy deserves the 2003 CL 500, several mistresses under 25, and my wife and kids to stop bleeding me for every last dollar I earn.
12-03-02 11:01 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
my wife and kids to stop bleeding me for every last dollar I earn.

Must be tough, my man. I know mailmen don't get freakin' half what they are worth!
12-03-02 11:04 AM
nankerphelge Seriously jb -- is she taking you that bad!? You gotta do something about that. Get a new wife or something.

Man my second wife is gonna be so young and hot...
12-03-02 11:06 AM
jb My mailman use to get a nice holiday bonus($100 dollars and bottle of JD). After his comment this year that "he just got a VHS of INXS and it is the greatest concert he ever saw"...and that "their lead singer is (was) so much better than Jagger", he will be receiving 25.00 dollars and a box of those Dannish cookies .

Nanker...you know that song by the late Frank Zappa...with the JAP reference(please , no one take offense)that is my life.
[Edited by jb]
12-03-02 11:07 AM
Angiegirl I don't get bono bashing the Stones! He is friends with Mick, sings on his solo-album, performs onstage during the LICKS tour, so whassup with that, huh??? Maybe he meant some other band (The Eagles or something, whatever).
12-03-02 11:11 AM
nankerphelge My explanation: He's a gaping asshole!

12-03-02 11:13 AM
parmeda Oh Josh...
...try writing Santa a note, maybe he can help ya hon.

But in the meantime, look at 'ole Liam! He got what HE finally deserved, LMAO!!...and the goombas where quite happy to obligue, I'm sure! He should consider himself lucky that he "walked" away from that with just his teeth kicked down his throat. The preference of choice is usually an aluminum ball bat...the boys especially enjoy hearing the *ping* noise they make when coming in contact with ones skull. Obviously, one must not have been available.
12-03-02 11:16 AM
jb Yes Parmeda...but I forgot, I also need 2 singles for 1/17 and 1/18 at less than 4k a ticket..Your idea is beginning to look more and more like a possibility/LMAO!
[Edited by jb]
12-03-02 11:17 AM
parmeda Hey Nank...
Take another look at the title of this thread...any connection with your 'wishful thinking'?
Page: 1 2