ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Quiet Riot singer found dead in Las Vegas Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th November 2007 03:25 PM
Martha Quiet Riot singer found dead in Las Vegas

52 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Kevin DuBrow, lead singer of the popular 1980s heavy metal band Quiet Riot, has been found dead from unknown causes at his home in Las Vegas, authorities said on Monday.

DuBrow, 52, was found dead at about 5:20 p.m. on Sunday, a spokeswoman for the Clark County Coroner's Office said. She said an autopsy would be conducted to determine the cause of death.

"I can't even find the words to say," Quiet Riot bandmate Frankie Banali said on his Web site. "Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend, Kevin DuBrow."

Quiet Riot, which was founded in the mid-1970s, topped the Billboard charts in 1983 with the album "Metal Health," spurred on by the massive hit single "Cum on Feel the Noize."

The band has since endured break-ups and personnel changes but released a new album in 2006 and continued to tour sporadically.

(Reporting by Dan Whitcomb; Editing by Bill Trott)
26th November 2007 03:32 PM
pdog Some kid in some Emo fag band Hawthorne Heights just died too....

26th November 2007 05:04 PM
SheRat he was finally strangled by that ridiculous wig he's been wearing around since 1993....

26th November 2007 05:18 PM
Izzyboy Dubrow rivals Don Henley in the arrogance department.
26th November 2007 05:27 PM
mojoman come on feel the?
26th November 2007 05:40 PM
fireontheplatter not much into this kind of music.
its a bummer he died...may he rest in peace.
26th November 2007 05:56 PM
Dan
quote:
SheRat wrote:
he was finally strangled by that ridiculous wig he's been wearing around since 1993....

Or eaten by it

26th November 2007 06:32 PM
StephenNYC Seems like so many musicians end up dying in Las Vegas these days. Its a brutal town to say the least. I'm guessing there's a tragic, sad side to this story.
26th November 2007 06:35 PM
Dan
quote:
StephenNYC wrote:
Seems like so many musicians end up dying in Las Vegas these days. Its a brutal town to say the least. I'm guessing there's a tragic, sad side to this story.

Low cost housing but enough of night life and real close to L.A. Lots of musicians with careers on the wane have relocated to Las Vegas.

I know the manager of someone on the corporate & corn dog circuit who rents a large condo for $800 a month. Originally from L.A. and spends a lot of time here but your dollar goes a lot further there than here.
26th November 2007 06:36 PM
Bloozehound Did he bang his head ?
26th November 2007 06:38 PM
mrhipfl Was he in the band Slade, as well? I know both bands did the songs come on feel the noize and mama weer all crazy now and they sound almost exactly the same. Which band did them first?
26th November 2007 06:44 PM
Dan
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Was he in the band Slade, as well? I know both bands did the songs come on feel the noize and mama weer all crazy now and they sound almost exactly the same. Which band did them first?

No, Dave Evans was the singer of Slade. They had a hit with one Slade song so tried another. I don't think Slade ever really made it in the U.S. and Quiet Riot was never even a blip on the radar overseas.
26th November 2007 06:46 PM
Bloozehound all I know is that he was an axegrinder, piledriver
his Mother said that he never, never mind her
26th November 2007 06:51 PM
Some Guy Back in the day them cats was big.
26th November 2007 08:14 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
all I know is that he was an axegrinder, piledriver
his Mother said that he never, never mind her

He also had no brains, was insane and the teacher said that he was one big pain.

[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
26th November 2007 09:14 PM
tumbled las vegas will kill anyone....
26th November 2007 09:31 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:

He also had no brains, was insane and the teacher said that he was one big pain.

I've also heard he was like a laser, six-streamin razor, had a mouth like an alligator

26th November 2007 09:49 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
pdog wrote:
Some kid in some Emo fag band Hawthorne Heights just died too....

YEAH!!! He was found dead around the corner from my house!!!!
26th November 2007 09:50 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Did he bang his head ?

THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE READ IN QUITE A WHILE ON THESE HERE BOARDS!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!
26th November 2007 10:59 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

YEAH!!! He was found dead around the corner from my house!!!!

I read he passed away in his sleep.

?
26th November 2007 11:17 PM
Sioux I read he died on his tour bus. Possibly asthma related.
26th November 2007 11:21 PM
Lethargy Let us now reflect...Every year as random musicians die it's more amazing to me that KEEF is still alive. I mean come on, not even the Boston or Quite Riot lead singers can out live KEEF?

Simply amazing when you think about it...
27th November 2007 09:37 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
tumbled wrote:
las vegas will kill anyone....

What dont kill ya will make ya stronger...Too bad your theory has eluded Wayne Newton...
27th November 2007 11:07 AM
jb http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/11/27/movie-stars-hair-plumps-_n_74245.html
27th November 2007 11:09 AM
steel driving hammer Was Paul McCartney there?
27th November 2007 11:24 AM
jb
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Was Paul McCartney there?

Sweet Magnolia?
27th November 2007 04:46 PM
tumbled
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

What dont kill ya will make ya stronger...Too bad your theory has eluded Wayne Newton...

Wayne Newton used to have peacocks walking around the perimeter wall of his place on I think it was sunrise and he had some nice horses and my stepbrother's girlfriend got to ride there. nice guy.

it looks like he has a new house now.

http://explorer.altopix.com/map/hdxtq6/Wayne_Newtons_House.htm
[Edited by tumbled]
27th November 2007 05:02 PM
gimmekeef Danke Schoen for that Newton update........
27th November 2007 05:20 PM
tumbled my pleasure...

27th November 2007 05:35 PM
pdog Wayne Newtons house and his pets...
My God! What have we become?
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)